The preseason expectations thread

Dual-Threat Rigby

After getting a co-sign from ellitor (so this thread doesn't get closed), there aren't any of these yet. So here you can post your record, stats rankings, in depth game expectations, so forth and so forth.

I'll start off

11-2 (or higher)

I say Marshall is third in passing, and 1st in rushing in the SEC for QBs

I'll say Tre Mason has 1473 yards and CAP has 800+ with Marshall having 1000+

Gus is head coach of the year

Warning this is not bold predictions this is regular predictions

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're a glass half empty kind of guy eh ? I'm still living in the glow of having a QB named so I'll have to hit you up tomorrow on the predictions.

8-4

Music City Bowl win

Beat LSU or Texas A&M and lose one to Ole Miss, Arkansas, or Tennessee

Marshall has 2,800 total yards

Mason/CAP account for 2,300 yards

Louis, Coates, and Denson have 1,900 total yards.

Lawson leads team in sacks.

We are in top half of the SEC in interceptions.

You're a glass half empty kind of guy eh ? I'm still living in the glow of having a QB named so I'll have to hit you up tomorrow on the predictions.

Just say Nick throws half a touchdown the entire season, ANYTHING

I don't see this team winning 10+ games. They are still not in the same league as Georgia and Alabama this year. Next year, maybe but not this year.

I think that if this team wins 8 games AND is competitive against LSU, TAM, UGA, and UA then it'll be a good year. I won't say that Gus and Co can't pull of an upset against one of those four aforementioned teams but it doesn't seem likely.

Marshall will be Marshall and Gus and Rhett will protect him with a lot of zone read and quick receiver screens with some designed over the top stuff. I don't expect to see him hitting the cross field deep out against WSU.

People need to temper their expectations. I am as excited as anyone but this team has a long way to go to being in the top 1/3 of the league.

Guest WarEagleSteve

8-9 wins.

We snag one from LSU, UGA, or A&M

Marshall throws for about 2200 and runs for 600 with 25-30 total touchdowns.

Mason/CAP combine for about 1800-1900 yards and 15 touchdowns between them.

Offense rates out as top 4 in the conference and top 25 nationally.

Defense rates out as top half of the conference and top 75 nationally.

Kiehl gets at least two interceptions.

10 wins shocking the CFB world and our many haters. The press mentality (outside AL) switches from Auburn bashing at every opportunity to drawing more connections b/w our shocking success in 2013 and Gus being the driving force behind our 2010 NC run. Show improvement every week and flip some top targets commited to other schools to the Tigers. It surely is a NEW DAY baby !

War Damn Eagle !

After getting a co-sign from ellitor (so this thread doesn't get closed), there aren't any of these yet. So here you can post your record, stats rankings, in depth game expectations, so forth and so forth.

I'll start off

11-2 (or higher)

I say Marshall is third in passing, and 1st in rushing in the SEC for QBs

I'll say Tre Mason has 1473 yards and CAP has 800+ with Marshall having 1000+

Gus is head coach of the year

Warning this is not bold predictions this is regular predictions

I agree with your prediction, not so much because NM is QB but because of theclass acts I have seen out of KF , JJ and a lot of the other players. I knew this team had the talent, it was just a question of if they would have the chemistry and coheasion. I would judge by the way the team is stepping up to the plate they have reached the point they were in back in 2009 and 2010. We have more talent and depth than we had those years. We have better coaching than we did in those years. And finally we have the character that took us to those heights, back in place. Auburn football is back and this year will be their finest moment.WDE.

My expectations are higher now that NM has been named to start as I see QB play much improved,,,and more experience on the O line.

With Gus's offensive style, I figure that if our D finishes in the top 50 or so nationally, they will have done a great job because one way or the other, they will spend a lot of time on the field...and we will be playing a number of really strong offensive teams that will put points and yards on the board.....against anyone.

Overall....perhaps 8-4 plus a bowl win..

7-5. Which I would be fine with as long as we are competitive in every game. If the D can step it up GREATLY, then we could possibly win 9. This program fell off of a cliff both on and off of the field in 2011 and 2012. Gus has a very tough job.

wde

7-5 regular season. Win the 4 non-conference games, split between Ole Miss, Miss. St., Tennessee and Arkansas. Take one against UGA, LSU, aTm and uat. One or more players that is a pre-season hero now will not be starting at seasons end. Thinking we we play either Georgia Tech or Virginia Tech in the Music City bowl.

8-4 with a win over LSU,UGA, or TAM.

Marshall leads SEC in rushing for a QB(kind of obvious).

Mason and Louis both 2nd team all SEC.

Lawson freshman All American.

We lose 3 games by 5 points or less to really good teams(showing that next year will be our year to get over the hump)

No idea, but hopefully optimistic. Just too many unknowns right now. Will depend on:

1) D-line (penetration, TFL's, sacks)

2) Competent LB'er play (correctly align defense, correct calls, few missed tackles)

3) Secondary (press coverage, interceptions)

4) QB - Marshall taking care of football/turnovers

5) O-line (gel as a group, establish control at LOS)

6) Receivers - anyone step up, separate and get open, and catch the ball?

I will go 9-3 in the regular season, 10 wins with the bowl game. This is based on the fact there is a good chance Manziel doesn't play a snap for A&M, which I think makes that a very winnable game. I also think we come out of Baton Rouge with a win. If you listened to Les Miles at media days he was really trying to temper the expectations of the fan base. They are missing a lot of key pieces on the defensive side of the ball and this was a game Auburn could have won last year. So in short Auburn will be much improved, LSU will not be as good as they were last season, this should equal a win for the good guys. Given all this Auburn realistically could be sitting at 10-0 going into the Georgia game, however I think it is likely growing pains could cost us against one of the Mississippi schools early on. If Manziel plays for A&M I would say 8-4.

NIne regular season wins. We win the 4 OOC games. Our on the field talent will be better than State's, OM's, Ark's, and Tenn's. Chalk up 4 more wins. We win 1 out of the three against A & M, lsu and the leg humpers. Even if Manziel plays i believe there will be a severe drop off in his production. And A&M's defense will be pedestrian. LSU may have talent but it will be hard to have those guys playing at the level of all those who left the school last year. Plus Miles' contract with Beezlebub is up for renewal. If ol Scratch decides not to re up ... Although uga's offense should be powerful their defense will be suspect also. At least early on.

I think its a huge task coming off last year and the team may have some discipline issues hangover.

7-5 this year

Hoping for better, but I will take that. Looking forward to much improved offense and some defensive improvements.

Wash st-W

Ark St-W

Miss st-W

At LSU-L

Ole miss-W

Western carolina-W

At TAMU -L

Fla ATL-W

At Arky-L

At Tenny-W

Georgia-L

Bama-W

8-4; only game I really see myself putting orange and blue glasses on is Bama game. Think anywhere from 7 to 9 wins. I really do think we can beat all 4 of miss st, ole miss, ark, and tenn but think we'll have a slip up somewhere which is why I've got one loss among them. 3rd or 4th in the west and 6th or 7th in the SEC. With gator bowl or Chickfila bowl birth. Think we win bowl game to finish 9-4.

I would like to see a game or two before getting to carried away.But I'll go with 8 wins in the reg. season plus a win in the bowl game.If NM really shows out the sky is the limit.

QB play is so important. 7-5 and a bowl win will be a good season IMO. Things are looking UP for years to come.

7-5 regular season. Win the 4 non-conference games, split between Ole Miss, Miss. St., Tennessee and Arkansas. Take one against UGA, LSU, aTm and uat. One or more players that is a pre-season hero now will not be starting at seasons end. Thinking we we play either Georgia Tech or Virginia Tech in the Music City bowl.

I will second this. We won 3 games last year. I think our defense will struggle against some good teams, but I think our offense will surprise teams.

Just say Nick throws half a touchdown the entire season, ANYTHING

It's now tomorrow so I will go with,

AU gets 9 wins in the regular season

Nick proves to be the real deal

Tre gets 1250 yds.

Ricardo Louis, All SEC

Carl Lawson, All SEC, All American Freshman team

Tony Stevens, All SEC Freshman team

Monty Adams becomes a starter by the 6th game

Kiehl Frazier becomes a starter at safety by the 6th game allowing Holsey to move back to corner

Our offensive line will be the strength of the offense.

Our secondary will be the strength of the defense, especially the cornerbacks

Archived