does anyone agree with me that ole miss is a must win?

aubiefifty

I dont necessarily agree that being pessimistic equals being more realistic. Anything can happen. Georgia could lose Saturday against LSU and they dont exactly have a stellar historical record against Florida. I watched UGa play No. Texas saturday and I dont think they're unbeatable at all. Ole Miss will be a test but Bo Wallace is not a mobile QB and the game is in Auburn and I like Auburn in that one. I have no idea what the win-loss total will be at the end of the year but am not ruling out Auburn surprising to the upside either.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets hope CBS slates us at 6:30 so JH stadium will be on fire. If we can put together 3 quarters without a meltdown waiting on adjustments, we can beat them. I am hoping UA beats them up a bit. We need pressure from Ford and Therezie to keep rushing the edge and getting to RB and QB before the plays develop.

I agree to a point. Depends on what you mean by "must win"? If you mean its a must win to get to 7 or 8 wins then yes I agree. I don't think losing it will psychologically kill this team as they are mentally tougher than last year's squad. Fact is though its gonna be tough to win the A&M, UGA, and bammer games and no guarantee we can go to UT and Arky and win both of those so the Ole Miss game is huge if we want more than 6-6. Week off, time to fix some inconsitencies and have a good plan for Ole Missy.

I agree.

wde

Not a must win looking at it from 30,000 feet. OM has the national perception as an up and coming program. Auburn is still judged by last year's record. An OM win will merely confirm that view.

But for more immediate goals it is a very important game. Such as getting to a bowl. Auburn has a very good chance at beating A&M. The leghumpers and bamr not so much. So a win over OM will go a long way towards securing that goal.

Auburn will field the more talented personnel against OM but will they play like it is the question.

We will know how legitimate OM is after Saturday's game against bamr.

We have the same chance of beating A&M as beating Alabama or Georgia. They will score over 50 on us. I doubt we can respond in kind.

Beating Ole Miss would be big. It would be a great springboard to give these guys confidence and would be a very real outward sign that this program is coming back. I doubt we will be favored; their QB; a dual threat; is the kind of guy we've made look like an All American these last few years....but a win vs Ole Miss gets us a very real shot at 8 wins.

We lose in a close one, and finish with another loss to A&M, which will put us at 3 losses. When we get to UGA and UA, I'm predicting we upset one of those to finish 8–4.

8-4 is what I'm thinking too. I agree about A & M and losing one of the last two big ones (UGA or UAT). Not sure about Ole Miss, UT or Arky. Will slip up against one of them.

I dont necessarily agree that being pessimistic equals being more realistic. Anything can happen. Georgia could lose Saturday against LSU and they dont exactly have a stellar historical record against Florida. I watched UGa play No. Texas saturday and I dont think they're unbeatable at all. Ole Miss will be a test but Bo Wallace is not a mobile QB and the game is in Auburn and I like Auburn in that one. I have no idea what the win-loss total will be at the end of the year but am not ruling out Auburn surprising to the upside either.

Disagree about Wallace's mobility.

yeah his mobility hurt us last year

Dont know what there is to disagree about. He's about as mobile as LSU's guy. if you call that mobile then you have a point. WSU's QB hurt us too but he isn't really that mobile either. Sometimes it just works out that way but the guy is not known for his ability to make plays running the ball.

Ole Miss and Auburn will target similar players, we need to win to emphasize that they are still Ole Miss and Auburn is on its way back to being Auburn. If for nothing else, public perception/recruiting.

I'm not convinced Auburn will have the better talent on the field. We have lost so much over the years.

WR: our most highly touted recruits haven't become outstanding players. They're way better than we are.

RB: We're better, hands down

QB: interesting

OL: I think we're better. But our fabulous recruits haven't all earned their way on the field yet, nor do they dominate yet

DL: my goodness, our freshmen. But the experienced guys haven't lived up to their billing yet

LB: neither team is exactly blowing the doors off there

DB: I think we're better. We've lost too many of that one fabulous recruiting class, though. Still a work in progress.

I like our special teams talent

We've had great classes, but too many guys have left and too few have panned out to say we have superior talent. One more year, two more years, and we will have better talent. Wayyy too many rercuiting advantages over Ole Miss.

1. beating missy state was a must win.

2. beating ole miss is important and will show the conference we are closer to the top than they want us to be, but not a MUST win.

3. beating ole miss will help the bowl seeding. (as already mentioned)

Ahh...I think it is a must win. They just finished getting banged up pretty good in a great battle. They have 2 weeks to prepare for this game. Ole piss has bammer this week and we should see a similar game that we just fought between them. It's a must psychologically, from a recruiting standpoint, and to help establish ourselves back in the top half of the West. This is the game I've been waiting for to see where we realistically stack up conditioning wise. We absolutely can NOT lose this game. A win here launches confidence and national recognition. This bye week couldnt have come at a better time, we need some fine tuning before entering the gauntlet that's coming in a few weeks. WDE

I was thinking about this very question a little earlier yesterday and some today too. I got the feeling that it was a very PIVOTAL game. I think it would be more of a measuring stick than LSU, (as one other poster mentioned). I think we need to start defeating a few more of our opponents in the West to establish the legitimacy of our re-emergence. I do think it is pivotal because it would be a huge momentum builder, and a great springboard for the rest of the season.

Archived