Week 12 polls

Wareagletd

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are 10-1 in the SEC, who has seven ranked teams. A win over a top 10 team on the road, and yet the coaches feel Oregon and Clemson are better? Oregon lost late in the season to a team that just lost to a USC team with an Interim coach. Clemson beat GA by 3, we beat em by 6 and they have a 37 point loss....THIRTY SEVEN!!! AU has 1 loss in a close game to a ranked team, on the road in a monsoon early in the season. BCS should be forced to drop the coaches poll forever.

And so it shall be done (next year)

Guest jojo1515

One note of interest..

We are the only 1 loss team with a win over a top 10 (aTm is #10 in coaches) and 2 wins over top 30 ( Ole Miss is #26)

Also, our 1 loss was to a top 20 team

Clemson does not have a win over a top 30 team and has a 37 point loss

Oregon has 1 win over top 15 UCLA and no other top 30 wins

Computers just may have us #5...Lets hope the Harris poll has us atleast #6 and we MIGHT MAYBE POSSIBLY be #5 overall as Oregons loss is no longer against a top 10 team. We can hope right?

Just for perspective, both polls had us #9 last week, computers had us #7, we landed overall at 7.

Yep. Nice post, JoJo.

So I did some quick math because the Harris and Coaches polls are out. Things you need to remember it isn't just about jumping positions it is about points and for some reason Oregon made a huge jump in points but not a big jump in standings. Last week Oregon had a BCS average of .7665 this week my target for them with 2/3 of the polls in is .8050. Auburn didn't get a big boost in points but did jump 2 positions in rankings and my projection for them is .7627. For sh**s and grins Baylor is .8856. OSU barely moved in the human polls but might get a good jump in the computers .9069, FSU not much of a move up .9627 but that is expected the numbers are tight at the top, Bama actually dropped to .9947 thanks to the human polls but if they get a bump on computer that may keep them steady

Question.....we have ten wins, the other 1 loss teams have 9, does that give us more advantage in the computers?

New AP Top 25-SEC Teams

1. Alabama

6. Auburn

8. Mizzou

9 Texas A&M

12. South Carolina

18. LSU

24. Ole Miss

Well, it appears Auburn has played three of the current top 25 with two more coming on the menu if they simply win. With Georgia having been ranked when they played, that will be quite a schedule for any team.

One note of interest..

We are the only 1 loss team with a win over a top 10 (aTm is #10 in coaches) and 2 wins over top 30 ( Ole Miss is #26)

Computers just may have us #5...Lets hope the Harris poll has us atleast #6 and we MIGHT MAYBE POSSIBLY be #5 overall as Oregons loss is no longer against a top 10 team. We can hope right?

Just for perspective, both polls had us #9 last week, computers had us #7, we landed overall at 7.

Yep. Nice post, JoJo.

So I did some quick math because the Harris and Coaches polls are out. Things you need to remember it isn't just about jumping positions it is about points and for some reason Oregon made a huge jump in points but not a big jump in standings. Last week Oregon had a BCS average of .7665 this week my target for them with 2/3 of the polls in is .8050. Auburn didn't get a big boost in points but did jump 2 positions in rankings and my projection for them is .7627. For sh**s and grins Baylor is .8856. OSU barely moved in the human polls but might get a good jump in the computers .9069, FSU not much of a move up .9627 but that is expected the numbers are tight at the top, Bama actually dropped to .9947 thanks to the human polls but if they get a bump on computer that may keep them steady

Do you know why Oregon made a huge jump in points? Why wouldn't Stanford losing hurt Oregon?

One note of interest..

Yep. Nice post, JoJo.

Do you know why Oregon made a huge jump in points? Why wouldn't Stanford losing hurt Oregon?

Because humans don't have a clue and don't give a rat's ass that Stanford lost in fact I think they gave Oregon some of those points.

To be honest I think Oregon is still ahead of us because the Stanford final was only a 5 point loss. I doubt many voters on the East Coast watched the actual butt whoopin Stanford put on the Ducks.

What does ESPN gain from doing their own Power rankings?

Nothing but every major media outlet has one and no point in theirs either.

We will end up moving up one spot to 6.

Based on a spreadsheet I made, I predict that we will get a large boost in the computer ranking like around 0.850. Just slightly behind Oregon's new average.

The human polls are just going to drag us down too much to crack the top 5.

BCS Projections

1. Alabama

2. FSU

3. Ohio State

4. Baylor

5. Oregon

Just saw this flash on the bottom line

If you notice those 5 teams are each representative of one of the BCS conferences. This is the problem with the BCS they use folks that have a money intrest in keeping them in the BCS discussion. It is political. That said that is my biggest worry. Once we beat uat we will replace them as the SEC's choice, but do to the SEChaving the last 7 winners there is a serious movement by the other conferences to get a final without an SEC team. They know next year with playoffs it will be impossible not to have a SEC team in the playoff, so this will probably be their last chance to win a championship. If that holds then AU may not make it to the BCSCG, but I will still be proud of them. With Gus at the helm, I am sure that there will be many other chances to come. WDE

Guest jojo1515

One note of interest..

Yep. Nice post, JoJo.

We came in just 0.006 points behind Oregon. Had we gotten to #6 in the Harris poll instead of #7, we would have been #5 in the BCS.

One note of interest..

Yep. Nice post, JoJo.

We came in just 0.006 points behind Oregon. Had we gotten to #6 in the Harris poll instead of #7, we would have been #5 in the BCS.

Bama dropped a significant amount, who would have thought the computer averages would have two ties at 1 and 3! Baylor closing on OSU fast as well and if they win next week that should be an easy jump for them.

BTW the AP poll has been spot on all year you can almost use it as a prediction for the BCS.

Archived