does anyone think the refs gave wsu the game against auburn?

aubiefifty

got a buddy on another board says wsu was screwed by the refs. i sure would like to shut him up. i think we were fortunate but i do not see where he thinks we were given that game. and i thought one of wsu's d guys kept hitting high on auburn players. three times i can remember.

anyway looky looky looky at wsu beating southern cal. that should make our win look better. opinions are welcome...............

They didn't give us the game. Clearly we outplayed them and because of some of our own miscues that's why the game was even close, but I must admit they were screwed with at least 2 maybe 3 pass interference calls.

The refs last week really kept their flags in their pocket. They missed some obvious PI calls on us that makes it look like what your friend said. However, there was a lot of holding on our Dline that was not called either. Go back and look at the amount of times our Dline is having to put their jersey back over their should pads. That is a sure sign they got held.

got a buddy on another board says wsu was screwed by the refs. i sure would like to shut him up. i think we were fortunate but i do not see where he thinks we were given that game. and i thought one of wsu's d guys kept hitting high on auburn players. three times i can remember.

anyway looky looky looky at wsu beating southern cal. that should make our win look better. opinions are welcome...............

AubieFifty... you aren't on a WSU or ASU boards talking smack are you? Stay on AU boards. Don't be that guy.

actually i do not talk much smack. it was vlesports.com and they recently changed to the sportshole.com. and i have said nothing other than congrats on a good game. i want wsu to do good the rest of the season cus this young mans mother passed a few months ago. anyway i wanted opinions so i could be fair with him. only smack talk i do is usually reserved for the updykes and i have not been able to do much of that other than updyke and the teabagger. anyway war damn eagle! auburn is my heart and soul!

actually i do not talk much smack. it was vlesports.com and they recently changed to the sportshole.com. and i have said nothing other than congrats on a good game. i want wsu to do good the rest of the season cus this young mans mother passed a few months ago. anyway i wanted opinions so i could be fair with him. only smack talk i do is usually reserved for the updykes and i have not been able to do much of that other than updyke and the teabagger. anyway war damn eagle! auburn is my heart and soul!

Understandable. Did anyone watch the USC vs WSU game last night? Kiffin's game demeanor reminds me so much of CGC. He never got upset even a little bit at his WRs or his QBs on those interceptions. I understand taking it easy on your QBs, but those WRs routes and aggressiveness to attack the ball was lacking. I think it is tough to be Mr. Nice Guy and be a successfull college football coach.

It seemed to me that the writing is on the wall for Kiffin and he knows it. He backed his way into every head coaching job. This will be one of the worst teams in recent history and will end up with him either getting fired or running away.

The fans were cheering "Fire Kiffin"... I'd definitely say the writing is on the wall. I could see them going after that pretty boy coach at Texas Tech, but I'm sure they have the money to get someone better.

The fans were cheering "Fire Kiffin"... I'd definitely say the writing is on the wall. I could see them going after that pretty boy coach at Texas Tech, but I'm sure they have the money to get someone better.

And they were booing the Trojans at home!!

To the OP -- you're asking if the refs gave Auburn the game against WSU, right? Thread title has that reversed.

There were bad no-calls both ways in the game, in my opinion. If one were to focus only on the no-calls against Auburn, then one might say the refs gave us the game. But I think that's a really biased interpretation. It's not like WSU scored two more touchdowns that were called back on bad calls or something.

I also think we're better than Washington State and deserved to win that game. But I, too, hope they have a good season and am very happy they beat USC.

To the OP -- you're asking if the refs gave Auburn the game against WSU, right? Thread title has that reversed.

There were bad no-calls both ways in the game, in my opinion. If one were to focus only on the no-calls against Auburn, then one might say the refs gave us the game. But I think that's a really biased interpretation. It's not like WSU scored two more touchdowns that were called back on bad calls or something.

I also think we're better than Washington State and deserved to win that game. But I, too, hope they have a good season and am very happy they beat USC.

I guess you can go around looking at film and find "missed calls".....like the head high tackle 5 yards off the field by #20 of WSU...and I saw a short video of Adams rushing the WSU QB and at the end of the clip the WSU lineman was about to pull the jersey off #1.....and no call. JMO but it's pretty fruitless to try to blame losses on refs since from my observations, they usually miss plenty of calls on both teams...but then again, they could probably call a penalty of some kind on just about every play and who wants to see that?

Archived