Dorial Green-Beckham Suspended

PCBAuburnaFan

Another incredible waste of talent...

Someone will take a chance on him at a smaller school and eventually an NFL team will give him a chance. That chance will matter if, and only if, DGB wants it to matter.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even worse for Mizzou is that his little brother, also DGB, will be on scholarship come fall. He was a 2* who most believe only got offered by Mizzou because of his brother.

Even worse for Mizzou is that his little brother, also DGB, will be on scholarship come fall. He was a 2* who most believe only got offered by Mizzou because of his brother.

Good, part of the deal. He will either show up or be shown the door. Mizzou got their value out of DGB just out of last year.

Sad that he couldn't be tamed. He was a beast on the field. Next time he plays will be for the Raiders.

Sad indeed. But I would be surprisedif he doesn't land on an FCS roster somewhere. He won't be draft eligible until next year. If he doesn't play somewhere this year his draft stock will plummet.

Missouri is a train wreck off the field. Hard to feel sorry for a kid who blows so many chances, especially to do it in this way. Big blow for Mizzou.

DGB was recruited pretty hard by AU. We all really wanted him. He is soo talented. When he was in HS, there were indications he might have some issues.

I have to say I feel sorry for Mizu. It is tough to lose a talent at his level. He is 1st round draft talent IMO. I would have loved to have him at AU, but I am glad we don't have this issue to worry about.

This is going to be very interesting to see if he goes JUCO and gets a second chance at Div. 1 college football. I would be curious to see who recruits him that 2nd time.

This is going to be very interesting to see if he goes JUCO and gets a second chance at Div. 1 college football. I would be curious to see who recruits him that 2nd time.

if he truly straightens out I earnestly hope we do.

Odds of that happening, seem pretty slim. Though Gus DID give Dyer a chance, and we all saw how that played out.

Odds of that happening, seem pretty slim. Though Gus DID give Dyer a chance, and we all saw how that played out.

And while Dyer had problems I don't recall him ever being arrested but seems that certain types of behavior are just hard for some guys to overcome.

DGB has spent about as much time in the pokey as he has in class...not to mention a couple "allegations" that got hushed up....there is no reason to expect him to change.

I would hate to see AU spend a scholarship on him on the off chance he might play one year.... instead of an up and coming prospect who might actually spend most of his career at AU...and out of trouble.

He can't go to JUCO, he's already played two years. Best bet, he plays one year at a D-2 school and declares for the NFL draft.

And your music sig is no longer throwing up a security warning everytime I click on a thread you've posted in. Thanks if you did something to fix that.

Ok great! :thumbsup:

I think you're right about signing kids with red flags though, I think there is a correlation with how skilled a player is and how many red flags coaches are willing to ignore.

• 2 months later...

ESPN reports that Green-Beckham has joined Oklahoma...

Yep.. I just saw that too... woooooooooooooooooow. He can't play this year can he?

ESPN reports that Green-Beckham has joined Oklahoma...

Yep.. I just saw that too... woooooooooooooooooow. He can't play this year can he?

Apparently he can. No idea why.

EDIT: OU can apply for a waiver to allow him to play and will pursue it. I can't imagine why the NCAA would grant it, but we'll see.

If he gets a waiver I'm going to flip out. What he did is shameful and disgusting. He's actually one of the few players that I think shouldn't have gotten a "second chance".. at least not so soon anyway.

I believe the only waiver available is a medical hardship waiver, such as Jay Prosch was granted because of his mother's illness. Since this guy will be moving farther away from home, not closer, I see no chance of that being granted. Also, they've never, to my knowledge, granted a waiver to a player who was suspended or kicked out of his previous school.

He'll have to sit a year.

ESPN reported he will have 2 years of eligibility starting in 2015. There is an appeal process, but they are mum on what the rule is, if they even know. They also reported that there was an LSU point guard dismissed from the program who was granted immediate eligibility at Ok State.

ESPN reported he will have 2 years of eligibility starting in 2015. There is an appeal process, but they are mum on what the rule is, if they even know. They also reported that there was an LSU point guard dismissed from the program who was granted immediate eligibility at Ok State.

Anthony Hickey. and pretty sure Missouri would have to sign off on it for it to happen.

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2014/06/former_lsu_guard_anthony_hicke.html

Anthony Hickey. and pretty sure Missouri would have to sign off on it for it to happen.

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2014/06/former_lsu_guard_anthony_hicke.html

According to the article you linked, the NCAA run off rule only requires that he be in good academic standing and that the old school confirm that he was asked not to return to the program.

Archived