just read where florida lost their starting qb to baseball

aubiefifty

that has to hurt this close to the season. seems he signed with the redsox.......... :popcorn:

thanx for the correction. was not trying to flame. next time i will go read the source article......

Yep. he had his appendix taken out last week though, so he's limited the first couple of weeks of practice.

I thought this was against SEC rules? (to be a professional in one sport and a college athlete in another sport)

he hasn't played a game or received payement though

I thought this was against SEC rules? (to be a professional in one sport and a college athlete in another sport)

he hasn't played a game or received payement though

Sounds fishy to me. If he "signed a contract", there had to be money involved in some shape, form, or fashion. MLB contracts have a signing bonus of some amount.

Several players have played minor league baseball, then gave it up and went to college and played football. Not against the rules.

The NCAA has backed off a lot since the days when Bo played . Bo lost his Senior year college baseball eligibility due a NFL trip paid for by the owner of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

The professional baseball players returning to college to play a different sport (Melvin Ray and others) have all been "former players"...essentially had quit the game. It's beyond belief than any professionial team would allow one of their active players to engage in a different "off-season" sport as a college player.

I'm still watching Brandon Jacobs...4th year in minor league class A and an AUburn commit back in HS. Not wishing him bad luck but I hope if things don't work out in baseball, he remembers AU. An exceptional athlete.

Archived