Wow, talk about improvement out of QB Jonathan Wallace

aubiefifty

The difference between this year and last is night and day. I know he had some experience behind him but he sure looks like he has been coached up. And look at the little amount of the time the coaches have had to spend with Nick Marshall. he is much improved as well even tho he has a better team around him. I think we have an awesome coaching staff and I just hope we get to keep them together for a few years. it sure is fun to watch games this year. iIthink we just get better and better.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guy was a true freshman last year. I never understood all of the people who had given up on him. I think he is a good QB. I also think he will help us win games this year.

The guy was a true freshman last year. I never understood all of the people who had given up on him. I think he is a good QB. I also think he will help us win games this year.

Agreed

Glad to see him have a good game too.

Through the early fall workouts I always felt he was the #2 guy behind NM. And for a short period of time (a few series of downs or whatever) I would never consider burning JJ's red shirt if Nick got dinged up.

Now that JW has a year under his belt, he is a reliable back-up to NM...maybe not with Nick's overall talent, but with the OL and RBs we have this year, I think he can manage a game when needed. Nice to have the depth at QB...something we have often lacked.

I'm happy for JW and was hoping he would be the backup but i'm not totally convinced it's an "day and night" improvement yet. I agree he has improved but he hasn't attempted enough passes for me to believe he has improved greatly that i'd feel good about him being our starter if Nick went down.

Ain't that the truth

I would not be surprised if there's was a qb controversy after the LSU game.

AU might not beat LSU but I can't imagine that anyone that knows anything would be able to make the case that a different QB would have made a difference.

AU might not beat LSU but I can't imagine that anyone that knows anything would be able to make the case that a different QB would have made a difference.

If the Qb turns the ball over and/or is unable to direct a passing game, yes there will be a healthy debate on the Qb position.

There is not now and there will not be then...a QB controversy at Auburn this season....EVER. Nick Marshall is the QB but I do agree that JW can and probably will help us win a game somewhere during this deason.

He has gone from a trainwreck offense to Malzahn. I expected improvement and am glad to see it, I really like him.

Some tried to tell folks it wasn't the QB it was the coaching and play calling. I like NM and his determination, but to be truthful he has not done much to win the games, but he has not done anything to lose them either. He will get better and JW and JJ both will be good backups if needed. QBs look much better when they have a team that wants to play and coaches that are not totally lost. JMHO.

He has gone from a trainwreck offense to Malzahn. I expected improvement and am glad to see it, I really like him.

Some tried to tell folks it wasn't the QB it was the coaching and play calling. I like NM and his determination, but to be truthful he has not done much to win the games, but he has not done anything to lose them either. He will get better and JW and JJ both will be good backups if needed. QBs look much better when they have a team that wants to play and coaches that are not totally lost. JMHO.

He hasn't done much? Really... A'ight den..LOL

Guest jojo1515

He had ONE pass for 20 yards and SEVEN yards rushing. Start the Heisman campaign....Nick Marshall shouldn't even come to practice anymore. JW and his 27 yard performance will now start as QB and RB. He may even throw the ball to himself and play WR. I've never seen a backup perform so well under the pressure of a such a tight 30 point game. Chuck Norris better watch out cause JWall is coming................

I like JW, but this is almost as ludicrous as the Nick hating.

If the Qb turns the ball over and/or is unable to direct a passing game, yes there will be a healthy debate on the Qb position.

Which is very possible to happen. We shall see best of luck to all qbs.

JW looked the best of the 3 last year and that is verified by him being the backup now.

I had the most hope for JW, but am very happy we were able to get NM.

NM played a huge part in the win last night. His runs sparked drives and although he missed some throws, he had some really good ones too.

He had ONE pass for 20 yards and SEVEN yards rushing. Start the Heisman campaign....Nick Marshall shouldn't even come to practice anymore. JW and his 27 yard performance will now start as QB and RB. He may even throw the ball to himself and play WR. I've never seen a backup perform so well under the pressure of a such a tight 30 point game. Chuck Norris better watch out cause JWall is coming................

He's SO MUCH better than ANYTHING we've seen since CN there is no comparing the others since to him. Watch they guy play? What were you expecting from him? He's got a good internal clock, he sees the field and he's getting better. The guy didn't even go through spring drills and people act like they expect Aaron Rogers for crying out loud. He's plenty good and getting better each week. I have a really hard time understanding all the whining when we're 2 - 0 and things are looking SO much better for our team.

Guest jojo1515

He's SO MUCH better than ANYTHING we've seen since CN there is no comparing the others since to him. Watch they guy play? What were you expecting from him? He's got a good internal clock, he sees the field and he's getting better. The guy didn't even go through spring drills and people act like they expect Aaron Rogers for crying out loud. He's plenty good and getting better each week. I have a really hard time understanding all the whining when we're 2 - 0 and things are looking SO much better for our team.

You do realize I was being facetious about all the Wallace love, right?

:thumbsup:

Got to love Auburn Football. The most popular guy is the back up QB. I get the idea that is being said in the op, but this D line is the most impressive turn around. I expect we will take a few steps back when they play the big boys, but last year that same group of guys was getting pushed around by lesser opponents then we have played so far this year.

lets start the Heisman campaign for NM

Archived