The preseason expectations thread

Dual-Threat Rigby

You guys kill me with this "Marshall can't throw the ball" BS. I have seen so many people on this board say how inaccurate or incapable he is of throwing the ball. There is only ONE statistic that makes that a valid statement and it could also be explained by many, MANY other factors. Every single coach that has worked with Marshall has refered to his arm as being very strong.

I think the question is rather Marshall can throw the ball accurately. By all accounts he has a strong arm but that will only get one so far at this level. Reports from camp indicated that Johnson was able to keep the race close due to his better throwing ability. Marshall himself said in a press conference that his favorite thing about the offense was the read option (running play). Marshall threw a lot of interceptions his one year of college ball. So those are a couple reasons that I personally question how good of a throwing QB Marshall is going to be. Now if you have some reasons that you think Marshall is going to be a solid throwing QB then please share. :)

Not at all trying to be argumentative but he hasn't thrown any picks in college ball. He threw a lot of picks in junior college ball and just to back up why that doesn't bother me so much, the team he played for in JC won 2 games the year before he was there and won 7 the year after. They clearly weren't loaded with talent or anything resembling talent. The ONLY way to win when you are playing 1 v 11 style football is to take waaaayyyy more chances than you should in a normal game. He can't be too inaccurate if he still holds the GA state record for touchdown passes at over 100. All of the coaches that have worked with him and have had no reason to hide how good he is, have stated how incredible he is. Not how fast, or elusive but how great a QB he is. In no way would I make the argument that he's Peyton Manning back there but I would definitely make the argument that he is as anyone in this league. I have literally no reason to believe otherwise.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys kill me with this "Marshall can't throw the ball" BS. I have seen so many people on this board say how inaccurate or incapable he is of throwing the ball. There is only ONE statistic that makes that a valid statement and it could also be explained by many, MANY other factors. Every single coach that has worked with Marshall has refered to his arm as being very strong.

I think the question is rather Marshall can throw the ball accurately. By all accounts he has a strong arm but that will only get one so far at this level. Reports from camp indicated that Johnson was able to keep the race close due to his better throwing ability. Marshall himself said in a press conference that his favorite thing about the offense was the read option (running play). Marshall threw a lot of interceptions his one year of college ball. So those are a couple reasons that I personally question how good of a throwing QB Marshall is going to be. Now if you have some reasons that you think Marshall is going to be a solid throwing QB then please share. :)he

He will have a better team around him and a better coach, so he won't have to be the end all be all. My guess is that when we do pass, the initial game plan will stay away from those intermediate passes across the middle that are more susceptible to ints. and stick to short high percentage passes with the occasional home run attempt. That, coupled with a heavy does of RBs and QB options, will cut that int ratio way down.

agree...and back to Arky, Tenn, MSU, Ole Miss and Vandy.....tell my whether you would swap QBs with them? There are four really good QBs in the SEC..

I wouldn't trade NM for any QB in the league. That includes Manziel, McCarron, and Murray. NM's going to be THAT good.

Are u a mind reader? Because I'm telling u, we have the same feelings and thoughts about AU and NM!!

agree...and back to Arky, Tenn, MSU, Ole Miss and Vandy.....tell my whether you would swap QBs with them? There are four really good QBs in the SEC..

I wouldn't trade NM for any QB in the league. That includes Manziel, McCarron, and Murray. NM's going to be THAT good.

Are u a mind reader? Because I'm telling u, we have the same feelings and thoughts about AU and NM!!

LOL. Great Minds Think Alike!

LOL. Great Minds Think Alike!

Thats Right!! WDE

I'm going to predict Cass to have a great year. I just kind of realized that he has been solidified at the WLB spot for a while and it's pretty much been unquestioned. He must be feeling good/playing really well there.

If he breaks 100 tackles and 15 TFL he's got a 12-pack of nuggets on me.

9-3

Losses to LSU,Ole Miss and Georgia

Beat the breaks off of Washington St, Miss St, Arky, Tenn, and the cream puffs

Swing games aTm and uat but I think we win both

War Eagle!

I want to say we win them all, but not realistic. Right now (before we see our beloved Tigers take the field) and barring key critical injuries, I see it like this

Wash St = Win

Ark st = Win

Miss St = Win

LSU = Loss (this could be our Cinderella win though)

Ol Miss = Win

W. Car = Win

T A&M = Loss -- Manziel and that Offenss just too good. We will be competitive though

Fla. atl. = Win

Ark = Win -- I see this one as slugfest, since both have something to prove, but we have more talent.

Tenn = Win -- Could be a trap game, but we have more talent and better coaches.

Ga = Loss -- Murray's the reason.

Ala = Loss -- Alabama is stacked, no question about it. Three year starting QB.

Record: 8-4

I'm predicting 7-5 with a Liberty Bowl win over Tulsa to reach 8-5. If we can manage to upset Ole Miss or LSU, then I'll go 8-4 with a Music City Bowl win over North Carolina.

The defense and the passing game will have to improve A LOT to even get bowl-eligible. Improving more than 4-5 games in the SEC West isn't going to happen very often.

I'm going to revise this slightly. I think Auburn and Vanderbilt will be vying for a place in the Music City Bowl and the Liberty Bowl at season's end. Vanderbilt may have the better record, but, because Auburn travels so well, I'm guessing the Music City Bowl picks Auburn over Vanderbilt (more out-of-town business to boost the local economy). So, I'm going to project Auburn goes to the Music City Bowl and beats Virginia Tech and Vanderbilt goes to the Liberty Bowl and beats Tulsa.

I'm predicting 7-5 with a Liberty Bowl win over Tulsa to reach 8-5. If we can manage to upset Ole Miss or LSU, then I'll go 8-4 with a Music City Bowl win over North Carolina.

The defense and the passing game will have to improve A LOT to even get bowl-eligible. Improving more than 4-5 games in the SEC West isn't going to happen very often.

I'm going to revise this slightly. I think Auburn and Vanderbilt will be vying for a place in the Music City Bowl and the Liberty Bowl at season's end. Vanderbilt may have the better record, but, because Auburn travels so well, I'm guessing the Music City Bowl picks Auburn over Vanderbilt (more out-of-town business to boost the local economy). So, I'm going to project Auburn goes to the Music City Bowl and beats Virginia Tech and Vanderbilt goes to the Liberty Bowl and beats Tulsa.

If you are right, I will buy you an entire case of the beers of your choice. Auburn had a down year last year, true, but we will never be in competition with Vandy for any sort of accolade in CFB

U are in for a surprise!! WDE

If you are right, I will buy you an entire case of the beers of your choice. Auburn had a down year last year, true, but we will never be in competition with Vandy for any sort of accolade in CFB

Yeah, remember last year when we trying to be in completion of a bowl game, and they actually won one?

7-5 to 8-4. Win over a mediocre Big Ten team in the Music City Bowl.

We have CGM, Discipline, and some "Zero Expectations" giving us a lift.

We are going to sneak up on several teams.

We are back off the schnide and the ship is righted.

Bowl game equals extra practice time we sorely need.

Yeah, remember last year when we trying to be in completion of a bowl game, and they actually won one?

If you read what I just said you would realize that I excluded last year from the statement that followed. You ACTUALLY think we are on the same level as Vanderbilt?

If you read what I just said you would realize that I excluded last year from the statement that followed. You ACTUALLY think we are on the same level as Vanderbilt?

Until proven otherwise on the field, perception is reality.

I think the sky is the limit as far as predictions go. I can see this team going 14-0, if all things fall in place like 2010. I know this is a stretch, but it could very well happen. From a logical point of view, a season of 8-4 or 7-5 seems to be the choice of many in the know. My logical prediction is 9-3. As far as Vandy goes, a 6-6, or a 7-5 season, or even an 8-4 season is probably in store for dandy Vandy.

I am keeping my expectation low, I have been an AU fan since 1956 and last year was so depressing that I am predicting low(6-6) and hoping for the best

I think the sky is the limit as far as predictions go. I can see this team going 14-0, if all things fall in place like 2010. I know this is a stretch, but it could very well happen. From a logical point of view, a season of 8-4 or 7-5 seems to be the choice of many in the know. My logical prediction is 9-3. As far as Vandy goes, a 6-6, or a 7-5 season, or even an 8-4 season is probably in store for dandy Vandy.

I actually think it will be 8 wins but I'm going to push it with 9-3 too just to make it more fun. That would mean we have to take 1 of LSU, TAMU, Georgia or bama and win all the rest. That has just enough umpfff in the prediction to make it more interesting.

11-2 with a bowl win. We lose to Georgia and TAMU in close games. We beat Lsu, Arky, Ole Mess, Msu, UT, Uat. We will finish ranked #6 in the country.

I think the question is rather Marshall can throw the ball accurately. By all accounts he has a strong arm but that will only get one so far at this level. Reports from camp indicated that Johnson was able to keep the race close due to his better throwing ability. Marshall himself said in a press conference that his favorite thing about the offense was the read option (running play). Marshall threw a lot of interceptions his one year of college ball. So those are a couple reasons that I personally question how good of a throwing QB Marshall is going to be. Now if you have some reasons that you think Marshall is going to be a solid throwing QB then please share. :)/>

Do you know why NM threw so many INTs? His juco coach said that because they didn't have a good defense, or a good O-line, Nick had to try to make as many plays as he could to help the team win. Nick didn't just throw the ball up for grabs.

Archived