Week 12 polls

Wareagletd

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jojo1515

why do we as college football fans allow the coaches to still have a poll? They are an absolute freaking joke! they don't watch any games but the one they're playing, and we're supposed to believe they know what's happening in the college football world? they don't even care

why do we as college football fans allow the coaches to still have a poll? They are an absolute freaking joke! they don't watch any games but the one they're playing, and we're supposed to believe they know what's happening in the college football world? they don't even care

And if you remember from last year, they rank certain teams lower to manipulate the BCS rankings.

New AP Top 10

1. Alabama

2. FSU

3. Baylor

4. Ohio St.

5. Oregon

6. Auburn

7. Clemson

8. Mizzou

9. Texas A&M

10. Stanford

New AP Top 25-SEC Teams

1. Alabama

6. Auburn

8. Mizzou

9 Texas A&M

12. South Carolina

18. LSU

24. Ole Miss

Why is Ducks still above us

Because Washington and UCLA were ranked when Oregon beat them? I mean I guess, otherwise, I don't get it either. Same with Clemson, they beat a healthy Georgia, and got drubbed by FSU. :shaking my head:

New AP Top 10

1. Alabama

2. FSU

3. Baylor

4. Ohio St.

5. Oregon

6. Auburn

7. Clemson

8. Mizzou

9. Texas A&M

10. Stanford

Stanford even sniffing the jock of the top 15 is a joke. They have 2 losses to unranked teams, one of which has yet to win another conference game. Other than that, and flipping Auburn and the ducks, this looks about right.

Guest jojo1515

We are 10-1 in the SEC, who has seven ranked teams. A win over a top 10 team on the road, and yet the coaches feel Oregon and Clemson are better? Oregon lost late in the season to a team that just lost to a USC team with an Interim coach. Clemson beat GA by 3, we beat em by 6 and they have a 37 point loss....THIRTY SEVEN!!! AU has 1 loss in a close game to a ranked team, on the road in a monsoon early in the season. BCS should be forced to drop the coaches poll forever.

AU should be ranked at the very least 5th. However, people aren't going to allow the remote possibility of 2011 repeating itself.

Not sure how the Harris poll will have AU ranked, but the computers have been favorable to the good guys this season. Beating aTm on the road was huge for the number crunchers.

Man-oh-man would it be great to have a do-over against LSU right about now.

BCS Projections

1. Alabama

2. FSU

3. Ohio State

4. Baylor

5. Oregon

Just saw this flash on the bottom line

I wouldn't be surprised to see us 5th in the BCS. Our computer rankings will increase. Our points in the coaches went up and our Harris points will increase. If we don't pass Oregon for 5th we will be very very close percentage wise

The AP poll is totally irrelevant. It does not figure into the BCS formula. It might have more cred next year, with the transition to the playoff. But this year, it is meaningless.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us 5th in the BCS. Our computer rankings will increase. Our points in the coaches went up and our Harris points will increase. If we don't pass Oregon for 5th we will be very very close percentage wise

ESPN said we were 6th in the projected rankings

If we win out, there is really nothing else we can do to help our case. If we win out I don't see enough happening for us to be in the National Championship game. :(/>

The MNC doesn't matter that much to me. If we win out, we will have completed an amazing turnaround, won the division and the conference, broken winning streaks over all our rivals except LSU, set ourselves up for a nice preseason ranking next year, and have kept the turds from winning another.

Archived