i have a friend on another board who is a huge wsu fan

aubiefifty

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ray was a walk-on to save scholarships since the MLB team he played for is paying his way.

Speaking of him, has anybody heard how his camp is going?

If Auburn tackles well, the Tigers will be fine. Their pass-offense is designed to stretch opponents side line to side line more than vertically. They won't run much but I imagine they will utilize their RB's in their passing game.

Stat hit it on the head...short, quick passing game = nearly impossible to get pressue on QB.

If Auburn tackles well, the Tigers will be fine. Their pass-offense is designed to stretch opponents side line to side line more than vertically. They won't run much but I imagine they will utilize their RB's in their passing game.

Stat hit it on the head...short, quick passing game = nearly impossible to get pressue on QB.

Well, in that case, the d- linemen should get their hands up to block passing lanes!!

Ray was a walk-on to save scholarships since the MLB team he played for is paying his way.

That's what I was getting at. Just because someone is listed as a walkon, doesn't mean they aren't an elite athlete.

Washington State averaged 330 yards a game passing last year. In fact they threw for 3,965 yards on the year but only averaged 20.0 ppg. Auburns defense doesn't have to worry as much about the yardage as they do scoring. I personally don't care how many yards Wazzu racks up as long as AU can limit the scoring opportunities.

Washington State averaged 330 yards a game passing last year. In fact they threw for 3,965 yards on the year but only averaged 20.0 ppg. Auburns defense doesn't have to worry as much about the yardage as they do scoring. I personally don't care how many yards Wazzu racks up as long as AU can limit the scoring opportunities.

Not just that but limiting 3rd down conversions is a huge key

Excellent point...did we ever make a 3rd stop last year against a decent team's 1st team? Though I'm guessing we must've gotten a few, I sure don't remember any!

I could easily see a few quick passes from them to setup a play action pass deep. They will definitely test our secondary considering how shallow we are in a few spots, and by shallow, I do not mean lacking at talent. 3rd downs will show how much this team has grown over the year, and with a team so pass heavy, the secondary should get plenty of "practice."

Guest WarEagleSteve

Washington State only converted 31% of their 3rd down attempts last year. If we can't stop them consistently on 3rd down, we're in trouble.

I believe this game is only close in the first half. Give our guys time to get used to game day and the coaching staff to figure out WSU.

After this, our offense will wear their defense down. Too much talent on the AU offense as well as size and speed, not to wear them down FAST!

“Defensive line coach Joe Salave’a said he’s trying to get his group up to speed, too. He said their conditioning isn’t quite where he would like it to be, but that ideally, he’d like to avoid rotating too many players.”

http://seattletimes.com/html/cougarfootball/2021661442_wsufootball22xml.html

Archived