i have a friend on another board who is a huge wsu fan

aubiefifty

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this has been the mildest summer I can recall in my 40 years in north Alabama.

same here in north ga...I think its been maybe 90 twice

this has been the mildest summer I can recall in my 40 years in north Alabama.

Agreed. I do landscaping during the summer so I'm outside in the elements every day. The weather this summer, though still hot and muggy, has been the mildest I can ever remember.

Used to live on the coast in Washington. It rained a little every day but was cool and breezy year round. Don't think I ever wore shorts. Nothing like the AL humidity that b****-slaps you the minute you walk out the door. On the other hand, the southeast feels like the Pacific Northwest right now. August. Go figure.

We weren't as bad as the record indicated last year, honestly. We came into the Dome last year and nearly knocked off a really solid Clemson team and nearly beat LSU as well. We just never could rebound from those losses and it kept snowballing. Having said that, I believe our guys have learned valuable lessons about finishing games and about competing. I think the game will be close, but I predict a 30–24 win.

It's gonna be different by gameday. Summer is returning.

Plus, Washington doesn't have the humidity that we do. Sure the temps have been similar but it still is warm and muggy. I think it will be close in the first half then we'll start to pull away in the second half.

Plus, Washington doesn't have the humidity that we do. Sure the temps have been similar but it still is warm and muggy. I think it will be close in the first half then we'll start to pull away in the second half....

... because we'll be bringing the heat !

Plus, Washington doesn't have the humidity that we do. Sure the temps have been similar but it still is warm and muggy. I think it will be close in the first half then we'll start to pull away in the second half....

... because we'll be bringing the heat !

Exactly! :thumbsup:

we will fill up their fan misters with hot water, you on that 23?

Pepper spray?

Man that's some evil stuff right there... I've been accidentally sprayed before and I don't think I could wish that on my worst enemy. That being said, the hot water isn't a bad idea.

Dear lord I just hope for a 3 and out on their first possession. It seemed like every time in the chiz era the other team cut through us like butter to start the game. We need to put these guys away early!!

It's because that defense was so predictable and easy to script against. That's why the first drive of the first and second halves usually meant long scoring drives by the opponent.

Vegas says AU by 15. Maybe it's closer, maybe not, but I can't see us losing this one.

That is a HUGE line IMO. I hope we cover that. I hope we have the second string in for the second half. But I am shocked the line is that large.

The defense will probably give up some points, but I just don't see the WSU defense being able to consistently stop the run game. A defensive turnover for us could be enough of a point swing to cover the spread. If we see improvement on our side of the defense, then that spread isn't so overwhelming. They don't have to be world beaters; just consistent and limit the yards after catch.

Vegas says AU by 15. Maybe it's closer, maybe not, but I can't see us losing this one.

That is a HUGE line IMO. I hope we cover that. I hope we have the second string in for the second half. But I am shocked the line is that large.

If we have no turnovers and minimal penalties (say <30yds and no critical ones) we cover.

I was talking with a friend tonight at work. He asked me who my favorite college football team was and I told him Auburn. He is a Colorado fan. When I told him who AU opened with he told me the Buffs only got one win last year and it was against, drum roll please.............WSU.

I believe this game is only close in the first half. Give our guys time to get used to game day and the coaching staff to figure out WSU.

After this, our offense will wear their defense down. Too much talent on the AU offense as well as size and speed, not to wear them down FAST!

Not to oversimplify, but I think the key to this game is tackling and more tackling. If we can limit their YAC everything else will fall nicely into place.

I read somewhere that they have two starters that are former walk-ons. Somehow this has to be in our favor.

Depends on the walk-on I guess and the situation. Isn't Melvin Ray a walk-on? Trent Fisher?

Archived