***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

10 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

He will enroll at the school he chooses in December and he will get to participate in bowl practices.

Are we 100% certain he will enroll in December? He could pull a Davis Webb and wait until a few months prior to the season to enroll.

2 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Are we 100% certain he will enroll in December? He could pull a Davis Webb and wait until a few months prior to the season to enroll.

100% certain on the December enrollment. 

2 hours ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Pretty certain. He wants to take advantage of the bowl practices to learn the offense.

12 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

That also shows he really wants to be at TAMU that he immediately called them when he got back. So I do actually believe that he prefers to be a Aggie.

Unless he called them to tell them he had decided to got to AU...

• Like 2

Florida to possibly visit him this weekend. There was a guy on the radio from U of Florida yesterday. He said they are desperately trying to get in late on stidham and if they cant get him they are going after the ND kid. 

8 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Florida to possibly visit him this weekend. There was a guy on the radio from U of Florida yesterday. He said they are desperately trying to get in late on stidham and if they cant get him they are going after the ND kid. 

UF is visiting Sunday. 

10 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Pretty certain. He wants to take advantage of the bowl practices to learn the offense.

Then based off recent A&M rumors and that Sumlin has never had face-to-face contact (this is the big part), I would agree with Niebuhr and Marcello that he'll sign with AU.

Of course unless A&M reorganizes their efforts and receive their 3rd visit. Then it could swing back to 50/50. @ellitor do you know if/when that 3rd A&M visit will take place?

On 12/1/2016 at 8:03 AM, McLoofus said:

I believe he's left town. And what was pitched to him is that Rhett isn't talking to GSU. 

The biggest pitch is the one that TAMU isn't giving him. He's theirs if they decide they want him. 

This is disheartening to say the least. 

23 hours ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

I just read somewhere that Mond threatened A&M with his commitment if they bring in Stidham. I will see if I can find it again but that would be huge. If Stidham chooses A&M, we get Mond and if he chooses us well then we get him..

I for one don't think Mond and JS are even on the same page.  With JS we have competition against FBS competition.  For Mond,  he is on a STACKED high school team, and pretty much all the highlights I've seen are Bombs to wide open WRs,  and he has around a 50% completion % last I saw. Who knows if Mond will work out for the next coach at A&M,  but I thank Sumlin for never meeting JS. 

21 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Celebrate.

I certainly would.  I would absolutely love JS to come to AU, but I'd rather see someone that can actually develop a QB.  JS should of been making sure he would have a different OC rather than making sure Lashlee would be his... Thinking about that.... It almost makes me feel like strange things are a foot at the circle k. 

14 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

Gus scares me when he does not have his guy like Cam and Nick. If it's that close between the 3 we may get whirlybird 2017...I hope someone comes in competes and takes the job early on..

If JS signs with us,  there is nothing to worry about.  That will happen.  There is a HUGE difference between JS and JF3 would couldn't start over a QB that didn't get a single FBS offer. 

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

Still mixed reports on whether it changed to an official or not and it woulds not mean anything in terms of AU's chances had it been changed. He did not take part in any bells at whistles that are apart of an OV.

I usually agree wholeheartedly with you E,  but not on this one.  If it in fact did change to an Official,  it reduces the number of other schools who JS could visit officially. This is very much to our advantage if it did. 

Guys,  is it better I multiquote this many at once,  or should I do like e and post  new replies for each one? 

A few random thoughts/questions:

Is the GF a major factor in his recruitment?  What are the chances AU soccer would have a scholly for her?

I wouldn't worry too much about "the call" after his AU visit.  He could have called to say "I love AU.  If I'm not a priority at TamU, I am going to AU".  Or "Here's what AU said, what do you guys think?" Or he may have told them he would call after his visit and he was merely keeping his word.  Who knows?

It sounds like most people in the know believe that TamU would be his first choice and AU his 2nd.  Those same people are suggesting that he isn't a priority for TamU, therefore he will pick AU.  However, if TamU changes their mind before Jan. enrollment, JS will be going there instead of AU.

I obviously have no clue what CKS is thinking, but if I were him I would be concerned about winning next year more than 2-3 years from now.  Therefore, my #1 QB would be the one that I think would give me the best chance to win next year.

I am glad that JS is trending towards AU right now.  I think he very well could be that one missing piece that could make the 2017 AU Tigers a championship team.  And I don't care if we are his 2nd, 3rd, or 40th preference as long as he ends up here.  But I won't be comfortable with this one until he is enrolled in classes at AU.  I'm afraid that at any moment CKS will wise up and realize that JS could save his job next year, making Mond's reaction somewhat irrelevant, and buying CKS another year to figure out his 2018 QB situation if Mond decides to bolt because of Stidham.

Even if CRL promised JS he wouldn't leave AU, he could obviously change his mind in January.  By that time Stidham will have signed with and hopefully fallen in love with Auburn.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

Hmm maybe it is the pessimistic in me and am but man! Is it looking like he is trying to find somewhere ANYWHERE to play that is not Auburn?! lol damn!! I want him to be a Auburn Tiger already.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2016 at 10:18 AM, selias said:
3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Hmm maybe it is the pessimistic in me and am but man! Is it looking like he is trying to find somewhere ANYWHERE to play that is not Auburn?! lol damn!! I want him to be a Auburn Tiger already.

Like any big recruit, I think he wants to weigh all of his options before making a decision. If Florida is an opportunity for him, he should look at it. I still think we've done an excellent job recruiting him, and we've recruited him harder than anyone else. But we knew or should have known there would be stiff competition for his services. 

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I would say he is just evaluating his options.  If AU was his only option he'd be here right now. 

Wait and see what happens, this may turn out very well for us.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

If he was visiting them, I'd be more pessimistic, but them coming to him means little to me. Sounds like a kid being smart to me. As my dad always taught me, it never hurts to listen because you can always say "no thanks".

Looking at TAMU's QB depth chart, compared to AU (especially if SW is healthy), AU for JS will be a tough sell. If SW's injuries prove career-ending, and JS comes to AU, I expect JF3 will transfer. If JS chooses TAMU and SW's career is over, I expect JF3 will stay, and likely be the starting QB (with Woody as the backup). If JS chooses TAMU and SW is healthy, JF3 might still transfer, then I expect it to be SW as the starter and Woody as the backup. If JS chooses AU and SW is healthy, JF3 will definitely transfer, and if JS wins the starting job, I think SW might consider a transfer, especially if he is on track to graduate after next year.

Edit: I just realized JS has three years of eligibility left. I thought he played JUCO, but he only attended a JUCO. I would love to get him on board, but with 3 years remaining if he comes it could negatively affect both Woody and our QB recruiting.

Edited by meh130

7 minutes ago, meh130 said:

Looking at TAMU's QB depth chart, compared to AU (especially if SW is healthy), AU for JS will be a tough sell. If SW's injuries prove career-ending, and JS comes to AU, I expect JF3 will transfer. If JS chooses TAMU and SW's career is over, I expect JF3 will stay, and likely be the starting QB (with Woody as the backup). If JS chooses TAMU and SW is healthy, JF3 might still transfer, then I expect it to be SW as the starter and Woody as the backup. If JS chooses AU and SW is healthy, JF3 will definitely transfer, and if JS wins the starting job, I think SW might consider a transfer, especially if he is on track to graduate after next year.

You left out about 300 other possible scenarios.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

This is disheartening to say the least. 

I for one don't think Mond and JS are even on the same page.  With JS we have competition against FBS competition.  For Mond,  he is on a STACKED high school team, and pretty much all the highlights I've seen are Bombs to wide open WRs,  and he has around a 50% completion % last I saw. Who knows if Mond will work out for the next coach at A&M,  but I thank Sumlin for never meeting JS. 

I certainly would.  I would absolutely love JS to come to AU, but I'd rather see someone that can actually develop a QB.  JS should of been making sure he would have a different OC rather than making sure Lashlee would be his... Thinking about that.... It almost makes me feel like strange things are a foot at the circle k. 

If JS signs with us,  there is nothing to worry about.  That will happen.  There is a HUGE difference between JS and JF3 would couldn't start over a QB that didn't get a single FBS offer. 

I usually agree wholeheartedly with you E,  but not on this one.  If it in fact did change to an Official,  it reduces the number of other schools who JS could visit officially. This is very much to our advantage if it did. 

Guys,  is it better I multiquote this many at once,  or should I do like e and post  new replies for each one? 

I like the multi-quote but to each his own. :)

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

UF is visiting Sunday. 

So a perfect SEC title game for us has Bama winning big (Auburn to Sugar Bowl) while UF's QB looks Heisman-like during their loss. Well okay perfect would be the field opening up and swallowing both teams & their trailer trash fans.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

SEC Country an hour ago reported Lowell Narcisse will visit Auburn this weekend with his mother.

Things will be changing daily for the next several weeks. Buckle up. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, aucanucktiger said:

SEC Country an hour ago reported Lowell Narcisse will visit Auburn this weekend with his mother.

Yup... we get them both... Narcisse gets more time to get to 100% and adapt to the college game after his second ACL tear while Stidham leads the team for 2 years, then Narcisse battles Gatewood for the starter position in 2019.

2 hours ago, meh130 said:

Edit: I just realized JS has three years of eligibility left. I thought he played JUCO, but he only attended a JUCO. I would love to get him on board, but with 3 years remaining if he comes it could negatively affect both Woody and our QB recruiting.

imagejpeg

Edited by PDub