my dad played frosh ball in auburn in

aubiefifty

i believe 55 or 56.my mother says she took me to watch him play when i was a baby so it would have to be 55 or 56. his name was david g luna and i have an old pic of him wearing number 24. is there anyway or where i can go look up his stats? i would love to just read what he might have done on the field. and oddly enough his first cousin was bobby luna and considered a superstar. he played both sides of the ball and even made the pros for a while. i never did meeet the man that i can remember as my parents divorced when i was young but i googled him.

anyway any help would be awesome!

oh and i left out bobby luna was a superstar for the turds..............

i checked wiki and it does not exist which i guess means no info.............

There is a website called lostletterman.com. I found a great uncle that played for AU in 1919 but it only list name and did not have any type stats.

Seems like I remember you asking for help on AE? I tried but to no avail. He was there a little before my Auburn days. Was he on a scholarship or a walk on?

i have no idea. the divorce was messy so i have very little info. i have thought of maybe maybe finding housels email and asking him for help...........and yes that was me at ae. and thanx much for your help

It was my pleasure to try and help. Let me see if I can get some help from some of the older lettermen that are still around. Not many left with good memories and if he played only on the Freshmen team I doubt any will remember him. Could you post the picture you have of him wearing #24? Or you can PM me if your not comfortable posting it on AUF. Give me a week or two.

It was my pleasure to try and help. Let me see if I can get some help from some of the older lettermen that are still around. Not many left with good memories and if he played only on the Freshmen team I doubt any will remember him. Could you post the picture you have of him wearing #24? Or you can PM me if your not comfortable posting it on AUF. Give me a week or two.

If you find anything, we would all love to hear it.

it will take me a couple of days since my scanner bit the dust but i will do it. the photo is black and white but the shoulders of the jersey are white and the rest of the jersey dark which i assume is blue and it has him catching a ball like might go in a yearbook.

I remember Bobby Luna as a field goal kicker at Alabama in early 1950's. If he's still around he maybe helpful about your dad's stay at Auburn. It seems cousins playing for Auburn and Alabama in same era would stay in touch. I do know a few old Auburn letterman from 1950's and will place some feelers.

bobby luna died a few years back and i never remember meeting the man.

Archived