did anyone see what saban said on game day?

aubiefifty

he made the comment he and tommy tuberville were friends. i have never heard that and frankly it shocked me. i thought saban disliked tommy because of his fear the fingers etc........

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he made the comment he and tommy tuberville were friends. i have never heard that and frankly it shocked me. i thought saban disliked tommy because of his fear the fingers etc........

Saban was more open and candid than I have ever seen him before. I was surprised when he said this about Tubs. He was also extremely complimentary of our team and was somewhat charismatic. I was totally confused and still wonder if it was impersonator. He was the total opposite of how he acts at his normal press conferences.

My take away was that even though he was unwilling to make a prediction on the SEC CS game he did say that if Auburn won, in his opinion, they should play in the BCS NC regardless of the outcome of the MSU vs OSU game. He gave Auburn a lot of credit for being a really good team.

He's going to Texas that's why remember the hug for McCarron vs LSU when the talk started. Now this he seems to have lost his edge makes me think he's off to Texas. Turned around the south's most pristegiest team now on to the most winning program to fix in Texas. Then he will retire after Texas in 7 or 8 years.

I've honestly thought people were crazy to talk about him leaving bama but he's seemed different this year, less into it. I don't think that he leaves bama but I'll say at this point I think it's much more likely that he is looking at retiring and making a move maybe to broadcasting than it is that he would go to texas.

He's going to Texas that's why remember the hug for McCarron vs LSU when the talk started. Now this he seems to have lost his edge makes me think he's off to Texas. Turned around the south's most pristegiest team now on to the most winning program to fix in Texas. Then he will retire after Texas in 7 or 8 years.

I know something is different. This is 180 degrees from how he normally has acted in the past. What it means, I don't know.

He must be on some type of medication.....he seemed personable and relaxed

Yeah, LSD is some more kinda medication for sure. :)

Saban was more open and candid than I have ever seen him before. I was surprised when he said this about Tubs. He was also extremely complimentary of our team and was somewhat charismatic. I was totally confused and still wonder if it was impersonator. He was the total opposite of how he acts at his normal press conferences.

Something's changed with him. I wonder if he's looking at retirement or was recently given some bad personal news.

Something's changed with him. I wonder if he's looking at retirement or was recently given some bad personal news.

I think little nick is moving on.

He must be on some type of medication.....he seemed personable and relaxed

Yeah, LSD is some more kinda medication for sure. :)/>

Ill take the -25 60s version personally... with this season it'd be more than a trip... and a trip to pasadena to boot!

Actually I didn't find it strange that he was talking Auburn up. In 2010 he was very positive in his comments about Auburn when they brought him in as an analyst for the Oregon game. At the end of the game he talked about how he knew we would find a way to score to win the game. Despite our feelings against the wee man he has at times been supportive (maybe not the right word) of Auburn. I think he respects our program.

"special kind" of pressure.................

Considering what I know about his behavior.....I doubt his sincerity on anything. He is an absolute jerk on and off the field. He must be on some medication for stress and anxiety because he is verbally abusive 98% of the time....to everyone.

I'm hoping he retires because he represents the worst side of college football and I'd love to see him totally out of it.

Considering what I know about his behavior.....I doubt his sincerity on anything.

I'm with you on that. The cynic in me was thinking he was stumping for a one loss Auburn over an undefeated Ohio State because he believed it wouldn't happen. Kinda' like what happened with other situations where we thought we had it and it only made it more painful to lose it (Calloway, Kuandjo, Yeldon, Foster, etc., etc., etc.). Have we forgotten what this guy IS?

Considering what I know about his behavior.....I doubt his sincerity on anything.

I'm with you on that. The cynic in me was thinking he was stumping for a one loss Auburn over an undefeated Ohio State because he believed it wouldn't happen. Kinda' like what happened with other situations where we thought we had it and it only made it more painful to lose it (Calloway, Kuandjo, Yeldon, Foster, etc., etc., etc.). Have we forgotten what this guy IS?

I haven't forgotten how he treated someone I'm close to, and how there were many ugly things going on. That's who the nickster really is. That's what bammer is. Sleazy.

Archived