***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

14 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

The talk seems to have simmered with all of the baylor drama and gus's ineptitude to evolve. chances are slim and none.

I understand the possible link with Stidham but KB has just competed his second year as OC and after losing his QB, the team has lost 4 in a row.  Aside from Stidham, is this really the guy we think is a step up from RL?    He was running his father's offense and now that's over...

Some much better names have been mentioned about guys who have some better experience IMO. Just wondering if he is the guy to out-plot Saban or Muschamp or some of the other top DCs in the conference considering that he has been playing in a conference where defense is an after-thought ? 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I understand the possible link with Stidham but KB has just competed his second year as OC and after losing his QB, the team has lost 4 in a row.  Aside from Stidham, is this really the guy we think is a step up from RL?    He was running his father's offense and now that's over...

Some much better names have been mentioned about guys who have some better experience IMO. Just wondering if he is the guy to out-plot Saban or Muschamp or some of the other top DCs in the conference considering that he has been playing in a conference where defense is an after-thought ? 

Wait,  they lost four in a row after losing their qb? Unacceptable!  Fire everyone.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Fair question. 

Stidham tweeted today, "it's about to get interesting". I think he is a mature kid. I do not think he has decided where he is going yet.

14 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Stidham tweeted today, "it's about to get interesting". I think he is a mature kid. I do not think he has decided where he is going yet.

It's getting more interesting because LSU has just entered the picture.  They (Orgeron & LSU) are putting a full court press on Kiffen with big $$$ to back it up, making him the highest paid OC in the country.  A Kiffen. Stidham combination to go with LSU's other offensive talent will be NASTY.

11 hours ago, tinman said:

It's getting more interesting because LSU has just entered the picture.  They (Orgeron & LSU) are putting a full court press on Kiffen with big $$$ to back it up, making him the highest paid OC in the country.  A Kiffen. Stidham combination to go with LSU's other offensive talent will be NASTY.

It's too late for lsu. It's either A&M or AU. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tinman said:

I also heard Florida ... I don't know if either have a shot really. It sounds like he wants to choose between aTm and the good guys. Hope he chooses us. Will he be in Auburn this week with his girlfriend? If so, we could be getting the visit just at the right time.. does the dead period apply to him since he is just a normal college student?

Hard to think that we will do anything with the offensive staff before he has to commit if he plans to enroll in January. 

Seems that if he selects AU it will be because of the school and Gus.... and whatever they tell him about the future. If he is looking to start somewhere, it's hard to think he could find a major school more in need of a new QB. 

16 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Hard to think that we will do anything with the offensive staff before he has to commit if he plans to enroll in January. 

Seems that if he selects AU it will be because of the school and Gus.... and whatever they tell him about the future. If he is looking to start somewhere, it's hard to think he could find a major school more in need of a new QB. 

What if Gus has told Stidham of his plans for a new OC? Just saying. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Then that would not help would it? 247 is and has reported for a while that Rhett is a very big factor in Stidham's interest in AU. Don't know if true but Keith and aTm recruiting reporters are reporting it.

18 hours ago, AUBwins said:

IF Stidham signs in early December, could he participate in bowl practices? 

Yes. Juco signing day is December 14 BTW

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

JMO but if you tell something like this to a recruit you better go ahead and get a jump on things and tweet it to the whole world.   If RL is going at the end of the season, might as well say so.  I prefer dealing honestly with things like this....and take the hit if that is what it comes down to. .. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

WDE wonder who that guy in your avitar......hummm

Avatar are usually some one that the person admires.

35 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I'm pretty sure that WarDamnEagleWDE is Jack Crowe.

WDE isn't as cynical of the SEC as Jack Crowe is. 

• Like 1

I have to believe that Malzahn is smart enough to realize that if he doesn't make some changes on his offensive staff, he himself won't last much longer. Remember how hard headed Tuberville was when it came to him making changes and he did very little? he was gone. It looks as though Malzahn is just like Tuberville.

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

They just are.

I could be wrong, but I think our chances are better than some people think, especially over the last week or so.  By all accounts, no one has recruited him harder than Auburn and as of this week, he still hasn't even met Kevin Sumlin face to face.  Stidham will be in Auburn tomorrow and will have an in home visit from us on Friday.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

I have to believe that Malzahn is smart enough to realize that if he doesn't make some changes on his offensive staff, he himself won't last much longer. Remember how hard headed Tuberville was when it came to him making changes and he did very little? he was gone. It looks as though Malzahn is just like Tuberville.

Ummm. Tony Franklin was a drastic change. The problem was the rest of the O staff did not believe in his system and therefore were not committed to it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I could be wrong, but I think our chances are better than some people think, especially over the last week or so.  By all accounts, no one has recruited him harder than Auburn and as of this week, he still hasn't even met Kevin Sumlin face to face.  Stidham will be in Auburn tomorrow and will have an in home visit from us on Friday.

I took a4e's question to be about K Briles not Stidham as I had just replied the chances were slim on Briles from another poster.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

They need to pull out the Cadillac press

• Like 4

Apologies if this has been mentioned earlier in this thread, as I'm sure it has been, but what's the timeline on his commitment? Has to be by December 14?

Edited by Barnacle