2014 4* DL Davon Godchaux (LSU signee)

EagleDamnWar

Georgia had the distinction of having three of it's prime recruits as starting QBs in the SEC....and were among the three best QBs in the SEC...and all were either 4* and 5* when recruited to the Dawgs.

Richt has spun off more players from UGa than NS over the past half dozen years...most of whom were among their top rated signees. Does no good to sign 'em unless you can keep them around to play for the team.

Yep, ask Tony Barbee how he feels about attrition and it's consequences. Signing Day is for show, the rubber meets the road later on.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to an SI (i think it was SI) analysis last year, UGA had the #1 recruiting group in the nation over the last ten years. Recruiting hasn't been the problem with the DullDawgs, it's what happens after players get there that has held them back. Until they identify and fix that problem it won't matter who they recruit or where they come from.

Would agree, but they have fixed the issue on the D line with Tracy Rocker as coach

Not sure if this what Mikey is referring to but their problems go deeper than coaching em up. They have had some character issues to deal with.

Exactly. No SEC school has done less with more talent than UGA and a LOT of the problem is mishandling of character issues and what AU64 mentions above.

Rodney Garner still knows a lot high school coaches and players in Georgia. Garner vs. Rocker. Who comes out on top.

Both are great DL coaches but if memory serves Rocker wasn't a big recruiter when he was at AU.

Rodney Garner still knows a lot high school coaches and players in Georgia. Garner vs. Rocker. Who comes out on top.

They don't call Garner "The Closer" for nothin!

Coincidentally, LSU OC Cam Cameron is on same flight to Cali as Davon Godchaux. Cameron is going to see Adoree Jackson and Godchaux is going to see UCLA.

According to someone on TOS, there were 3 players on the plane. And Cameron got a seat on the plane next to them, and ended up staying at the same hotel (W in Beverly Hills is where recruits usually stay).

And supposedly stuff is leaking out that they felt like they were being stalked and weren't too happy about it (i.e. did more harm than good for LSU).

Is this true? Anyone heard the same? (apparently it's from a UCLA fan, so take it with a grain of salt)

They were in the top 10 for a while last year, have been rapidly improving under Mora, seem to be recruiting very well, and have a fairly easy schedule being in the pac 10. I wouldn't call that delusional, just reasonably hopeful.

Did anyone see where the writer wrote that UCLA is in the national championship picture? Wow,that's delusional!

Not at all. They will have the #1 QB in the nation as well as 18 returning starters. They should be in the top 5 pre-season rankings.

Everyone's a contender coming into week 1,

That being said UCLA will not play for the national championship next year. I would bet on it

That point aside it's amazing what one fan can do to recruits opinions about a school. Remember guys you're better off just leavin it at "War Eagle I hope you come to auburn" and move on

This tweet seems odd if he plans to stay committed to his current team...

@godchaux: Feb 5🙊🙊🙈

It may just be my phone, but that tweet seems strange anyway you look at it...unless he's a wind talker or something...

It may just be my phone, but that tweet seems strange anyway you look at it...unless he's a wind talker or something...

There is a clue in there. We just need to figure it out. amp=omaha. I figured that part out.

There is a clue in there. We just need to figure it out. amp=omaha. I figured that part out.

Maybe 128584 is the number of national championships he expects his future neighbor to claim soon?

i saw cam Cameron was on the flight. I would be pissed if it were me and ucla should be pissed to. that just doesn't seem like they should allow that

UCLA can't dictate to Cameron what airplane he can fly on. How would they possibly disallow that?

i saw cam Cameron was on the flight. I would be pissed if it were me and ucla should be pissed to. that just doesn't seem like they should allow that

UCLA can't dictate to Cameron what airplane he can fly on. How would they possibly disallow that?

When it comes to recruiting....decorum, good manners, class , dignity, good taste and probably common sense seem to go out the window.....thus guys like Cameron shadow some LSU prospects on a plane flight to California...and a bammer coach reportedly invites himself to a family event in Auburn tonight.

I want our guys to be aggressive...but I hope they are respectful in the process.

Sorry guys the emoticons didn't show, he posted Feb 5 and the monkeys covering their eyes, ears, and mouth. Essentially like what his decision will be is a secret. Again, why is there a secret when you are already committed? If I was LSU, i'd be worried.

Everyone's a contender coming into week 1,

That being said UCLA will not play for the national championship next year. I would bet on it

That point aside it's amazing what one fan can do to recruits opinions about a school. Remember guys you're better off just leavin it at "War Eagle I hope you come to auburn" and move on

I'm missing your point. Does it bother you that some AU fans have acknowledged that UCLA has positives going into next year?

I am just saying a coach flying with the player and staying at same hotel.while on a ov just could interfere with the mood of the recruit while he is their. especially when its a coach to a school he is committed to.

Not to mention that Cam is on the flight home. I could understand and forgive 1 maybe 2 as a coincidence but not all 3. Cam and Miles have no room to complain about anything anymore. This is way over the top and desperate. Mora has every right to be totally pissed.

Archived