remember when a year or two ago coach dye was caught

aubiefifty

I was at AU before Dye and suffered through the Barfield years but I still don't care for Pat Dye and really don't care for anything he has to say. Wish he would ride off into the sunset. Old coaches should have enough sense to just fade away and quit hanging around the program. He is only an embarrassment now. Why should Gus have to worry about what Dye thinks? That's just sad that he has that much influence. To me, the more he talks the more he tarnishes what good he did for the football team. This is Gus's team not this man's. It's like we just have to have a "bear" of our own ~ let's move on from the past ~ it's a new day!

Are you terry bowden's mother or grandmother?

That is a lot of hate for such a legendary coach.

Pat Dye IS Auburn Football and that is a fact.

Yet Pat Dye says he has zero input or influence on the administration of Auburn Football. He has been quite adamant that he is noting more than a supporter, a fan, an innocent bystander. He says he isn't privy to the inner workings of the athletic department or the decisions made regarding football operations.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at AU before Dye and suffered through the Barfield years but I still don't care for Pat Dye and really don't care for anything he has to say. Wish he would ride off into the sunset. Old coaches should have enough sense to just fade away and quit hanging around the program. He is only an embarrassment now. Why should Gus have to worry about what Dye thinks? That's just sad that he has that much influence. To me, the more he talks the more he tarnishes what good he did for the football team. This is Gus's team not this man's. It's like we just have to have a "bear" of our own ~ let's move on from the past ~ it's a new day!

Are you terry bowden's mother or grandmother?

That is a lot of hate for such a legendary coach.

Pat Dye IS Auburn Football and that is a fact.

Yet Pat Dye says he has zero input or influence on the administration of Auburn Football. He has been quite adamant that he is noting more than a supporter, a fan, an innocent bystander. He says he isn't privy to the inner workings of the athletic department or the decisions made regarding football operations.

Yep and I believe him when is says those things. All the heartburn about him still running the program is way overplayed. IMO the reference being made is honoring him for bringing Auburn football back from the dead and he did that. He ended a 9 game losing streak to bama and the iron Bowl was brought to Auburn during his tenure not to mention so many positive upgrades to facilities that were desperately needed. Undeniably, he made Auburn football relevant on the national stage after a lengthy hiatus. Personally, I value his opinion of talent. He worked for Bear for 9 years and was the recruiting coordinator that put together the classes there that won 3 NCs during the 70s at bama while he was there coaching LBs. Further, I dont get all the things said about him being an embarrassment. Do people think others will think less of them due to what Pat Dye says? He's in the twilight of his life and he'll gt all the space he needs from me to be who he is because there's no debating his love for Auburn football.

My opinions on Pat Dye....

He made AU football what it is today.

I think he definitely toes the company line with his comments. When I read his articles it always seems to me like he is still coaching the team. "Well we'll probably be good in some areas and struggle in other areas...." seems to be the jest of his analysis. So no I don't take what he says regarding the football team to the the bank.

I have no idea if he is running AU football behind the scenes or what his drinking habits are like. If he is running AU football behind the scenes then I am fine with that if we are good. If we are bad then I would kindly ask him to stop. Either way I imagine i'd enjoy sharing a drink and talking AU football with him! lol

Archived