Tennessee and Virginia Tech to play in 2016 at Bristol Motor Speedway

Auburnfan91

I guess you could watch the jumbo video screens it they had them... but it looks like the only screens they have are on the tower in the middle of the infield and they will have to come down

bristol5.jpg

I would imagine they would secure some of the mobile type screens NASCAR uses at their races. They have some that are raised from tractor trailers so people can see the action at all times from their seats.

Gotta admire Bruton Smith and Speedway Motorsports for thinking outside the box. From his willingness to listen to the fans and re-re-configure the track to better the racing, from turning Bristol red by turning the concrete track into a 24 degree banking dirt track in 2000 and 2001, and now holding a college football game at the track.

Btw, if you can't tell, I think it's freakin awesome.

• 2 years later...

What would really be better is if the game was played during the Bristol Race. You could forget hearing the snap count. The players would have so much adrenaline going, they would take each other's head off every play.

Maybe on the opening kickoff DW will announce "boogity boogity boogity, let's play football boys!"

I think the game would be fun to watch too. Bristol is a special place. I plan on going there eventually to watch a race. Kind of a bucket list place for me.

• 6 months later...

So while you attend the game there, you have to watch the video screens to actually see the game.    I guess you can watch the game on TV using your smartphone too.  Or you could just watch at home on the big screen TV................... 

4 hours ago, cptau said:

So while you attend the game there, you have to watch the video screens to actually see the game.    I guess you can watch the game on TV using your smartphone too.  Or you could just watch at home on the big screen TV................... 

You don't get it- you don't go to this game to WATCH IT. You go to say you were there. You can't get a bigger crowd. If they fill it, the record won't ever be broken.

37 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

You don't get it- you don't go to this game to WATCH IT. You go to say you were there. You can't get a bigger crowd. If they fill it, the record won't ever be broken.

Oh, I get it,   Pay big bucks, give up a home game, and drive a long distance to just be near a game not on a college campus,  where it belongs.    Luckily I have zero interest in going.  

Archived