AU National Recruiting

TigerWar

I just wanted to keep the theme of the thread going.

We address the same type of similar stuff in the Department of Redundancy department.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just wanted to keep the theme of the thread going.

We address the same type of similar stuff in the Department of Redundancy department.

You're so lucky to have a good government job. Does it have a good retirement plan?

Here are 8 players who's on our roster who didn't come from the southeast.

Jordan Diemond, OL from Chicago

Daniel Carlson, PK from Colorado Springs

Alex Kozan, OL from Colorado

Shane Callhan, OL from Colorado

Elijah Daniel, DL from Indiana

Angelo Blackson, OL from Delawre

Khari Haring, S/LB from Oklahoma

Kris Frost, LB from North Carolina

Here are 6 players who's on our roster who didn't come from the southeast.

Jordan Diemond, OL from Chicago

Daniel Carlson, PK from Colorado Springs

Alex Kozan, OL from Colorado

Shane Callhan, OL from Colorado

Elijah Daniel, DL from Indiana

Angelo Blackson, OL from Delawre

Khari Haring, S/LB from Oklahoma

Kris Frost, LB from North Carolina

I would consider North Carolina the southeast

1. North Carolina in the Southeast and will be home to the SEC Network in 8 months. 2.Excluding kickers and Frost since NC is in the Southeast: Diamond, Elijah, and Kozan wee the only ones highly recruited.

1. North Carolina in the Southeast and will be home to the SEC Network in 8 months. 2.Excluding kickers and Frost since NC is in the Southeast: Diamond, Elijah, and Kozan wee the only ones highly recruited.

...and even if we counted all 8, that's still less than 1 in 10 scholarship players coming from outside of the immediate region.

Everybody in this thread seems to agree that most of our players should come from our region, but that it's fine to go further every now and then to get a Jordan Diamond, Alex Kozan or Elijah Daniel. Those numbers would seem to bear that out.

Keep doing you, Auburn recruiting.

Also think about a player like Christian Westerman who was a great pickup and a huge addition but then later was basically too homesick to stay at Auburn. (Among other factors)

I wonder if he is regretting leaving now?

Bet he is, along with some others (like a certain CB from Leeds). Think his last name is "Florence".

Also think about a player like Christian Westerman who was a great pickup and a huge addition but then later was basically too homesick to stay at Auburn. (Among other factors)

I wonder if he is regretting leaving now?

Bet he is, along with some others (like a certain CB from Leeds). Think his last name is "Florence".

Jonathan Rose was the CB from Leeds who transferred. Florence was from Opelika, if I remember correctly.

And they were not highly recruited by other major schools save for the ones I mentioned earlier.

It's not just "highly recruited" that matters in my mind..it's whether they can help the team and are interested in playing at AU. I trust the coaches to determine that there is a fit....and to do that, they have to make some contacts in other parts of the country. Based on his play this year, Kozan was well worth the air fares and effort to bring him to AU.. ...and his HS is a power in Colorado and I expect if we try, we can bring other kids from his school to AU also.

And have we forgotten CAP...HS in Pa and Juco in Calif.

Archived