Junior Day: Feb. 22nd Visitors

EagleDamnWar

Confirmed

-5 star OT Martez Ivey

-5 star DT Daron Payne

-5 star DT Daylon Mack (Texas A&M commit)

-5 star DT Trent Thompson

-3 star FB Chandler Cox

-4 star LB Richard McBryde

-4 star S Jordan Colbert

-4 star DE James Lockhart

-4 star OT Kaleb Kim

-LB Elijah Sullivan

-4 star DT/DE Jonathan Ledbetter (bama commit)

-3 star RB Keith Mixon

-3 star OG Aaron Garza- visiting Thursday/Friday

-CB Jalen Thompson

Possible

-3 star WR KJ Hill

Oh man i hope we dazzle daylon mack on this one. What a beast

Couldn't agree more. Would love to snag him and Payne as the future foundation of the defensive line.

As the continued Foundation of the Defensive Line.

I only say that because of what we have coming back and what will be coming in this fall man is D-Line looking strong in the near and long term future.

I would consider naming any future child o'mine Daylon if we could snag this kid. Of course the Mrs. might have an issue with this but I forgive her because of her lack of recruiting knowledge. :)

Love love love to see Kerryon down here for this as well.

Couldn't agree more. Would love to snag him and Payne as the future foundation of the defensive line.

I only say that because of what we have coming back and what will be coming in this fall man is D-Line looking strong in the near and long term future.

Point taken and agree.

DL potentially will be our weak point on defense next year. We only have Adams, Lawson, Daniels and possibly the JUCO guys that will have much experience. If Russell and Williams are players this year it will help a lot next.

DL potentially will be our weak point on defense next year. We only have Adams, Lawson, Daniels and possibly the JUCO guys that will have much experience. If Russell and Williams are players this year it will help a lot next.

Not sure if serious???

1da.gif

Yep. Lambert will definitely play this year, and given our lack of depth at DE, I suspect two of the incoming freshmen will as well.

Per 247, 5* and #1 DT Trent Thompson will be there. Would be nice to snag any combination of two between Mack, Payne and Thompson or is that just wishful thinking on my part? With us having three Sr's and two Jr's (at least from what I show) I feel this position is a big need for the '15 class. I'm sure early playing time will be a factor to some of those and from what I can tell, we can most definitely offer that at the DT position.

Jordan Colbert. Will be at Junior Day. And. TJ Rahming. And. Nick Dawson. . Allie and Woody Wommack, with whom she spent the day watching these guys at the Adidas Showcase, really like Colbert. Said also that rahming is being recruited as WR.

Taj Griffin there too and said Coach Horton has picked up the contact.

Per 247, 5* and #1 DT Trent Thompson will be there. Would be nice to snag any combination of two between Mack, Payne and Thompson or is that just wishful thinking on my part? With us having three Sr's and two Jr's (at least from what I show) I feel this position is a big need for the '15 class. I'm sure early playing time will be a factor to some of those and from what I can tell, we can most definitely offer that at the DT position.

I believe we have 4 SR at DT. Wright, Blackson, Bradley, and Whitaker.

Edit: I just looked it up, the 4 SRs is correct, but we only have 1 JR Niles. So we do have the 5 upperclassmen DTs you were thinking of. Our new JUCO DT has 3 to play 3 so he is a Soph.

Garner is a magnetic recruiter and the kids almost always love him, and so do their Mama's. Even those he doesn't sign speak highly of him. I don't have any predictions but I like where we are with alot of these kids. Thompson is a student of the game. When he visits he watches the DL closely, paying attention to their attitude as well as the play. It would be nice if one or more of the SR's really stepped up and has a big year. Good Coaching + Playing Time = Happy DT's! (I hope my intricate formula doesn't confuse some of you Engineers, :) )

Garner is a magnetic recruiter and the kids almost always love him, and so do their Mama's. Even those he doesn't sign speak highly of him. I don't have any predictions but I like where we are with alot of these kids. Thompson is a student of the game. When he visits he watches the DL closely, paying attention to their attitude as well as the play. It would be nice if one or more of the SR's really stepped up and has a big year. Good Coaching + Playing Time = Happy DT's! (I hope my intricate formula doesn't confuse some of you Engineers, :) )

Mak3es perfect sense to me. But luckily I was a Biology Major from AG hill. Who now works in IT.

I believe we have 4 SR at DT. Wright, Blackson, Bradley, and Whitaker.

Edit: I just looked it up, the 4 SRs is correct, but we only have 1 JR Niles. So we do have the 5 upperclassmen DTs you were thinking of. Our new JUCO DT has 3 to play 3 so he is a Soph.

I thought Bradley was a SO this past year. Not 100% sure but I'm pretty confident that he was.

I thought so too, but he was a Junior. Devonte Danzey was the JUCO lineman with 3 to play 3, not Bradley. Both signed in the same class. I had their eligibility mixed up. Oddly, Bradley was listed as a Sophomore on the rivals roster, but he's clearly listed as a Junior on Auburn's official website and bio. Rivals updated their classification of him within the last two weeks. They now list him as a Junior last season as well.

This year we will have four senior DTs and one senior DE. We will add one Junior DE/DT and we have two other Junior defensive linemen (DT JaBrian Niles and DE Keymiya Harrell). Those eight are all the upperclassmen on the defensive line.

Archived