people still not giving auburn the love they deserve

aubiefifty

on other boards. we are not a very good team we are just lucky and playing with a lot of emotion. wth? i hope more than ever auburn runs the board now. i am tired of gettin little to no respect when it comes to auburn. some even claim some of the teams we have already whipped would beat us if played again. and this is more than just bumner fans. seems like the fsu fans have gotten cocky here lately. makes me want to beat my head against the wall except i am not hard headed..........

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is my first post ever on here I have read this message boards for years and enjoyed it. I attended AU from 2007-2010 and loved every minute of it. I left AU on the account of a military obligation but currently reside here in Montgomery (hate the word Gumps). I have pictures from FAU and Ole Miss games I need help on how to upload. Now on to the topic here it's mostly Crimson here on Saturdays and I hate to hear their outlandish comments and about AU.

This is my first post ever on here I have read this message boards for years and enjoyed it. I attended AU from 2007-2010 and loved every minute of it. I left AU on the account of a military obligation but currently reside here in Montgomery (hate the word Gumps). I have pictures from FAU and Ole Miss games I need help on how to upload. Now on to the topic here it's mostly Crimson here on Saturdays and I hate to hear their outlandish comments and about AU.

First, I appreciate your military service! Second, I hear ya on hating to hear Crimson Tide/Elephant fans trying to downgrade Auburn when they haven't even watched an Auburn game. They'll know the deal when Auburn gives their run D a reality check.

Frankly, I have to wonder if we're a tad over-rated myself. The reason I say that is that we haven't dominated anyone yet. You look at the top tier teams, say the Gumps for instance, and you ask "who have they played"? Well, they've played some of the same teams we've played (TAMU, Ark, OM), and unlike us, they completely dominated Ark and Ole Miss. The same could be said of the other unbeatens (UO, FSU, OSU, Baylor) who maybe haven't played a tough schedule (other than FSU) but are completely annihilating the teams they are playing.

That being said, of the one-loss teams remaining, none have a bigger scalp than TAMU, but some (Stanford & Mizz) have a few big scalps which would explain their higher ranking.

Having said all that, I look around at other CFB sites, and I can't tell you how many have a big ole picture of Gus or Nick or another AU player at the top of general CFB posts. I think people are taking notice.

majority of TN fans on their boards are actually hoping to just keep it close. Some are already saying the game we may lose is Bama, and that we'll take UGA.

Well, they are smokies for a reason. But honestly, why should we care whether the fans of other teams think we are good? The good guys can dispel all doubts by beating up on their opponents. That is the key. We have three games left. On December 1 we can discuss how good this year's team is.

You can upload photos to the Gallery section using these directions: http://www.aufamily.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=help&do=01&HID=17

If you can also display some photos in a forum topic string by using the image properties link icon and an URL of the photo from where is is stored on a photo hosting site. Photobucket works well and is free up to a certain storage limit.

majority of TN fans on their boards are actually hoping to just keep it close. Some are already saying the game we may lose is Bama, and that we'll take UGA.

Well, they are smokies for a reason. But honestly, why should we care whether the fans of other teams think we are good? The good guys can dispel all doubts by beating up on their opponents. That is the key. We have three games left. On December 1 we can discuss how good this year's team is.

Amen on the good guys part. Was simply discussing how some people DO give us the respect/love we have earned thus far.

Oh they are taking notice, even bama fans over at Rivals. They aren't running their mouths over there near as much. Georgia fans seem to have their noses the most bent out of shape right now, but the reason is obvious. They don't want to believe Gus's turn around this fast is real, while they lost 3 games. Their favorite excuse to use now is injuries, to all SEC fans not just us. But when it comes to "love" from fans of a rival team, I spit on their love.

Frankly, I have to wonder if we're a tad over-rated myself. The reason I say that is that we haven't dominated anyone yet. You look at the top tier teams, say the Gumps for instance, and you ask "who have they played"? Well, they've played some of the same teams we've played (TAMU, Ark, OM), and unlike us, they completely dominated Ark and Ole Miss. The same could be said of the other unbeatens (UO, FSU, OSU, Baylor) who maybe haven't played a tough schedule (other than FSU) but are completely annihilating the teams they are playing.

That being said, of the one-loss teams remaining, none have a bigger scalp than TAMU, but some (Stanford & Mizz) have a few big scalps which would explain their higher ranking.

Having said all that, I look around at other CFB sites, and I can't tell you how many have a big ole picture of Gus or Nick or another AU player at the top of general CFB posts. I think people are taking notice.

Well who has OSU and Baylor beaten? an overrated Northwestern team and Baylor hasn't beaten anyone...Stanford has beaten arizona st who is coming on as of late, Washington who was overrated and UCLA who has beaten who they were suppose to beat(lost to Stanford & Oregon)...oh yeah they also lost to Utah(our loss to LSU)...2010 we didn't dominate a lot of teams either...heck we beat Kentucky by a field goal that year...As long as we keep winning they will have no choice but to respect us

Well who has OSU and Baylor beaten? an overrated Northwestern team and Baylor hasn't beaten anyone...Stanford has beaten arizona st who is coming on as of late, Washington who was overrated and UCLA who has beaten who they were suppose to beat(lost to Stanford & Oregon)...oh yeah they also lost to Utah(our loss to LSU)...2010 we didn't dominate a lot of teams either...heck we beat Kentucky by a field goal that year...As long as we keep winning they will have no choice but to respect us

My point was even though those teams (Baylor, OSU, UO) haven't played a tough schedule, they have destroyed their opponents. However, peeking at Baylor's schedule was quite telling. The best team they've played was KSU (who lost to a FCS team) and they only beat KSU by 10 points while outgaining KSU by one whole yard :/ Now, is KSU better than, say, MSU? Tough to say, but MSU didn't lose to a FCS team either! So, my comment on Baylor may have been a bit premature. We'll definitely know more after tonight on them.

Meh, doesn't faze me anymore. I could absolutely care less what other fan bases think.

Seems like someone has to say this about every day...but some folks just can't be happy unless someone is telling them how great a job they are doing. ....what we used to call back in my working days..."high maintenance employees". AU seems to have a bunch of high maintenance fans IMO...

Dominating........Funny how some folks look at that ....Take 35-17, Versus 45-10....the scores of auburn and bama versus arky......Auburn ran such a base offense and arky put 8 in the box but never could stop them......the end never was in doubt......arky had 2 weeks to prepare, were at home,pulled every trick play they could, and still could not really make a game of it....bama meanwhile threw the ball 20 plus times,intercepted for a score and were at home, .........So domination is all according to knowing the whole story and seeing the whole picture....

Dominating........Funny how some folks look at that ....Take 35-17, Versus 45-10....the scores of auburn and bama versus arky......Auburn ran such a base offense and arky put 8 in the box but never could stop them......the end never was in doubt......arky had 2 weeks to prepare, were at home,pulled every trick play they could, and still could not really make a game of it....bama meanwhile threw the ball 20 plus times,intercepted for a score and were at home, .........So domination is all according to knowing the whole story and seeing the whole picture....

Don't forget that Gus totally took his foot off the gas int he 4th quarter, running up the middle on every single play. Remove one long kick-off return and 2 questionable at best pass interference calls and we dominate Arky.

Meh, doesn't faze me anymore. I could absolutely care less what other fan bases think.

Seems like someone has to say this about every day...but some folks just can't be happy unless someone is telling them how great a job they are doing. ....what we used to call back in my working days..."high maintenance employees". AU seems to have a bunch of high maintenance fans IMO...

The problem with this post is the way he worded it. I could absolutely care less what other fan bases think means you actually care what they think. sorry this phrase drives me crazy.

if i could have worded it better tell me. i am somewhat new. and i was not talking about tennessee but oregon and fsu folks mostly

I really don't care who likes or respects us. I hope everybody keeps over looking us. I don't know if this is appropriate to say here, but has anyone noticed more people displaying AU clothes, flags, etc. I have always been orange and blue through and through. .. where where all these fans last 2 years ? It should be ALL IN or ALL OUT.. just my 2 cents. What is others opinions on this? Maybe its just me I cant stand " bandwagon" people. I'm referring to the people around where I live in south alabama " man I hate saying that word". WDE And for the record I was one of the doubtful on the hire of Malzahn boy o boy was I wrong and I am proud to admit I was wrong.

on other boards. we are not a very good team we are just lucky and playing with a lot of emotion. wth? i hope more than ever auburn runs the board now. i am tired of gettin little to no respect when it comes to auburn. some even claim some of the teams we have already whipped would beat us if played again. and this is more than just bumner fans. seems like the fsu fans have gotten cocky here lately. makes me want to beat my head against the wall except i am not hard headed..........

IMO, no other major fan base has so high a % utterly lacking football awareness as FSU. And their forums are full of dullards. To get anywhere in the polls FSU not only needs to win, it needs to promote all 14 ACC teams as being way, way better than reality. That requires a certain amount of inate delusion to start with. FSU fans are butthurt about always losing in football to Auburn (4-14-1)....even Bowden was 4-4 against us...and not getting revenge when Housel & co. cancelled in the season of their best team ever, 1999. Have fun with an F$U fan, point out Dameyunne Craig recruited Alabamian Jameis Winston to FSU.

I remember when fsu fans were just as bad if not worse than the turds..

Archived