Tre Mason for Heisman!!

FootballFanatic

Man has rushed for 1317 yards on SEC defenses. Who was the last Running back to have those kind of stats. He is on track to have a 1600 yard year if things keep going the same and he wasn't the primary back for the first few games this year when he could have inflated his stats.

There's no doubt Tre has had a wonderful year but the reality is w/o NM it wouldn't matter. The key to Auburn's successes this year start at the QB position. I could be more easily persuaded to push for NM to win the Heisman. Auburn has other RBs and probably wouldn't have fallen off that much but w/o NM, there's no way Auburn is 11- 1...no freakin way!

If Willie Meggs charges Jameis Winston with rape this week, the Heisman's truly up in the air. And oh by the way, can you name FSU's backup QB?

Was coker or something like that before he got hurt. I remember he's from Alabama as well. Don't know the 3rd string guy

If Willie Meggs charges Jameis Winston with rape this week, the Heisman's truly up in the air. And oh by the way, can you name FSU's backup QB?

I don't see anything coming from that.

Was coker or something like that before he got hurt. I remember he's from Alabama as well. Don't know the 3rd string guy

The 3rd string guy is the back up their #2 guy was lost for the season a few weeks back... Heisman ballots are due back the 9th...

The 3rd string guy is the back up their #2 guy was lost for the season a few weeks back... Heisman ballots are due back the 9th...

Sean Maquire 6/3 215 from NJ, 3 stars

Has the Heisman come down to the best QB in college football, not the best player?

Shoot who knows...Mark Ingram was neither a QB nor the best RB when he won it. It does seem that the best player on the best team has the inside track..

I agree that Marshal was a huge part of the success of the season, but Masons numbers are by far the most Heisman worthy on the team. When you consider the fact that he has to contend with 3 others running the ball then it is even more amazing. Without Marshal we are not where we are but in this offense if tre was the only runner he would eclipse 2000 yards in the SEC. He should be invited to the Heisman celebration as the number 2 guy.

Has the Heisman come down to the best QB in college football, not the best player?

Shoot who knows...Mark Ingram was neither a QB nor the best RB when he won it. It does seem that the best player on the best team has the inside track..

yeah, but since him haven't only QB's got it? and before him there was that runningback from USC, but other players got the Heisman that weren't QB's?

I don't see anything coming from that.

Truth. Alabama doesn't need him out of the game anymore.

The REC will pay her to keep her mouth shut now!

I always thought the Heisman Trophy was awarded to most valuable player to his team, at least, I thought that was the spirit of the award. In that context, NM is a no-brainer. I agree wholeheartedly with Gus on this one. NM should be in the conversation as he was THE difference in winning and/or losing in at least 4 games...MSU, A&M, UGa, UA.

yeah, but since him haven't only QB's got it? and before him there was that runningback from USC, but other players got the Heisman that weren't QB's?

True but you could argue that Cam won the Heisman with his legs....but the QB gets the prettiest girls...and generally the Heisman too. Such is life.

I always thought the Heisman Trophy was awarded to most valuable player to his team, at least, I thought that was the spirit of the award. In that context, NM is a no-brainer. I agree wholeheartedly with Gus on this one. NM should be in the conversation as he was THE difference in winning and/or losing in at least 4 games...MSU, A&M, UGa, UA.

That's what I thought too. If that's how it used to be, that's not how it is now. :(

Actually this is what the Heisman Trust says about the criteria:

The Heisman Memorial Trophy annually recognizes the outstanding college football player whose performance best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity. Winners epitomize great ability combined with diligence, perseverance, and hard work.

Tre is AUsome, but let's be careful what we wish for.

I want him BACK for NEXT YEAR!!!

I could very easily see TRE and Nick Marshall both up for the award for next year.

Archived