since its kind of a dead week whats everyones gameday

aubiefifty

On Fridays; as soon as I get home and change out of my military monkey suite, I put on my very old orange Auburn tee shirt, that has Auburn wrote across the chest in block letters, poor shirt is from 2001 and has brought me very good fortune since I started wearing it on Fridays. It really needs to be retired, has some holes, the neck is frayed, the material is very thin now, and my wife really hates it when I wear it. She has threatened to burn it/throw it out on many ocasions.

On Saturdays; I had to retire my Home Jersey after last year, and have yet to buy another one. So now I wear my new blue shirt that has DOMINATE wrote across it with the AU interlocking symbol under it. I know it's a Walmart tee, but my dad, who is a bammer, gave it to me. For him to be willing to buy me Auburn gear I will gladly wear it regardless of where it comes from. Especially since I don't get close to bama very much and the only way I get new gear is by ordering it. The one day I didn't wear the shirt was the LSU game. After the first quarter I went and dug it out of the dirty laundry and put it on. that will teach me to wear it during the week and not wash it for Saturday! We didn't win, but all of a sudden we started fighting for it. I haven't missed a game wearing it since and now look at us 10-1! I also have a pair of Auburn basketball shorts that I wear every game day regardless of the weather along with my under armor jell flippers. It makes for some cold ass winter game days but IDK We are dominating the SEC one team at a time. I wear my Navy AU hat only when I'm not at home. in the House it has it's own place of Honor with the rest of my AU hats. the Hats do not seem to make any difference for me.

Like a few others I do not drink out of any of my Auburn mugs, glasses, pints, or steins. I do not wear my 2010 NC Hat.

Orange placemats with blue napkins on the dining room table during the season

No flag outside

Templeton Rye (this season)

AU alumni shirt

AU lamps turned on

Smoke a cigar while pacing the deck

My new son was born on the day of the western Carolina game. The record was set that day for most total offense in any AU game. Auburn has not lost since.

Here's hoping for a big family....

Thank you old feller

I always wear the same thing. Athletic shoes, the same pair of jeans, and my under armour polo. If it's an away game I wear one orange t-shirt underneath and if it's a home game I wear another. I always sit in the same place.

im not superstitious. but off topic did anyone else think they might be having serious cardiac arrest in the stadium Saturday night? I seriously thought it was the big one. im 40 in ok shape but there were two older gentlemen near me who also said they might need medical attention too one wife was really concerned. from the murray (nonTD) , the review, and on till Dee planted murray in the grass my chest was all over the place. I finally calmed down but it was a little scary. never had that happen over a game before. I was really worried about the older guys after I left. don't know if they were still there of left before me.

I have all kinds of crazy football superstitions. At the start of this year I canned last season's car flags, too much bad mojo! My son, who is almost 9, said the other day when he got in the car and saw the new flags, "I guess you won't get rid of these flags at the end of the season, they've got too many wins on them." Smart boy.

I usually wear one of my jerseys (home or away appropriate) every game. This season the only Saturday I didn't wear a jersey, and had taken my car flags off for a road trip, was the LSU game. The flags and the jersey will most definitely be there come the 30th.

That's funny. I had a car flag that had one too many road losses on it and I stopped on the way home from a game in Knoxville and actually burned it on the side of the road.

I purposely rolled my rear windows down on my way home from the 2012 uga game. They needed to be set free!!!

I try to stay in the "lucky" chair. But if Auburn is doing bad, I go to my bedroom and watch. The first Auburn-South Carolina game in 2010 and after Bama got up 24-0 in 2010, I was in the bedroom watching. Good things happened so I stayed in there.

I try to stay in the "lucky" chair. But if Auburn is doing bad, I go to my bedroom and watch. The first Auburn-South Carolina game in 2010 and after Bama got up 24-0 in 2010, I was in the bedroom watching. Good things happened so I stayed in there.

That's a long time to stay in your bedroom

One of my idiot turd friends text me in the 4th of the UGA game to congratulate Auburn on the win. Next possession we decided to call some odd plays, went 3 and out and shanked a punt. Needless to say I learned that lesson and the phone will be turned off on future games.

I almost had to eat my words. I was there with some UGA friends. Via group text I asked if they were still in the stadium. They left near the end of the 3rd Quarter. Needless to say they were ready to re-enter the stadium towards the end of the 4th Quarter. Thank God for miracles! Wow! Never will I ever do that again.

War DogGone Eagle!

I always wear an Auburn shirt to work on Friday. I usually wear some random AU shirt on Saturdays. However, I am wearing the same t-shirt for the Iron Bowl that I wore last weekend during the "miracle in Jordan-Hare." If we win the IB, it will be the new lucky shirt.

I sneak into the Waffle House in Auburn late Sat nights and soak CGM's hash browns in Cholula without him knowing. It helps him flip the switch for the next game.

Don't think Gus needs any help flipping the switch. He has been playing "lights out" much of his coaching career!

Yeah, it was a joke. I don't really do that.

Don't think anyone took you seriously.. Just joshing back at ya!

:hellyeah:

That's a long time to stay in your bedroom

It's only crazy if it doesn't work. ;D

I drink the same drink during a streak. During 2010 I had to drink Coors Light pints, one per quarter, one a half, no more, no less. If I found myself falling behind or getting ahead, I had to change my pace in order to prevent bad things from happening. The sacrifices I make for this football team.

Fortunately this year has been margaritas.

I never drink from an Auburn mug on gameday. I have a ton of AU shirts in my closet that have only been worn once. Bad luck to get rid of an unlucky shirt I gues.

I also never record the games going back to 1987. I've got a really poor record on games being recorded. I won't even pause or rewind a live game now. My dad asked me to recently and I had to explain to him that if I rewound or paused it would be the same as recording it to the football gods and I just can't take that chance.

As for this weekend, I'm going to find an oyster roast, listen to some live music, and take a mini football vacation.

My new son was born on the day of the western Carolina game. The record was set that day for most total offense in any AU game. Auburn has not lost since.

Quick! You need to have another baby on Nov. 30!

Archived