The preseason expectations thread

Dual-Threat Rigby

This season has far exceeded my expectations. We still have so much to play for. It will be so much fun this off season looking forward to next years team. We should be in a lot of preseason discussions as one of the better teams coming back.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Gus Bus is on the Gravy Train, as far as I'm concerned.

War Eagle6 was on the Gus Bus and waving people on early. Props for that. I know there are still some people who don't think we can beat Alabama. I'm not among them. I think we handle Georgia and go into the Iron Bowl with the SEC West on the line. And I see us coming out with the win!

:wareagle:

BUMP! I thought I would bring this back at this point to see what everybody had predicted preseason. Some of you guys are pretty smart or just lucky.

no. some guys predict a great season EVERY year no matter how incredibly unreasonable it is. we are playing unreasonably well and exceeding my expectations. I make no apologies, im just enjoying it more than those who expected this.

Whatever makes you feel better about your unbelief! :laugh:

I think the sky is the limit as far as predictions go. I can see this team going 14-0, if all things fall in place like 2010. I know this is a stretch, but it could very well happen. From a logical point of view, a season of 8-4 or 7-5 seems to be the choice of many in the know. My logical prediction is 9-3. As far as Vandy goes, a 6-6, or a 7-5 season, or even an 8-4 season is probably in store for dandy Vandy.

12-2 12-1!!! An early loss to LSU, a very close loss win to South Carlina in the dome and a nice bowl win. WAR EAGLE!!!

Is it too late to change 1/3 of my August prediction???? :pcprobs:

"11-2 (or higher)

I say Marshall is third in passing, and 1st in rushing in the SEC for QBs

I'll say Tre Mason has 1473 yards and CAP has 800+ with Marshall having 1000+"

RIGBY DIDN'T FAIL

maybe on CAP and Marshall being good on passing

QB play is so important. 7-5 and a bowl win will be a good season IMO. Things are looking UP for years to come.

My statements ring true but my prediction is a bit lacking. I am so pleasantly surprised by my ignorance. WAR EAGLE!!

• 4 weeks later...

I think the sky is the limit as far as predictions go. I can see this team going 14-0, if all things fall in place like 2010. I know this is a stretch, but it could very well happen. From a logical point of view, a season of 8-4 or 7-5 seems to be the choice of many in the know. My logical prediction is 9-3. As far as Vandy goes, a 6-6, or a 7-5 season, or even an 8-4 season is probably in store for dandy Vandy.

12-2 12-1!!! An early loss to LSU, a very close loss win to South Carlina in the dome and a nice bowl win. WAR EAGLE!!!

Is it too late to change 1/3 of my August prediction???? :pcprobs:

Dag nab it... I predicted the wrong team to represent the east. Now I know why my figures were off.

Mulligan!?!?!

Just give me one more second

13-1!!! An early loss to LSU, a win over Mizzou in the SEC championship, and a very nice BCS title win. WAR EAGLE!!!

I've already made several bold predictions ... so why stop now. Being well aware of Gus's plans I think Ellis Johnson will have the D ready for the task at hand. He knows which schemes will work within the overall system and what's likely not, as regards to a fast pace and substitutions. So I look for him to have the 2-deep ready to mix and match as needed, for stamina to be as best can be expected, and to have taught them how to tackle. With Nick Marshall being fleet of foot he's not only going to be a run threat, but also able to extend the passing downs when push comes to shove. Hopefully this will allow Gus to surprise teams with varying game plans, and with Rhet Lashee handling the nuts and bolts he'll experience a freedom to see even more of the big picture. If we can keep it close on D, I think the offense will better most other teams, as GUS seems to excel at mixing the correct elements together for success.

As far as games:

I'm thinking LSU may be enough of a wake up call to open some eyes, and instead of being a loss leading to a nose dive, it will re-install what playing in the SEC is all about. So with 3-1 and a bye week before OleMiss, followed with Western Carolina, a Johnny less Texas A&M, and Florida Atlantic I can see wins in all 4 of these. That could be 7-1 heading into Arkansas and Tennessee with both being beat-up from (1) Texas A&M-Florida-South Carolina-A'la Badloosers and (2) Georgia-South Carolina-TheBadlosers-Missouri. I can see a case for our so-far relatively easy (or easier) schedule being bad for both of these teams and a possible 9-1 season so far. With poise, some experience, and a still bad taste from LSU this year (and them last the 2) we should give Georgia all they want . So after a too close win and another bye week it's the Crimson-Tied. They'll boast and rant and steal signals and in the end bitch like the whiners they really are ... when their string of luck finally turns sour. That'll be 11-1 going into the SEC game... and with too many variables (who's there, injuries, depth, etc) it'd be mere sunshine pumping to pick further into post season.

Wow, that is quiet the prediction, even nailed the "wakeup call"

I've already made several bold predictions ... so why stop now. Being well aware of Gus's plans I think Ellis Johnson will have the D ready for the task at hand. He knows which schemes will work within the overall system and what's likely not, as regards to a fast pace and substitutions. So I look for him to have the 2-deep ready to mix and match as needed, for stamina to be as best can be expected, and to have taught them how to tackle. With Nick Marshall being fleet of foot he's not only going to be a run threat, but also able to extend the passing downs when push comes to shove. Hopefully this will allow Gus to surprise teams with varying game plans, and with Rhet Lashee handling the nuts and bolts he'll experience a freedom to see even more of the big picture. If we can keep it close on D, I think the offense will better most other teams, as GUS seems to excel at mixing the correct elements together for success.

As far as games:

I'm thinking LSU may be enough of a wake up call to open some eyes, and instead of being a loss leading to a nose dive, it will re-install what playing in the SEC is all about. So with 3-1 and a bye week before OleMiss, followed with Western Carolina, a Johnny less Texas A&M, and Florida Atlantic I can see wins in all 4 of these. That could be 7-1 heading into Arkansas and Tennessee with both being beat-up from (1) Texas A&M-Florida-South Carolina-A'la Badloosers and (2) Georgia-South Carolina-TheBadlosers-Missouri. I can see a case for our so-far relatively easy (or easier) schedule being bad for both of these teams and a possible 9-1 season so far. With poise, some experience, and a still bad taste from LSU this year (and them last the 2) we should give Georgia all they want . So after a too close win and another bye week it's the Crimson-Tied. They'll boast and rant and steal signals and in the end bitch like the whiners they really are ... when their string of luck finally turns sour. That'll be 11-1 going into the SEC game... and with too many variables (who's there, injuries, depth, etc) it'd be mere sunshine pumping to pick further into post season.

Wow, that is quiet the prediction, even nailed the "wakeup call"

Very nice.

A few guys on here were getting pretty close. I thought we'd win ten

Archived