2014 4* DL Davon Godchaux (LSU signee)

EagleDamnWar

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any news on this front?

AU is in good shape.

WDE - do we take both Godchaux & Williams if they want to commit?

Some sources say yes. Some say probably not. Be curious to see what WDEWDE has.

I think AU would take both.

Any news on this front?

AU is in good shape.

We would definitely take both!!

Any news on this front?

AU is in good shape.

Well that is settled!

Any news on this front?

AU is in good shape.

There you have it. :-)

I think they both could be considered that DT guy now, with both transitioning down to DT in certain situations. They will have the weight after some time on the plains.

To think though, both of these guys.

Evans, B.Smith.

That would be 4 more and a WR want/need. So 5 more added potentially.

That is 25 or 26 if you factor in D. Lawrence.

Looking like it's all shaping up. I'm starting to wonder if one more is there with Parker/Bonney/Simmons. The scenario could be Lawrence has issues so we take Godchaux and Williams, Evans and Smith are likely in, 1 of the 3 safeties, as well as an versatile ATH that could play WR/QB/DB (Harris or the SC WR commit).

Here's the quote on his current status:

@DerekTysonESPN: Text from Davon Godchaux: "I will decide my finial choice on national signing day. I'm still commit to the tigers tho." #LSU

Guest jojo1515

@DerekTysonESPN: Text from Davon Godchaux: "I will decide my finial choice on national signing day. I'm still commit to the tigers tho." 9

A possible way to look at this is that he doesn't want to be pressured by LSU fans, and therefore says he is still committed to them, but by saying he will decide on NSD, he is considering announcing for AU and immediately sending his LOI therefore dodging all possible pressure as his LOI will be in and it will be final...

@DerekTysonESPN: Text from Davon Godchaux: "I will decide my finial choice on national signing day. I'm still commit to the tigers tho." 9

A possible way to look at this is that he doesn't want to be pressured by LSU fans, and therefore says he is still committed to them, but by saying he will decide on NSD, he is considering announcing for AU and immediately sending his LOI therefore dodging all possible pressure as his LOI will be in and it will be final...

Things are looking up!

I read an article where Auburn has 67 football players on scholarship. WE have 16 verbally committed, so we should only be able to sign two more right?

I read an article where Auburn has 67 football players on scholarship. WE have 16 verbally committed, so we should only be able to sign two more right?

I haven't updated this thread. Wait until NSD. It's 21 right now. Apparently, this article is outdated.

According to my math, we are at 82 scholarship players which includes our current players plus our commits. This number takes into account Delaine and Fariyke leaving the team. This leaves us with 3 more to sign. But if history is any indicator, we'll still lose another 1-3 players before the start of the season due to attrition. So I think we add at least 5 more if we get the guys that we want.

I haven't updated this thread. Wait until NSD. It's 21 right now. Apparently, this article is outdated.

Also everyone who signs will not qualify. From what I hear there are two that still have work to do to be eligible and there is a legitimate concern that they will not qualify.

There is also a natural attrition that will happen between now and the beginning of summer classes. It is normal and expected to lose some guys after spring.

Also everyone who signs will not qualify. From what I hear there are two that still have work to do to be eligible and there is a legitimate concern that they will not qualify.

There is also a natural attrition that will happen between now and the beginning of summer classes. It is normal and expected to lose some guys after spring.

what two recruits may have trouble qualifying? why does Gus even waste his time with those recruits

what two recruits may have trouble qualifying? why does Gus even waste his time with those recruits

Stuckey and Pettway. Thornton still needs a higher ACT also.

He deleted all of the pics on Instagram of him in AU clothes.

Not good.

But may not be bad either. He may just not want to catch flack from LSU people.

He deleted all of the pics on Instagram of him in AU clothes.

Not good.

But may not be bad either. He may just not want to catch flack from LSU people.

Wait a minute!! Wasn't it last weekend that because Rashaan wore gumpwear, he was a lock for them? That means this kid is a lock for AU!! :bananadance: :hellyeah:

Just a couple of days ago I thought that the chances were 20% that we get this kid. What has changed to make us think we have chance now? Many recruits visit and do not come to AU. Anything more than a visit that has us thinking we may land him?

Archived