who would yall consider the greatest assistant coach in

aubiefifty

auburn football history? anyone but head coaches are fair game.

ok who has made the biggest impact....lol

wayne hall was a damn good one. i watched him in a praqctice during bowdens first year. man was terribly bowlegged. and during drills he accused a kid of trying to have sex because he damn sure was not trying to tackle him. of course coach hall used the appropriate profanity to say it.

wayne hall was a damn good one. i watched him in a praqctice during bowdens first year. man was terribly bowlegged. and during drills he accused a kid of trying to have sex because he damn sure was not trying to tackle him. of course coach hall used the appropriate profanity to say it.

We had a coach use that one once...we laughed so hard because it was a Christian School and many of those young men had never heard such. He didn't last long at our school but he has gone on to be very successful.

Bill Oliver was good.

I'm not sure how you'd measure a thing like "greatest assistant." In my adult lifetime, I think Joe Whitt would have to get some consideration to be on the list. And Wayne Hall also. And of course our current head coach, though his tenure as an assistant was short, did turn Chris Todd into a record setter and was part of AU's 2010 national championship season, so he goes on my list too.

Wayne Hall

First name that came to my mind.

Tommy Bowden, while only there two years, is another that came to mind. We were 20-1-1, with 20 consecutive wins, with him as our O.C..

Wayne Hall....and I hate to admit it.....Bill Oliver

Wayne Hall....and I hate to admit it.....Bill Oliver

I was going to post Brother Bill but deleted it because I figured there would be some push back but he was an outstanding DC at Auburn and while working for Shug an outstanding DB coach before that. The job he did in 1997 w/o a lot of talent outside of Takeo Spikes in helping get Auburn to the SEC CS game was pretty noteworthy IMO.

Wayne Hall

Tommy Bowden, while only there two years, is another that came to mind. We were 20-1-1, with 20 consecutive wins, with him as our O.C..

Actually, Pat Dye hired him in 1991 and he didn't leave until after the 1996 season.

Joe Whitt. Many years we were spoiled with great LB play as a result of his evaluating, recruiting, and coaching. He has always been faithful to AU also!

Wayne Hall

Actually, Pat Dye hired him in 1991 and he didn't leave until after the 1996 season.

I always forget Coach Dye hired him, every single time I think of him. I also would have lost money on how long he was Terry's O.C.. There is a lesson to be learned here.................kids, weed is for mowing.

First 3 popped in my mind: Wayne Hall- pretty obvious. Joe Whitt- I don't see how he couldn't be on a list of Asst. coaches. Larry Blakeney- Ramsey issues not-withstanding, a tremendous assistant (and 3rd most winningest active HC for that matter).

Eddie Gran would be near the top. He does not get the credit he deserves with his coaching and recruiting ability. Guy was great.

I would have to second this.

Archived