if satan leaves can we say gus helped run him off?

aubiefifty

hey i finally learned how to paste so give an old geezer a break. i know the post is long but its very interesting.

Thanks for posting that.

The guy claims to know what he's talking about and it does sound reasonable. I was thinking that Saban was using Texas to wrangle more money out of bammers. But bammers couldn't come up with $8.4M a year, plus a lot of bennies no doubt and bonuses, even though they claim to be as rich as Texas. No one is as rich as Texas.

And if (a huge IF) Saban's buddy Emmet at the NCAA has given him a heads up that he can't hold off an investigation much longer, then that would be even more impetus for him to get while the getting's good.

I have a feeling your on to more than you know with that last statement. I;m looking for bama to be on probation and for Saban to tuck tail and run before it all comes down.

That is very insightful and a lot more truth than speculation.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I was a betting man, (I do not gamble except when my father-in-law visits us, and we make a trip to Cherokee NC), I would be willing to lay down a few thousand that Saban will take the UT job when it becomes available in the not too distant future. I really believe this will happen folks. This will be the equivalent of the stock market crash in 1929 in the state of Alabama, except for Auburn!

Saban has changed college football and I think most feel its not for the better. He recruits only the 4 and 5* that are thinking pure nfl and a payday. It's not about bama - there's no allegiance to the school. So long as it has a good recruiting platform. The school, which ever school, is simply a means to an end. Only professional football requires 3 yrs of college before the payday. Not mlb or the nba. Saban uses this and targets the top prospects, and sells greed. His programs are purely nfl farm systems. It's not lsu or bama, it's saban inc.

Most schools will talk about being part of family, a good efucation, a great experience, and maybe the nfl. Saban simplifies the discussion. It's not amateurism, it's not what college football is, Id like him to go away. College football is better without him.

I

You have hit the nail on what troubles me the most about his presence. And IF he or his boosters have recruited the 4 and 5's illegally, then it makes it even worse. It's a sham...symbolism over substance. It's all about the almighty dollar. And believe it or not, there are a few of us left who believe that being all about the almighty dollar just isn't GOOD ENOUGH. Thanks, Coach Malzahn and the Auburn staff, who remind us that they are growing boys to men using a vehicle such as college football as a springboard to celebrating exceptional athletic talent. There's nothing wrong with a dream to "hit it big," but the risk and the rarity of this for most should be the reality. It may be all about the "process," but they've missed the forest for the trees by not making it all about character...and the long-run, lifelong pursuit of who you are and what you'll give and gain when you're past your NFL prime...

If Auburn beats Georgia in a blowout, do you think, and this is a way out there thought, that saban announces that he is leaving for Texas before the Iron Bowl to give him an excuse for and if bammer loses to Auburn? Would be a total saban move.

If Auburn beats Georgia in a blowout, do you think, and this is a way out there thought, that saban announces that he is leaving for Texas before the Iron Bowl to give him an excuse for and if bammer loses to Auburn? Would be a total saban move.

We need to keep an eye out on what happens today as Texas plays OK State. Texas is currently 7-2 and still in the conference championship hunt. #12 OK State should end this today. Texas still has a 7-3 Texas Tech and #5 Baylor left on the schedule. I believe the dominoes begin to start falling with the results of todays game as you will begin hearing rumors of CMB's retirement.

The turds have given him a lot more power than LSU gave him. At UAT, he can and has done whatever he wanted to do without getting busted by the NCAA or the SEC. When you are best friends with the head man of the NCAA, you can do anything and everything and never have to worry about being placed on probation.

Saban has changed college football and I think most feel its not for the better. He recruits only the 4 and 5* that are thinking pure nfl and a payday. It's not about bama - there's no allegiance to the school. So long as it has a good recruiting platform. The school, which ever school, is simply a means to an end. Only professional football requires 3 yrs of college before the payday. Not mlb or the nba. Saban uses this and targets the top prospects, and sells greed. His programs are purely nfl farm systems. It's not lsu or bama, it's saban inc.

Most schools will talk about being part of family, a good efucation, a great experience, and maybe the nfl. Saban simplifies the discussion. It's not amateurism, it's not what college football is, Id like him to go away. College football is better without him.

I

You have hit the nail on what troubles me the most about his presence. And IF he or his boosters have recruited the 4 and 5's illegally, then it makes it even worse. It's a sham...symbolism over substance. It's all about the almighty dollar. And believe it or not, there are a few of us left who believe that being all about the almighty dollar just isn't GOOD ENOUGH. Thanks, Coach Malzahn and the Auburn staff, who remind us that they are growing boys to men using a vehicle such as college football as a springboard to celebrating exceptional athletic talent. There's nothing wrong with a dream to "hit it big," but the risk and the rarity of this for most should be the reality. It may be all about the "process," but they've missed the forest for the trees by not making it all about character...and the long-run, lifelong pursuit of who you are and what you'll give and gain when you're past your NFL prime...

Add to that the fact that Saban only recruits players who are demanding to be paid for their play. He seeks corruption, it doesn't just happen to come his way.

What those kids don't realize is that the people giving them the money and cars aren't doing it out of the goodness of their hearts. Those people expect a 10x return on their dollar. And if those kids can't produce that, then they could be in a world of trouble with some very shady characters down the road.

I don't think Saban would announce his leaving until after the bowls. I doubt he'd announce until Mack Brown announces his retirement, and I doubt Brown would do that until after his team's bowl game. But that wouldn't mean that all the pieces weren't in place before hand.

I don't think Saban would announce his leaving until after the bowls. I doubt he'd announce until Mack Brown announces his retirement, and I doubt Brown would do that until after his team's bowl game. But that wouldn't mean that all the pieces weren't in place before hand.

recruiting is everything to Saban... If its going to happen it will more likely happen before bowl season is over... IMHO...

The turds have given him a lot more power than LSU gave him. At UAT, he can and has done whatever he wanted to do without getting busted by the NCAA or the SEC. When you are best friends with the head man of the NCAA, you can do anything and everything and never have to worry about being placed on probation.

They sold their soul to the devil. It all looks great now. Once the bill comes due, it won't be pretty.

They sold their soul to the devil. It all looks great now. Once the bill comes due, it won't be pretty.

I do believe that. Look at Penn State. It took a while but it did catch up with them. It always does.

recruiting is everything to Saban... If its going to happen it will more likely happen before bowl season is over... IMHO...

This is what I was thinking. He would want to take as many of his commits with him if he goes.

I honestly believe this actually took place! But as the good bible says whats done in the dark will come to light

I think some of you guys are imitating Texas fans, who may be the nation's most delusional fan base. UAT can match 8 million, 9, 10, and would be Saban if this was a money issue. Texas is historically inferior to a number of programs. Saban recruits the best players to Tuscaloosa, and likely has far more control there than he would at Austin. We can imagine that he has annoyances at UAT, but I doubt it. He gets what he wants when he wants it, and with the class he has coming in, he probably has at least two more MNCs between 13 and 17, enough to tie the Bear and go down as the greatest college coach ever.

We can whine about cheating all day long, but go to any major college campus including ours, and there have been a few suspect vehicles over the last few years. Alabama does hide things better than others...UT hired UAT's compliance director for a reason.

But I look forward to seeing Gus go head to head with Saban, to compete and beat him.

Texas lost 38-13.

And the Mack Brown retirement rumors will now begin. They were suppose to be contenders for the NC this year....

Archived