i have read some where some think the mississippi schools

aubiefifty

Not one conference game will be easy this year, unless we've improved an awful lot. State is almost never easy for us, and Ole Miss has a lot of good stuff going on. We've got a lot to prove, and I'm fine with that.

Ditto

And

Ole Miss had a good recruiting class with 18 returning starters 4 on the O-line including their center who is a SR, very key and QB, They have 10 coming back on defense with 4 returning on the D-Line. They have around 20 Seniors. Regardless of what you say they are in a good position to win. Now talent level and experience play a key role and we will see if the coaching staff can pull all of that together. Their first 5 games will be intersting @Vandy, SEMO (who the heck is this) @ Texas, @ Bama, @ Auburn. Sooooooooo they will either be ready to kick are butts or ready for the ice baths

Ole Miss did NOT have a "pretty good" team last year. They beat TWO teams all season that finished with wining records. Central Arkansas and Mississippi State. Won/loss record is not and should not be the sole measuring stick as to what constitutes a good team. They did nothing at all special last year and won't this year either, IMO. The games against the mississippi schools are games Auburn should never lose. I certainly don't expect to lose to either of them this year.

Not one conference game will be easy this year, unless we've improved an awful lot. State is almost never easy for us, and Ole Miss has a lot of good stuff going on. We've got a lot to prove, and I'm fine with that.

Ditto

And

Ole Miss had a good recruiting class with 18 returning starters 4 on the O-line including their center who is a SR, very key and QB, They have 10 coming back on defense with 4 returning on the D-Line. They have around 20 Seniors. Regardless of what you say they are in a good position to win. Now talent level and experience play a key role and we will see if the coaching staff can pull all of that together. Their first 5 games will be intersting @Vandy, SEMO (who the heck is this) @ Texas, @ Bama, @ Auburn. Sooooooooo they will either be ready to kick are butts or ready for the ice baths

They will lay down and take their whoopin' from us after they are done with that schedule. Vandy, Texas, & Turdsville should lay the smack down on the Brown Bears. By the time we get them there will be nothing left.

Looking at the West, we have no gimme' games.

We can make no assumptions about any of these games and have a lot to prove to become favored in any SEC game.

This^^

AU football finds itself once again, back at ground zero, having to prove themselves all over AGAIN. Things never come easy for Auburn - gotta scratch, claw and fight for the right to say we belong in the elite status of this conference. Now with the addition of what appears to be a juggernaut in Texas A&M, our program will have to fight that much harder.

I think Auburn will be improved from last year. First a better attitude, second a better defensive scheme, third allowing the GUS Offense to be the GUS Offense especially with what I think will turn out to be one of Auburn's best offensive lines. That said both Mississippi Schools were better than us last year, had pretty good recruiting year. I believe Ole Miss will be a little better than last year not sure about Miss. State.

We can win both but I can see why others would rate them higher than us. We have to prove all the things I said about us being better. If I am right we will win both and have a good team this year maybe even better than good.

Archived