Wow, talk about improvement out of QB Jonathan Wallace

aubiefifty

Who's crying? We beat an ASU team who's fan base thought would cream us. Yesterday was the first time I've gotten to watch a full game since the LSU game last year. I'm far from crying pal. Just a little tired of certain people being able to voice their opinions while others that have legit points get blasted because their opinion differs or is so called obvious.

So help me understand. Your legit point is that NM must get better or we wont do any better than we did last year. is that about the gist of what you're trying to say?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually it seems you're the one with the problem. See, Im pretty happy with his progress TO DATE because frankly, that ALL THAT MATTERS. We can revisit your opinion as the season progresses but IMO you just unwilling to give the guy even an ounce of credit. Thats not my problem ole buddy thats yours

You are delusional. People are giving him plenty of credit. It's just obvious to any logical thinking person, that a QB MUST hit more than half of the wide open receivers he gets, not less than half.

Nick has hit over 50% of his receivers but after adding in the 4 drops, 1 slip, 1 route let up, Nick is well over.

He is less than 50%, on passes of 15 yards or more, to wide open receivers. My eyeballs tell me that. I don't need to look at the stats.

Ohhhhh, well you didn't say you were referring to sub categories of categories. When you said "wide open receivers", I thought you meant "wide open receivers". ;D

fyi- cumulative to date Nick is: 20 of 36 (55.6%) 2 TDs, O INTs. If the 6 passes I referred to above were added into your "hitting the open receiver" category, which is what he did, it becomes 26 of 36 (72.2%). Maybe Blue wasn't as delusional as you think. ;)

Just enjoy the win guys ....the team as well as nick took a step forward this week....enjoy the win and don't get so caught up in over analyzing. I am sure NM is a worse critic of himself than anyone else here. So i anticipate he will continue to work hard this week to and get better. Enjoy the win baby..WDE

Who's crying? We beat an ASU team who's fan base thought would cream us. Yesterday was the first time I've gotten to watch a full game since the LSU game last year. I'm far from crying pal. Just a little tired of certain people being able to voice their opinions while others that have legit points get blasted because their opinion differs or is so called obvious.

So help me understand. Your legit point is that NM must get better or we wont do any better than we did last year. is that about the gist of what you're trying to say?

We our 2/3 of the way to being better then last year, its obvious we are better then last year. The gist of what I'm saying is if NM continues to improved we will win some conference games, if he levels off and doesn't improve on his touch passes we will be lucky to win any conference games. AIGHT

Actually it seems you're the one with the problem. See, Im pretty happy with his progress TO DATE because frankly, that ALL THAT MATTERS. We can revisit your opinion as the season progresses but IMO you just unwilling to give the guy even an ounce of credit. Thats not my problem ole buddy thats yours

You are delusional. People are giving him plenty of credit. It's just obvious to any logical thinking person, that a QB MUST hit more than half of the wide open receivers he gets, not less than half.

Nick has hit over 50% of his receivers but after adding in the 4 drops, 1 slip, 1 route let up, Nick is well over.

He is less than 50%, on passes of 15 yards or more, to wide open receivers. My eyeballs tell me that. I don't need to look at the stats.

Ohhhhh, well you didn't say you were referring to sub categories of categories. When you said "wide open receivers", I thought you meant "wide open receivers". ;D

fyi- cumulative to date Nick is: 20 of 36 (55.6%) 2 TDs, O INTs. If the 6 passes I referred to above were added into your "hitting the open receiver" category, which is what he did, it becomes 26 of 36 (72.2%). Maybe Blue wasn't as delusional as you think. ;)

Huh? I will take your stat imagination a bit further.....if NM had completed all of his passes, he would have a 100% completion rate. You know what they say about "if's" and but's" though.

I would not be surprised if there's was a qb controversy after the LSU game.

AU might not beat LSU but I can't imagine that anyone that knows anything would be able to make the case that a different QB would have made a difference.

There is not now and there will not be then...a QB controversy at Auburn this season....EVER. Nick Marshall is the QB but I do agree that JW can and probably will help us win a game somewhere during this deason.

..famous last words. Ever is a mighty powerful word and unless someone has the ability to foresee the future, I highly recommend refraining from it. JMO.

Huh? I will take your stat imagination a bit further.....if NM had completed all of his passes, he would have a 100% completion rate. You know what they say about "if's" and but's" though.

That is a fictitious analogy. In this case, Nick hit the open receiver pure and simple, there is no "if" or "but" to it. Trust me, he is graded out for that too.

Is this a serious thread, or please tell me all of these opinions are just made-up for entertainment value. Nick has been with the team 5 weeks. 5 weeks people, and we are 2-0. Last year's team, we are 0-2 right now!

All you guys talking about how the QB should be changed based on two weeks, please text CGM. Better yet, write your suggestions down on paper and mail them to him so that if he really gets in a bind he can use your suggestions to wipe his rear-end. Don't say that this is just discussion and debate. You are the same people that do this same thing every time any player makes a mistake. Rather than "You can't please everyone, it's "You can never please some" We won, Celebrate and save your complaining til things go bad. Sorry, rant over, have a great afternoon. WDE!!

This thread is a joke... How people can tell how much improved Wallace is after one completion and a couple runs is beyond me. Everyone says JW is one the hardest workers on the team and I love that about him. But the fact is he just isn't near as talented as Nick marshall. He is nowhere near as athletic (not that many are) and he sure isn't going to throw the ball 70 yards. It seemed like Wallace gave it all he had on some 40 or 50 yarders last year. Talent defines how high a players potential is, and unfortunately no matter how hard JW works, the potential just does not seem to be there from what I've seen. And as far as the nick haters go, I'm really not sure what you want from him. He hasn't thrown any picks and for the most part has made safe throws, which is what the coaches want out of him. He seemed to be much more comfortable this week compared to last. He will continue to get better.

I have yet to see one person call for change. I have seen some people say everything is fine. I have seen people voice their concerns that NM needs more touch and accuracy. I am in that boat. Again, I haven't seen one post saying to make a change at the QB position.

We are extremely blessed to have 2 qbs that can manage the offense and do a good job. Both will only get better as the season progresses. So far, we are 2-0 against the "State" teams. (WSU, ASU, with MSU & Lsu to go) It will be great to go 4-0 against them. If we do this, we will be a top 12 or better team. I feel that with a win against MSU this coming weekend, we wil start climbing towards the top 25.

We are extremely blessed to have 2 qbs that can manage the offense and do a good job. Both will only get better as the season progresses. So far, we are 2-0 against the "State" teams. (WSU, ASU, with MSU & Lsu to go) It will be great to go 4-0 against them. If we do this, we will be a top 12 or better team. I feel that with a win against MSU this coming weekend, we wil start climbing towards the top 25.

...and RBs, and coaches, ....

AU might not beat LSU but I can't imagine that anyone that knows anything would be able to make the case that a different QB would have made a difference.

There is not now and there will not be then...a QB controversy at Auburn this season....EVER. Nick Marshall is the QB but I do agree that JW can and probably will help us win a game somewhere during this deason.

..famous last words. Ever is a mighty powerful word and unless someone has the ability to foresee the future, I highly recommend refraining from it. JMO.

Im sticking with it. its a message board and thats my opinion of where Auburn is at the QB position. I dont see it changing - not so much based on expected excellence from NM but theres really not another bigtime talent other than a RS waiting to create that controversy. "Ever"..meaning THIS season.

We our 2/3 of the way to being better then last year, its obvious we are better then last year. The gist of what I'm saying is if NM continues to improved we will win some conference games, if he levels off and doesn't improve on his touch passes we will be lucky to win any conference games. AIGHT

i dont think all of Auburn's success or lack thereof rest solely on the play of NM....a'ight? its a team sport. There are a lot of areas that need as much if not more work than NM needs......receivers for one, LB'ers for another. The QB gets too much credit when things go well and way to much of the blame when they dont.

Lol. Blue going to have a heart attack trying to chastise every person on the board who doesn't say what he think they should

I read most of this thread and I agree with a couple of different point of views but I was reading it to see the logic of Wallace improving. I was trying to see if he played more than I thought he did to even evaluate him

Im sticking with it. its a message board and thats my opinion of where Auburn is at the QB position. I dont see it changing - not so much based on expected excellence from NM but theres really not another bigtime talent other than a RS waiting to create that controversy. "Ever"..meaning THIS season.

I don't think there will be any controversy either as I expect Nick to continue to improve and have a very good season, I just am not as emphatic in stating it as you. I wasn't questioning your opinion and yes, I am aware it's a message board. WDE.

Guest jojo1515

I read most of this thread and I agree with a couple of different point of views but I was reading it to see the logic of Wallace improving. I was trying to see if he played more than I thought he did to even evaluate him

Its just 11 pages of lunicy lol. He's completed 1 pass for 20 yards and ran 2 times for a total of 7 yards. Pretty sure he had better stats last year :D

For the record, I don't care if people prefer Wallace and talk about it. I will however point out any flaws in the logic behind it ;)

fyi- cumulative to date Nick is: 20 of 36 (55.6%) 2 TDs, O INTs. If the 6 passes I referred to above were added into your "hitting the open receiver" category, which is what he did, it becomes 26 of 36 (72.2%). Maybe Blue wasn't as delusional as you think. ;)/>

I'm all for stats, but there is merit to what some are saying( not changing QB). The passes they are referring to are ones that were needed to keep a drive alive. When you miss a wide open guy for a first down, it may only show as 1 incomplete on the stat sheet, but plays a much bigger part of the game. Against SEC opponents, he will need to hit a few if those. If not, our defense will have to step up again. And while the defense is getting better, they will get tired.

So your ability to quote stats is cute, but doesn't always tell the whole story.

I could live with a QB with only a 10% completion rate as long as those 10% were all for first downs keeping a drive alive.

And much of the distress fans are having over NM is from watching Kalil do the same thing last year.

The difference this year is that NM is very good at everything else. So if he can hit a few if those wide open guys for first downs against SEC teams, we stand a good chance of being in every game.

Besides, if he doesn't hit any of those, we will never get to see the offense sprint to the line and hand it off straight up the middle!

This is one seriously freaking bizarre thread ...

Yeah...I'm really trying to process this and I can't. It's like what if C-A-T really spelled DOG or something.

He had ONE pass for 20 yards and SEVEN yards rushing. Start the Heisman campaign....Nick Marshall shouldn't even come to practice anymore. JW and his 27 yard performance will now start as QB and RB. He may even throw the ball to himself and play WR. I've never seen a backup perform so well under the pressure of a such a tight 30 point game. Chuck Norris better watch out cause JWall is coming................

I like JW, but this is almost as ludicrous as the Nick hating.

This post isn't the most ludicrous one I've seen from you..

Archived