since its kind of a dead week whats everyones gameday

aubiefifty

superstitions? i have been using the same coffee cup since the a and m game. also i do not care if we are up by a hundred points do not call me to congratulate a win before the game is over.

One of my idiot turd friends text me in the 4th of the UGA game to congratulate Auburn on the win. Next possession we decided to call some odd plays, went 3 and out and shanked a punt. Needless to say I learned that lesson and the phone will be turned off on future games.

I go stand places. There are lucky feng shui spots in my houses, I guess.

If things get tense, I go stand up on the left side of the living room up near the TV. I did it when we had the game winning drive vs Miss St and aTm. This past weekend, I paced a lot, and we were doing well while I was in the kitchen watching. I moved back to the living room, and Ricardo Louis roadgraded Tre Mason. I watched the first play of our last drive from the kitchen (good gain), moved back to the living room, 3 terrible plays, moved back to the kitchen and BAM miracle on the Plains.

I also do not drink out of my Auburn mug on game days. I did that in 2009, and every time I did we lost. Didn't do it at all in 2010. However, in 2010, my cousin had 2 cups of coffee every morning from our departed grandfathers AU coffee mug, no matter if she was home or away on business. This mug is special, my granddad drank out of it every day. The thing has to be 50 years old at this point. Anyway, the day of the Iron Bowl that year, she left on a business trip and FORGOT TO BRING THE MUG with her.

She called my mother in a panic, then called her condo's security staff to pull the extra key for her unit. We drove 45 minutes, let ourselves into her condo, went to the QuikTrip and filled it up.

I'm not saying we won because of our heroics, but I'm just sayin. :hellyeah::cool:

I also no longer participate in the Look-Alike or Predict the Score threads here. I try not to click on them. I accidentally perused them last week, and we see what almost happened.

I also no longer participate in the Look-Alike or Predict the Score threads here. I try not to click on them. I accidentally perused them last week, and we see what almost happened.

last week was the first game I did a score prediction and see what happened....it won't happen again

I have all kinds of crazy football superstitions. At the start of this year I canned last season's car flags, too much bad mojo! My son, who is almost 9, said the other day when he got in the car and saw the new flags, "I guess you won't get rid of these flags at the end of the season, they've got too many wins on them." Smart boy.

I usually wear one of my jerseys (home or away appropriate) every game. This season the only Saturday I didn't wear a jersey, and had taken my car flags off for a road trip, was the LSU game. The flags and the jersey will most definitely be there come the 30th.

Absolutely anything I was doing when we were playing good. If I moved a different way or turned my hat or walked to a certain spot or whatever. If we start playing bad I change something until we start playing good again... If I finish a beer and open a new one and we start playing bad.... I chug it so I cant get a new bottle of karma. I'm OCD superstitious but what can I say I was a baseball player all my life. And anyone knows baseball knows is probably the most superstitious sport there is. I guess I let it carry over.

The bud light commercial always makes me feel better about though. "It's only crazy if it doesn't work"

I go stand places. There are lucky feng shui spots in my houses, I guess.

If things get tense, I go stand up on the left side of the living room up near the TV. I did it when we had the game winning drive vs Miss St and aTm. This past weekend, I paced a lot, and we were doing well while I was in the kitchen watching. I moved back to the living room, and Ricardo Louis roadgraded Tre Mason. I watched the first play of our last drive from the kitchen (good gain), moved back to the living room, 3 terrible plays, moved back to the kitchen and BAM miracle on the Plains.

I also do not drink out of my Auburn mug on game days. I did that in 2009, and every time I did we lost. Didn't do it at all in 2010. However, in 2010, my cousin had 2 cups of coffee every morning from our departed grandfathers AU coffee mug, no matter if she was home or away on business. This mug is special, my granddad drank out of it every day. The thing has to be 50 years old at this point. Anyway, the day of the Iron Bowl that year, she left on a business trip and FORGOT TO BRING THE MUG with her.

She called my mother in a panic, then called her condo's security staff to pull the extra key for her unit. We drove 45 minutes, let ourselves into her condo, went to the QuikTrip and filled it up.

I'm not saying we won because of our heroics, but I'm just sayin. :hellyeah::cool:

This one wins

I will cook a big spread on the off week and actually be able to enjoy eating. These high pressure games have prevented me from eating until after the game. Going to fire up the BGE and cold smoke some cheese, then some ribs and some kind of roasted veggies.

I pace the floor the entire second half of any game. If I sit, we always seem to start messing up up for a few. I pretty much paced the entire game on Saturday, but sat down late third to mid 4th to eat......then started pacing with plate and beer in hand....

:wareagle:

I don't believe in superstition. Although in 2004 we were losing to Ole Miss. I was watching at the Wesley Foundation. I ran back to my dorm room to get my #2 jersey. I wore it and we won. We went 13-0 that year. If I remember the year I did that right. That being said I don't believe in superstitions. What's going to happen will happen, and there is nothing we can do to change that? Only God knows the outcome.

I wear my 2010 National Championship polo shirt to work every Friday before a game. The one time I didn't do this was because I was on my way to Hawaii for my 10th wedding anniversary, and this was the Friday before the LSU game.

I also wear the same shirt/hat on gameday. I tried wearing my brand new Under Armour sideline polo on gameday for the UTk game, and we started off that game very crappy. I changed into my normal shirt/hat (Under Armour with the new AU/Eagle logo on both), and we railed off some TD's.

I will be observing both of these superstitions this weekend (even though we are on a bye week) and on November 30th. Can't be too cautious for a game this big!!!

War Eagle!!!!

I sneak into the Waffle House in Auburn late Sat nights and soak CGM's hash browns in Cholula without him knowing. It helps him flip the switch for the next game.

Don't think Gus needs any help flipping the switch. He has been playing "lights out" much of his coaching career!

I sneak into the Waffle House in Auburn late Sat nights and soak CGM's hash browns in Cholula without him knowing. It helps him flip the switch for the next game.

Don't think Gus needs any help flipping the switch. He has been playing "lights out" much of his coaching career!

Yeah, it was a joke. I don't really do that.

We are 10-1 when I predict a score for 2013....I'll keep doing it. ;)

I have all kinds of crazy football superstitions. At the start of this year I canned last season's car flags, too much bad mojo! My son, who is almost 9, said the other day when he got in the car and saw the new flags, "I guess you won't get rid of these flags at the end of the season, they've got too many wins on them." Smart boy.

I usually wear one of my jerseys (home or away appropriate) every game. This season the only Saturday I didn't wear a jersey, and had taken my car flags off for a road trip, was the LSU game. The flags and the jersey will most definitely be there come the 30th.

That's funny. I had a car flag that had one too many road losses on it and I stopped on the way home from a game in Knoxville and actually burned it on the side of the road.

I am with you, I haven't clicked on a look alike thread in 3 years because of this.

My new son was born on the day of the western Carolina game. The record was set that day for most total offense in any AU game. Auburn has not lost since.

My friend JayDubb and I NEVER talk on the phone to each other during games. Been this way for over ten years. We call and talk as soon as the clock hits 0:00. Texting is allowed. Also, I have a pair of "lucky" sweat bands I wear during every game. (At home or at JHS). When uga scored their last TD this past Saturday, I took them off. I told my wife I believe in God, not luck.....We Won....sooooo...........

Since '93 radio only season I have been superstitious about the radio. 2010 Clemson I went outside at my buddy's house and listened to the missed FG on the radio, listened to the last minute of the 2010 Iron Bowl on my stereo on the back porch, and I could go on and on but Saturday I actually watched the Miracle Catch but had to listen to Rod call the last gasp by UGA, couldn't bear to watch it. So, no matter where I watch the game I have to have a radio nearby for "special" situations. Don't have tix but considering heading up to Auburn for the IB if they put it on in the Arena again like UGA.

Archived