Week 12 polls

Wareagletd

No one will remember where we were ranked after week 12 in 2013. The game winning finish last night will always be part of SEC lore. Beating Bama will take care of UO. Lets give CGM and the team props for where they stand this late in the season. Enjoy that and focus on the next challenge.

We need to care about Auburn, what we do, not how we are rated. The coaches and team have done this, it is amazing, they are rated higher every week. One year the breaks and the injuries will go against us. But if we compete as well as UGA did last night I will be just as proud to be an Auburn Tiger as I am today.

Little doc

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jojo1515

In all fairness to the coaches poll....as much as I want it gone....we were 9th last week. Moved up 2 spots...still not high enough though. Lose in 2 weeks and none of it matters. Win and it will take care of itself

Most coaches saw only the fluke play that won us the game yesterday. Had we won by 20, would if not for the soft defense CEJ called and the combo of too much passing and Marshall's inaccuracy, we'd be #5.

Why is Ducks still above us

After we beat a Top 25 team!?

Don't fret. We are only 5 points behind UO in the AP Poll. We gained ground on them in the Coaches Poll, and likely will in the Harris Poll. That will help us in the BSC formula, as will Stanford's loss (which hurts their sos). If we beat Bama, we will jump them for sure. If we don't, then all this worry is meaningless.

why do we as college football fans allow the coaches to still have a poll? They are an absolute freaking joke! they don't watch any games but the one they're playing, and we're supposed to believe they know what's happening in the college football world? they don't even care

The prob with the coaches poll is that they can vote any way they want. don't say it doesn't happen. Urban Meyer voted tOSU at number 2 this year saying that he felt they were no better than that. Admirable. A couple of years ago, the mighty saban voted Ok St at number 5 or 6 when they were ranked #2. If I'm not mistaken and my info is strictly from a flaky memory but this is how uat backed in to the BCNCG. Don't Coaches poll make up for 1/3 of BCS? If this is true, and I remember correctly, the difference was like .0001 and uat took the lead at number 2 ahead of Ok St.

If I am wrong, I apologize, but again, my memory is not what it used to be.

Most coaches saw only the fluke play that won us the game yesterday. Had we won by 20, would if not for the soft defense CEJ called and the combo of too much passing and Marshall's inaccuracy, we'd be #5.

Correct!! We had the chance to break the top five, but 4th quarter play killed that chance and almost lost us the game.

Guest jojo1515

So what's up with the Harris poll? Its after 3 and still hasn't been released...is this normal? Thought I remembered seeing it around 1 o'clock last week...

I'm not so sure "just keep winning" is good enough this year. As of right now we are behind 4 undefeated teams and a one loss team. Right behind us is a 1 loss team that should not be in the top 10. I'm sad to say that it wouldn't surprise me if we beat Alabama and they stayed ranked ahead of us. That's the way the polls have been approached this year. It has been a "our preseason opinion can't be wrong so lets stick to it even when it falls apart on the field." That's why Stanford is still being voted in the top ten. That's why Oregon, who has proved time after time they can't beat a big fast defense, is still top five. And that's why no matter what we do on the field, it might not be enough to get the recognition we deserve. It's not a plot against Auburn individually. It's a voting system that goes completely against on field results and is effected by human bias.

Guest jojo1515

One note of interest..

We are the only 1 loss team with a win over a top 10 (aTm is #10 in coaches) and 2 wins over top 30 ( Ole Miss is #26)

Also, our 1 loss was to a top 20 team

Clemson does not have a win over a top 30 team and has a 37 point loss

Oregon has 1 win over top 15 UCLA and no other top 30 wins

Computers just may have us #5...Lets hope the Harris poll has us atleast #6 and we MIGHT MAYBE POSSIBLY be #5 overall as Oregons loss is no longer against a top 10 team. We can hope right?

Just for perspective, both polls had us #9 last week, computers had us #7, we landed overall at 7.

I'm not so sure "just keep winning" is good enough this year. As of right now we are behind 4 undefeated teams and a one loss team. Right behind us is a 1 loss team that should not be in the top 10. I'm sad to say that it wouldn't surprise me if we beat Alabama and they stayed ranked ahead of us. That's the way the polls have been approached this year. It has been a "our preseason opinion can't be wrong so lets stick to it even when it falls apart on the field." That's why Stanford is still being voted in the top ten. That's why Oregon, who has proved time after time they can't beat a big fast defense, is still top five. And that's why no matter what we do on the field, it might not be enough to get the recognition we deserve. It's not a plot against Auburn individually. It's a voting system that goes completely against on field results and is effected by human bias.

Agreed.

One note of interest..

We are the only 1 loss team with a win over a top 10 (aTm is #10 in coaches) and 2 wins over top 30 ( Ole Miss is #26)

Computers just may have us #5...Lets hope the Harris poll has us atleast #6 and we MIGHT MAYBE POSSIBLY be #5 overall as Oregons loss is no longer against a top 10 team. We can hope right?

Just for perspective, both polls had us #9 last week, computers had us #7, we landed overall at 7.

Yep. Nice post, JoJo.

The BCS rankings will change dramatically in 2 weeks. This will have us at 3rd most likely. When we beat Mizzou in Atlanta this should hopefully place us 2nd behind FSU. I would rather play Ohio State for the NC than FSU. I do think we would beat either team.

Why is Ducks still above us

Same reason Clemson is: the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of, the Preseason Poll.

Nope. It's because we blew a 20 point lead in the 4th quarter last night. Win that game 37-17 or 44-17, and AU is #5 today.

People stop pulling for mizzou. We need them to lose their last 2. They play ole miss and aTm. That would help our SOS of those two win. Then scar beats Clemson and we play South Carolina in the seccg. That is the best scenario to overtake an undefeated osu. The only team we NEED to lose is Baylor. Not complaining but I have said this multiple times yet no one pays it any attention.

One note of interest..

Yep. Nice post, JoJo.

So I did some quick math because the Harris and Coaches polls are out. Things you need to remember it isn't just about jumping positions it is about points and for some reason Oregon made a huge jump in points but not a big jump in standings. Last week Oregon had a BCS average of .7665 this week my target for them with 2/3 of the polls in is .8050. Auburn didn't get a big boost in points but did jump 2 positions in rankings and my projection for them is .7627. For sh**s and grins Baylor is .8856. OSU barely moved in the human polls but might get a good jump in the computers .9069, FSU not much of a move up .9627 but that is expected the numbers are tight at the top, Bama actually dropped to .9947 thanks to the human polls but if they get a bump on computer that may keep them steady

Archived