2014 4* DL Davon Godchaux (LSU signee)

EagleDamnWar

Sorry guys the emoticons didn't show, he posted Feb 5 and the monkeys covering their eyes, ears, and mouth. Essentially like what his decision will be is a secret. Again, why is there a secret when you are already committed? If I was LSU, i'd be worried.

Actually, the first 2 are the same icon. The codes are the same too in your previous post.

He also has a picture of the Rose Bowl, with a comment indicating interest in playing there. Can't say I blame him. Being out there for the BCSCG, I was loving the weather in January compared to things back in Atlanta. The game was obviously chilly that night, but the weather at Newport and Huntington Beaches the next day was awesome.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope someone tells him you can't get good red beans & rice & cornbread in Los Angeles.

You can't in Auburn either FWIW.

Hope someone tells him you can't get good red beans & rice & cornbread in Los Angeles.

O yes you can! You just gotta know where to go ..

Creole and Seafood Shack in Auburn!

Creole and Seafood Shack in Auburn!

Ah. Never been there.

“@Sheadixon: Davon Godchaux (@godchaux) will sign on Wednesday at 10:30 a.m. from Plaquemine High. Says #LSU, #UCLA, #OleMiss, #Auburn in it. @247Sports”

Florida is out...

“@Sheadixon: Davon Godchaux (@godchaux) will sign on Wednesday at 10:30 a.m. from Plaquemine High. Says #LSU, #UCLA, #OleMiss, #Auburn in it. @247Sports”

Florida is out...

Wasn't it between us and Florida if it wasn't going to be LSU?

"@Sheadixon: Davon Godchaux (@godchaux) will sign on Wednesday at 10:30 a.m. from Plaquemine High. Says #LSU, #UCLA, #OleMiss, #Auburn in it. @247Sports"

Florida is out...

I think it was WDEWDE that said he heard it was a UF vs. Auburn battle because his parents wanted him out of Baton Rogue. Then another insider said his parents wanted him to stay in Baton Rouge...so I don't really know what the situation was, but most people on the Auburn side appear to be conceding LSU. Don't know why he eliminated UF.

"@Sheadixon: Davon Godchaux (@godchaux) will sign on Wednesday at 10:30 a.m. from Plaquemine High. Says #LSU, #UCLA, #OleMiss, #Auburn in it. @247Sports"

Florida is out...

UCLA replaced Florida.

well if it was auburn vs florida couple days ago....and florida is out......... auburn is either in the lead or god child needs to find himself

Godchaux acted on his OV like Arik Armstead. Willing to tell anyone what they wanted to hear and that he was going to come to Auburn. I am very skeptical of people who think we are legitimate contenders for his services. Not impossible but we definitely seem to be on the outside looking in

Godchaux acted on his OV like Arik Armstead. Willing to tell anyone what they wanted to hear and that he was going to come to Auburn. I am very skeptical of people who think we are legitimate contenders for his services. Not impossible but we definitely seem to be on the outside looking in

I saw Arik Armstead on his OV at 1716. Looked like he was just taking advantage of a free weekend to party at college. Can't really fault him on that though. No insiders still think we are legitimate contenders for Godchaux. Appears to be headed to Baton Rogue.

I saw Arik Armstead on his OV at 1716. Looked like he was just taking advantage of a free weekend to party at college. Can't really fault him on that though. No insiders still think we are legitimate contenders for Godchaux. Appears to be headed to Baton Rogue.

I did too. Him and Zeke Pike tried hitting on my GF. If his brother had a shot at AU, I could see it possibly working out with Arik but he was telling anyone and everyone he was coming to AU. Found that it made him look cool. Zeke Pike didn't help our recruiting case by introducing him as an OT damn moron. Everyone knew he wanted to play D

I haven't kept up with what other people have updated the past day or two. I just know from talking to a few guys today that Godchaux was never really realistic.

I did too. Him and Zeke Pike tried hitting on my GF. If his brother had a shot at AU, I could see it possibly working out with Arik but he was telling anyone and everyone he was coming to AU. Found that it made him look cool. Zeke Pike didn't help our recruiting case by introducing him as an OT damn moron. Everyone knew he wanted to play D

I haven't kept up with what other people have updated the past day or two. I just know from talking to a few guys today that Godchaux was never really realistic.

Well we all know Zeke Pike was a real winner....That's why recruiting is so unpredictable. A few days ago many of the insiders on here said the coaches felt good about Godchaux. To my knowledge, I don't believe Godchaux did anything wrong. Sometimes when kids take advantage of their OVs though, they want to please everyone and can end up leaving coaches with a false impression, even if they already know where they are committing. Not saying that's the case with Godchaux, but it's why recruiting in general can be so tough to predict.

My impression with Godchaux is that he wanted to look around just to see what else is out there and liked Auburn, but in the end the family wanted him to stay in Baton Rogue and that was probably going to be hard to overcome. Don't know what you heard...

well if it was auburn vs florida couple days ago....and florida is out......... auburn is either in the lead or god child needs to find himself

It was never Auburn vs Florida. LSU has always been there. Right now you could say its LSU vs Auburn with the others far behind.

It was never Auburn vs Florida. LSU has always been there. Right now you could say its LSU vs Auburn with the others far behind.

WDEWDE said last week that his parents wanted him out of the Baton Rogue area and UF and Auburn were the two most likely. I realize that he's a good source, but it appears that was not the case, unless he just knows something everyone else doesn't.

WDEWDE said last week that his parents wanted him out of the Baton Rogue area and UF and Auburn were the two most likely. I realize that he's a good source, but it appears that was not the case, unless he just knows something everyone else doesn't.

Yeah I know what he said. My guess is that his source was wrong.

Yeah I know what he said. My guess is that his source was wrong.

Or things have changed in the last week or so.

Archived