***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

4 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

What the heck did I miss?  Is Stidham out?

TAMU has decided they want him or at least it is now public they are recruiting him and this is where he probaly wanted to be all along. We get one last shot with him on his official in a few weeks.

Knowing this staffs reputation when it comes to QB crutin I would bet we get neither.

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Knowing this staffs reputation when it comes to QB crutin I would bet we get neither.

sho nuff 

Would certainly be awesome for us. Though they could upgrade potentially with the money they have to sling around.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

So what does that mean with regards to Mond?

We stopped recruiting him around a month ago. Not sure we will try again if JS picks aTm.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

Been hearing its a must win for sumlin vs LSU. Does this come in to play for stidham?

Don't think so unless a new HC doesn't want the hottest free agent QB  on the market.

6 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

OK, so it's more about the school than the coaches or system.

I don't know. I know his girlfriend wants to go there and she carries real weight in his decision. Plus I could see JS as insurance for Sumlin to keep his job even with a loss to LSU.

The Aggie network is an unbelievable machine that is assured to their players during and after school. That is a big selling point.

• Like 2

So there's every possibility, barring an exceptional season from a very young QB,  that we're in exactly the same boat next year as this year (less a few really good d-linemen and o-linemen). Am I missing anything?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

So there's every possibility, barring an exceptional season from a very young QB,  that we're in exactly the same boat next year as this year (less a few really good d-linemen and o-linemen). Am I missing anything?

The whole offseason will have it's fair share of redundancy I'm afraid. Lot of similar questions will be tackled about the termination/tenures of our football coaches, stubborn coaching philosophies, and whether our personnel is being developed the way they should be. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

We stopped recruiting him around a month ago. Not sure we will try again if JS picks aTm.

But didn't A&M tell Mond they weren't going to recruit anyone else but him? Now it's public that JS might go there. Would he not feel lied to? Cause I would....

• Like 2

On 11/17/2016 at 6:57 PM, tinman said:

Not sure about the powers that be, but 8 & 4 ain't gonna cut it much longer.  ESPECIALLY losing to GA & UA EVERY year.  Gus will get cut some slack this year, but next year he MUST beat one of the two rivals.  If he doesn't, he's gone.  And I don't care of he's 10 & 2.

Plus if he lost those two games they would be at Auburn..................................

• Like 1

6 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

Could be even worst if certain things happen

10 hours ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

But didn't A&M tell Mond they weren't going to recruit anyone else but him? Now it's public that JS might go there. Would he not feel lied to? Cause I would....

Yep but people still think he sticks with aTm.

1 hour ago, fredst said:

Now I'm really depressed....

Me too...Apparently Auburn can't do this can't do that. But hey Woody is still here and that kid that looks like Cam will be coming along in 2018 I think...less experience but at least the QB cupboard ain't empty.

I would hope Pj Fleck. He seems to have IT. He has successfully built up a terrible program. He seems like a rock star from where I am sitting but he is clearly behind herman in the pecking order to get a major job. I would take him over any re tread who has a bigger name.