Bama A-Day game thread

WarEagle84

Is Foster seriously hurt?

Looked like a concussion. No official word as of now to my knowledge

Glad I don`t have ESPN-U so I wasn`t tempted to watch bammer. A for the AU broadcast, the espu sucks big time Half hour late due to an nba game and Mtl/Crooklyn at that. UGH. The announcers for our game were awful. JMHO and WDE.

Glad I don`t have ESPN-U so I wasn`t tempted to watch bammer. A for the AU broadcast, the espu sucks big time Half hour late due to an nba game and Mtl/Crooklyn at that. UGH. The announcers for our game were awful. JMHO and WDE.

But...at least we won :D

I know both teams played vanilla but the bammers O looked horrible

That can only be be because their defense is so frickin' awesome. (At least that's what they'll tell you.)

I guess the bama loser still get beans, but the bama winner really does not deserve steak, maybe hotdogs.......

Well with the losses they had on D, i would have to hazard a guess that this is not a stellar D this year either.

The Kiffin Curse may already be starting to bother them on O.

Just finishing up watching the replay now. Man, I cannot IMAGINE why anyone would rather play there than at Auburn. No fun whatsoever! Well, I guess they stupidly buy that 'it's a business' sell job. As if you can't get to the pros from ANY SEC team.

Anyway, they look TERRIBLE on offense. Their D looks stout, especially the front 7. But they're playing against a TERRIBLE offense. No line. No QB. Receivers can't catch. They do have good RBs. But no line.

Even if Coker is good -- and he HAS to be better than what they have now -- I don't think their line can protect him or block for the RBs well enough for them to score very many points. Seriously. They look TERRIBLE.

Think almost as bad as Florida last season.

:big:

So the kiffin magic has not arrived at UAT? If saban fires him half way through the season, I will not be suprised.

I think Bama has neglected its offense the last few years. The only heir apparent to McCarron was Phillip Sims, who not only transferred to Virginia, but was apparently kicked off the team and is now at Division II Winston-Salem State.

Certainly Bama has recruited big-time RBs, but what about their vaunted offensive line from a few years ago? The era of a big, dominant line, powerful RBs, and an accurate, consistent, winning QB ... that is all gone except for the RBs.

And I think those facts make the Bama D look better than it actually is. I think the 2014 Bama D will be every bit as good as some of the top SEC defenses over the last couple of years (i.e., a healthy 2013 UGA), but I do not think they will be anywhere close to the Bama D's of the last few years.

The result is Bama will probably drop a couple this year. It is hard to say, because this may be a year with a lot of parity in the SEC West. TAMU, LSU, and Bama have all lost some key players. Ole Miss should have its strongest team in a decade. MSU did not lose many seniors. AU should have a stronger team than last year.

For Bama's cross division games, UTK will be playing with a chip on its shoulder, and UF could be a trap game if Bama is caught looking ahead to their first true road game for 2014 against a strong Ole-Miss team.

Because I think Bama will likely have a loss coming into the Iron Bowl, I do not think Bama can make it to the 4-Team CFB Playoff without winning the SEC West and the SEC CG.

Last season all we heard was "Bama versus Oregon is inevitable", but inevitably someone failed to tell Stanford. Then we heard "Bama versus FSU is inevitable", but Gus Malzahn failed to get the memo. The era of the MNC belonging to Bama and Bama only need to show up to claim it are over. That died on the turf of Pat Dye Field in Jordan-Hare Stadium on a 4th and 1, a blocked field goal, a complete smoke job called Marshall to Coates, and the ultimate check-mate called defending a field goal attempt with your punt return team.

And despite all of the 5 Stars, UAT's 2014 team seems to be lacking the "Star Factor". Go figure.

If Bama's offense isn't better this season than the spring game showed, it could bode poorly for the defense. If the offense has more 3-and-outs, that means the defense will be on the field more, and whether they're getting worn out more or not, the fact they're on the field more means that the opposing offense has more chances to score. One of Bama's critical needs is an offense that can take chunks of time off the clock. Think back to our 2008 team. Probably could've been one of the best Auburn defenses of all time had the offense been competent.

If Bama's offense isn't better this season than the spring game showed, it could bode poorly for the defense. If the offense has more 3-and-outs, that means the defense will be on the field more, and whether they're getting worn out more or not, the fact they're on the field more means that the opposing offense has more chances to score. One of Bama's critical needs is an offense that can take chunks of time off the clock. Think back to our 2008 team. Probably could've been one of the best Auburn defenses of all time had the offense been competent.

Oh man, under Tubs, minus a few years, if the offense had merely been average AU would've won more than 1 SEC title during his tenure. Lots of shared SEC West titles, though.

Archived