The preseason expectations thread

Dual-Threat Rigby

I say 11-2 and I am pretty confident in that. The only thing that worries me is our DT's. We have heard very little about them, in either spring or fall camp. What we have heard has not been good. I think our season could swing by three games depending on our DT play or lack thereof.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9-3, including a win in the Iron Bowl.

Marshall has 3,000 yards of total offense.

Mason and Artis-Payne combine for 2,000 yards rushing.

Team finishes in top 3 of SEC in offense, top half in defense.

The schedule sets up nicely for the season because of the number of home games we play early on. I expect the team to get better as the season goes along, regardless, and I think 7-5 would be scraping the bottom while 11-1 is not completely unreasonable.

Wash st-W 30–24

Ark St-W 42–14

Miss st-W 41–27

At LSU-L 23–26

Ole miss-L 34–41

Western carolina-W 45–7

At TAMU -W 27–24

Fla ATL-W 38–7

At Arky-W 48–20

At Tenny-W 21–17

Georgia-L 24–31

Bama-L 20–31

8–4 (4–4) with another Outback Bowl appearance.

Well I'm not one to count any game my tigers play as an automatic loss. With that being said I'm expecting about a 9-4 campaign this season,with improvement all the way around and finish ranked 20-25 in the final poll. I disagree with the ones who say we need to come out in game 1 conservative for nick. I think it's Important to go for broke in those first 2 games against weaker defenses to build great play book confidence for our qb so I expect huge numbers early and a very confident capable quarterback heading into conference play. WAR EAGLE everybody lets shock the world!!!!

We will NOT lose to bama! Mark it down and give me props when it happens!! I will gladly eat crow if bama wins!! I'm telling u guys nick saban does not want Gus at AU!!

I love to see all the high expectations on here. A little confidence never hurt anybody :P WDE

10 wins shocking the CFB world and our many haters. The press mentality (outside AL) switches from Auburn bashing at every opportunity to drawing more connections b/w our shocking success in 2013 and Gus being the driving force behind our 2010 NC run. Show improvement every week and flip some top targets commited to other schools to the Tigers. It surely is a NEW DAY baby !

War Damn Eagle !

You're a glass half empty kind of guy eh ? I'm still living in the glow of having a QB named so I'll have to hit you up tomorrow on the predictions.

Just say Nick throws half a touchdown the entire season, ANYTHING

It's now tomorrow so I will go with,

AU gets 9 wins in the regular season

Nick proves to be the real deal

Tre gets 1250 yds.

Ricardo Louis, All SEC

Carl Lawson, All SEC, All American Freshman team

Tony Stevens, All SEC Freshman team

Monty Adams becomes a starter by the 6th game

Kiehl Frazier becomes a starter at safety by the 6th game allowing Holsey to move back to corner

Our offensive line will be the strength of the offense.

Our secondary will be the strength of the defense, especially the cornerbacks

I think IronMan has it right. We need the media as well to swing some recruits our way.

We will NOT lose to bama! Mark it down and give me props when it happens!! I will gladly eat crow if bama wins!! I'm telling u guys nick saban does not want Gus at AU!!

Not being a hater, but really? I don't think Nick cares who is at Auburn. No matter who our coach is, he is always going to have really good teams.

Top 2/division in total rushing yards

Top 2/division in int.s (by our D)

Leads division in net kicking

Positive turnover ratio

Top 10/nation in least O penalties

I don't see this team winning 10+ games. They are still not in the same league as Georgia and Alabama this year. Next year, maybe but not this year.

I think that if this team wins 8 games AND is competitive against LSU, TAM, UGA, and UA then it'll be a good year. I won't say that Gus and Co can't pull of an upset against one of those four aforementioned teams but it doesn't seem likely.

Marshall will be Marshall and Gus and Rhett will protect him with a lot of zone read and quick receiver screens with some designed over the top stuff. I don't expect to see him hitting the cross field deep out against WSU.

People need to temper their expectations. I am as excited as anyone but this team has a long way to go to being in the top 1/3 of the league.

^^^^^

Not much to argue against this post. About what I expect, win wise, but I do see us competitive in each game, if our Defense can really come together. Offensively, I think we are fine, perhaps better than fine.

Not being a hater, but really? I don't think Nick cares who is at Auburn. No matter who our coach is, he is always going to have really good teams.

I respectfully disagree, no1 is when kids see this offense ran the way Gus intended recruits are gonna give us a hard look!! No2, Gus is an X's and O's coach and regardless of how many people tug on weeman's tail, he out-talents most of his opponents! Lsu, Ga, are the exception, because they have similar talents. Give Gus the similar talents and he will MOP the field with saban!! Do u really believe we had the same amount of talent as bama in 2010? See what I'm sayin? Mr. Spot u 24 is back and saban knows it! Gus does not fear saban at all!!

With the way he was complaining about the HUNH, I tend to disagree. You have to know that Auburn is on his mind with the way he will go after certain recruits just to keep them away from us, and Gus has done about as well as anyone has against Saban's defenses.

With the way he was complaining about the HUNH, I tend to disagree. You have to know that Auburn is on his mind with the way he will go after certain recruits just to keep them away from us, and Gus has done about as well as anyone has against Saban's defenses.

Exactly^^! Gus was once on espn showing the football world how to attack saban and his defense! Too bad no one listened! But they will when Gus proves it!!

10-2

Tennessee is a trap game. Lsu away is always tough. Tamu will not be nearly the same this year, we win that one. Ole miss at home after a week off, we win big.

I think we beat UGA and Bama this year. (But we will have been on the road in the sev two weeks coming into UGA)

We will be better than 2009. But not quite as good as 2010. The sec as a whole is probably better. The last 4 games will determine the season and probably the recruiting class

I think he is very worried about Gus being at AU, especially without CGC to get in his way. NS has not faired well against HUNH offense in general and Gus is the king of HUNH. 2009 we would have won if CGC had not called off CGM after we scored 21 points and we only dressed out like 65 scholarship players for that game. In 2010 CGC called him of for the whole last quarter and we still won, after spotting them 3 Tds when they were stealing the signals.In 2011 CGM was not calliong the plays after the Clemson game , that was CGC's offense. I think NS knows that Gus will eat his lunch for him. So will KS and Freeze also. NS is gone after this year. WDE.

I think he is very worried about Gus being at AU, especially without CGC to get in his way. NS has not faired well against HUNH offense in general and Gus is the king of HUNH. 2009 we would have won if CGC had not called off CGM after we scored 21 points and we only dressed out like 65 scholarship players for that game. In 2010 CGC called him of for the whole last quarter and we still won, after spotting them 3 Tds when they were stealing the signals.In 2011 CGM was not calliong the plays after the Clemson game , that was CGC's offense. I think NS knows that Gus will eat his lunch for him. So will KS and Freeze also. NS is gone after this year. WDE.

Yep^^ Especially if he's Helped all the way to championship!!

I could easily see us going 9-3 in the regular season.

LSU has their first four games at home, with Auburn the 4th game just when LSU's schedule starts to get tougher. Before us, they play two cupcakes. They will be fired up and hungry to kick some ass in their first SEC match-up in Death Valley. It will be Auburn's first road game. Cam Cameron will have their offense firing on more cylinders, but it will still be a run-first attack. Auburn's defensive line will have their work cut out to stop the run and stifle LSU's talented stable of running backs. We stay competitive, but get 1st loss of the season.

After a narrow win against Texas A&M and another road victory at Arkansas, Auburn travels to Neyland Stadium with high expectations. Butch Jones and crew are salivating at the chance to upset a West team that is hot, and have their sights set on ending Auburn's streak against the Volunteers. Trap game. Auburn comes out flat, and falls behind early. The D-line gets pushed around by Tennessee's veteran O-line corps. We regroup at halftime and come back swinging for the fences in the 2nd half, but lose a close one.

Auburn loses their momentum, but the players regain their edge as Jordan-Hare gets loud and rocking for the Georgia game. This game takes its physical toll on both teams, as the momentum shifts several times throughout four quarters. Our secondary manages to keep Aaron Murray in check early on, but he keeps his composure while the defense bails them out of several tight spots. The Bulldogs get a hard-fought win.

The coaches keep the players focused and hungry in the bye-week for an upset over the Crimson Tide. Nick Saban goes nuts and binges through two boxes of Little Debbies the following day.

I simply can't get my mind around predicting the number of wins for a team that does not yet know they can win.

I think this will be Coach Malzahn's first season where he has a full complement of players to fit his system with the depth at offensive line to sustain it's pace. The quarterback pick enhanced these factors by adding a personality that simply does not stop, no matter what. I think this intangible that was added will help more than any passing or running from the quarterback position this year.

I think this offense will be wildly successful, maybe the most successful in Auburn history.

The success of the offense should force teams to lean heavy toward the pass in an effort to keep up on offense. This should help protect the interior defensive line against most teams. I truly believe the defensive secondary will be the strength of this defense and that it was designed that way for a reason. I think this leads to a very successful defense that should keep Auburn in most games for the offense to have a chance to win them.

I expect special teams to play a huge role. I think this unit will be the difference in what may be just a successful season and one that could be wildly successful.

Auburn has the coaching, talent and players to play and beat every team on the schedule this season. What they lack is the self confidence and hunger to go out and beat down teams like Georgia, Alabama and LSU. Sometimes this is an issue that can be corrected with early season success. The pick for starting quarterback will help a lot in this area.

I think the down side for this team is 6-6 with a minor bowl appearance. I think the up side is nothing less than the final BCS Championship. The actual will likely be somewhere in between, but the journey will be memorable for us all.

I've already made several bold predictions ... so why stop now. Being well aware of Gus's plans I think Ellis Johnson will have the D ready for the task at hand. He knows which schemes will work within the overall system and what's likely not, as regards to a fast pace and substitutions. So I look for him to have the 2-deep ready to mix and match as needed, for stamina to be as best can be expected, and to have taught them how to tackle. With Nick Marshall being fleet of foot he's not only going to be a run threat, but also able to extend the passing downs when push comes to shove. Hopefully this will allow Gus to surprise teams with varying game plans, and with Rhet Lashee handling the nuts and bolts he'll experience a freedom to see even more of the big picture. If we can keep it close on D, I think the offense will better most other teams, as GUS seems to excel at mixing the correct elements together for success.

As far as games:

I'm thinking LSU may be enough of a wake up call to open some eyes, and instead of being a loss leading to a nose dive, it will re-install what playing in the SEC is all about. So with 3-1 and a bye week before OleMiss, followed with Western Carolina, a Johnny less Texas A&M, and Florida Atlantic I can see wins in all 4 of these. That could be 7-1 heading into Arkansas and Tennessee with both being beat-up from (1) Texas A&M-Florida-South Carolina-A'la Badloosers and (2) Georgia-South Carolina-TheBadlosers-Missouri. I can see a case for our so-far relatively easy (or easier) schedule being bad for both of these teams and a possible 9-1 season so far. With poise, some experience, and a still bad taste from LSU this year (and them last the 2) we should give Georgia all they want . So after a too close win and another bye week it's the Crimson-Tied. They'll boast and rant and steal signals and in the end bitch like the whiners they really are ... when their string of luck finally turns sour. That'll be 11-1 going into the SEC game... and with too many variables (who's there, injuries, depth, etc) it'd be mere sunshine pumping to pick further into post season.

Archived