people still not giving auburn the love they deserve

aubiefifty

The 2010 team was not dominant early in the season. Once the coaches figured out what they had in Newton and Fairley, the team really started to grow.

The 2010 team wasn't dominant until the SEC Championship game. They didn't call us the "cardiac cats" for nothing.

Not sure I'd be able to live through another season like that one. Waaaaay too many nail-biters

It actually got to the point where as hard as this may be to believe but when we were down by 24 to Bama, I wasn't that concerned, I actually still thought we were fine. When Q Carr dropped that punt and Bama recovered, however, I thought we were done for.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 2010 team was not dominant early in the season. Once the coaches figured out what they had in Newton and Fairley, the team really started to grow.

The 2010 team wasn't dominant until the SEC Championship game. They didn't call us the "cardiac cats" for nothing.

Not sure I'd be able to live through another season like that one. Waaaaay too many nail-biters

It actually got to the point where as hard as this may be to believe but when we were down by 24 to Bama, I wasn't that concerned, I actually still thought we were fine. When Q Carr dropped that punt and Bama recovered, however, I thought we were done for.

I was the same way. When you pull the rabbit out of your hat that many times, it becomes obvious that you're just going to keep pulling them out when you need them. I had seen them score 20-21 points in one quarter enough to not be worried until they were down that far with only a few minutes left.

The way we had been playing that year I thought our luck had finally run out during the first half of that game. It was also one of the weirdest Iron Bowl parties I'd been to. I had been convinced to go over to an Alabama party by a buddy who had a thing for the girl who was throwing the party and were the only two Auburn fans there. The end of that game was probably the only time I'd been to a Iron Bowl party where it was just awkward silence between the two fan bases instead of smack talk.

As soon as we scored our first touchdown in that game, I had this totally unexplainable feeling that we were going to win. It was so weird.

Respect is earned not given. Because of last years meltdown we have to earn our respect one game at a time. We have a chance to win a lot of respect over the next three games. A tough game initially because Tenn. is at home but superior depth will tell in 2nd half and we will pull away. Georgia has gotten some of their injured back but still has a weak D so we will play close for a while but will also pull away in 2nd half. Bama will be toughest team we have played all year. I don't like them but they are the most well rounded team in the SEC. Their D has shutdown everybody but A&M our D is weak between the 20 yard lines tough in the red zone and even tougher in the 4th Quarter, Our O is the most dominant running O in the SEC we will score points on their D. To stop our running game Bama will have to load the box. For us to win Nick or JJ or combination of both must be able to take advantage the fact that Bama will load the box to stop Tre, Grant, CAP, Marshall and the O-Line. I think we can make the passes we are getting better every game and this is the time to peak. Win these three games and the respect will be there. War Eagle and lets finish out the year with just a single loss to LSU. Then who knows where we will go.

When we got down 21-0, my wife walked out saying it was over. I said "not yet". I just had a feeling that year. When we went up 28-27, I nearly went through the roof, and she ran back into the room and was shocked we had come back.

Ole Miss fans on their board are my favorite. They are "counting" the Auburn game as a win. Freaking hilarious.

So not getting shut out counts as a win now? If I had known that, I would have felt a lot better about last season.

on other boards. we are not a very good team we are just lucky and playing with a lot of emotion. wth? i hope more than ever auburn runs the board now. i am tired of gettin little to no respect when it comes to auburn. some even claim some of the teams we have already whipped would beat us if played again. and this is more than just bumner fans. seems like the fsu fans have gotten cocky here lately. makes me want to beat my head against the wall except i am not hard headed..........

Doesn't really bother me. FSU fans haven't had anything to rant about for a long time. As for those that claim they would beat us if played again, i think we all feel the same way about LSU. The way our D showed up the second half, I for one think we would beat them. JMO

majority of TN fans on their boards are actually hoping to just keep it close. Some are already saying the game we may lose is Bama, and that we'll take UGA.

Been meaning to tell you all year, I like your video. It's hypnotic.

Archived