SEC Championship - Auburn vs. Missouri - Game Thread

WarTiger

That was horrible. I've been saying that most of the year, but no one has ever agreed with me.

That's because you're an idiot.

exactly...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so everyone take a deep breath. With all the turnovers and penalties we are still winning. And we get the ball to start the half. I'm still liking our chances. We just need to capitalize on our opportunities.

I'm predicting 34 yards of rushing for Tre Mason in the second half... don't like it, but that's my prediction. The end of the half was a major momentum swing and I worry Gus panics and continues to pass the ball (which is what he does when he panics). He may not start the half passing, but I see Mizzou figuring out a way to stop Tre in the second half.

Yes,,,,I remember how he panicked against Bama last week.....guess we should look for the same thing again?

UGA game... second or third to last drive when it was sensed that UGA was coming back... pass-pass-pass (punt).... last drive... lots of passing (fortunately Louis came up big).

Alabama game... didn't we pass the ball a lot on the drive prior to the TD drive?

It proves that we gotta stick to the run game. Passing works when balanced. But opening up with the pass and continuing to do so has not worked for Auburn.

Just ignore him if you disagree. We still have the lead and get the ball back. Amazing considering the turnovers and break downs on defense.

Need to figure out a way to get more pressure on their QB. Our DB's can't stay with their WR's. We are going to have to win this game at the DL line of scrimmage.

As far as impressing we are underdogs and a win against an SEC east champ should be plenty enough to impress. I am not worried just wish he would have stayed in hurry up and scored last possession. However he is setting up something for later with that side arm screen. Not sure what but guess its a deep ball after a fake.

Mizzou is a dang good football team. They are 11-1 in the SEC. If you thought they were going to roll over and die, you are crazy. That means you don't think much of SEC football. This is going to be a fun and competitive second half.

We are ok. Up by a point & getting the football. Mizzou's defense is gassed, but so is our's. We have no answer to their large receivers. Ellis must adjust & I believe he will. They have no answer to our running game. We need to throw down field more as this is a weakness of Mizzou's defense. We must eliminate the turnovers. I truly believe we have a great 2nd half & bring the SEC Championship back to the Plains when all is said & done. WDE!

:wareagle:

Defense did better than I expected them to the first half. If we take care of the ball Missouri isn't in this game. Let's not forget they gave them 7 to start. I think we pull away in the second half.

We're up by 1 get the ball after the half and weve had multiple mental mistakes. ...unless something crazy happens we should pull away late

Auburn has GOT to sttop making big mastakes. MO hasn't made many. If we can stop screwing ourselves with turnovers and penalties then our guys should be able to put this team away.

A reminder. 7 of their points should have been overruled on review, and another 7 was the fumble return. Our d has given up too many big plays, but don't act like they're driving up and down the field on us.

We are going to go for 700 yards IMO if we stick to our gameplan and don't turn it over again.

From reading many of these posts, you would think we're losing!!!! WDE!!!!

Just the usual group of Saturday whiners...same people...so don't expect anything different from them.

A reminder. 7 of their points should have been overruled on review

I disagree with this logic... acts as if they never would've gotten the 6 on a later play in that drive... but at least you didn't say it should be 28-20 (which assumes they wouldn't score period).

It's all my fault...forget to put on the lucky shirt that won the Bama game....things will go better in the second half

You guys got this! Mizzou is lucky to be in the game. They have won the turnover battle and have been lucky with some calls and they still trail. No doubt in my mind that AU will be 2013 SEC Champions and should play in the title game because OSU sucks.

JUST RUN THE DAMN BALL!!!!

Archived