***AU vs WC Game Thread***

WarEagle123

I think there is something to take home. We have seen our QB's look bad against this kind of competition. At least JJ looks good. Should only take a week to know where he really stands.

Excellent point.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I say pressure, I simply mean being The Guy in a real game in front of 80k people. Remember, for 2 quarters each game, NM looked like he had bad nerves in his first 3 games. JJ has not.

Hop off your indignation pedestals, I'm not saying he's the next Cam newton. Just that he looks good under real fire, Opponent notwithstanding.

not indignant....just noting that this is WCU ....not WSU. But glad JJ is having a good game...just saying don't read anything into this game or performance.

I think there is something to take home. We have seen our QB's look bad against this kind of competition. At least JJ looks good. Should only take a week to know where he really stands.

He doesn't just look good, it looks like this is his 3rd year doing it. It's not world-beaters, but he knows exactly what needs to happen and how to get it done. Yes, it's WCU. But the way he is playing, it almost makes you feel like he should in in that "it's halftime take out all the veterans and play the rookies" group. That's what I am getting at. For him having 2 quarters experience, he looks like he's got 2 years.

I also input that I don't expect him to look so poised on the road at Kyle Field, if he were to start next week, which I do not expect him to do (unless NMs knee is not back to 100%).

I also input that I don't expect him to look so poised on the road at Kyle Field, if he were to start next week, which I do not expect him to do (unless NMs knee is not back to 100%).

I say he does... but I know nohting.

Jeremy Johnson 13/17 183 yards 3 TD 1 Int 2 rushes for 10 yards

Tre Mason 6 att 100 yards 2 TDs

Corey Grant 4 att 78 yards 1 TD

Ricardo Louis 2 rushes for 41 yards

CAP 3 att 22 yards

Ricardo Louis 2 rec 56 yards 1 td

Tony Stevens 3 rec 47 yards 1 td

Melvin Ray 3 rec 44 yards

Quan Bray 3 rec 17 yards

Trovon Reed 1 rec 15 yards

Prosch 1 rec 8 yards td

Tre Mason 1 rec 7 yards

Marcus Davis 1 rec 7 yards

The good news about next week if JJ has to play is that TAMU (thus far) has not been a dominant defensive team..and the OL could give him enough time to play "his" game....if the WRs will help him out by running good routes, etc.

Team seems to be hitting on all cylinders today. Even the backups look poised. I know it's WCU but nice to see the guys playing well and having fun.

The good news about next week if JJ has to play is that TAMU (thus far) has not been a dominant defensive team..and the OL could give him enough time to play "his" game....if the WRs will help him out by running good routes, etc.

^This

I'm much more concerned about how our defense will fair against Manziel then how JJ will fair against a wet paper bag

Archived