Because I'm fat, I'm fat, come on...

bootskii

I'm an Auburn grad and a Falcons fan. When the Falcons made the draft day move to get Julio I HATED it. A large part of me wanted him to fail just so I wouldn't have to cheer for a UAT player year after year.

That being said... He's been a stud and will far surpass anything Roddy White has ever done if his career keeps up at the rate it's begun.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If he was so great u guys should have won the 2010 championship! What happened?

I guess you guys won the national championship every year you had Bo Jackson?

You debate like a 9 year old.

U debate like a B**ch!! Guess what else bleeds crimson?

You didn't answer my question. Does that mean you admit that the absence of a title means Bo Jackson wasn't great? I mean, it's your own formula - so it must be accurate.

answer mine first! Of course that doesnt mean Bo wasnt great, it just means AU has enemies in high places! besides Bo was 10 times better than julio! Maybe that answers ur question! If not, oh well. I can't beleive u have the AUdacity to mention that steroid freak with Bo, the Greatest athlete ever!! Let that digest for awhile!!

I'm an Auburn grad and a Falcons fan. When the Falcons made the draft day move to get Julio I HATED it. A large part of me wanted him to fail just so I wouldn't have to cheer for a UAT player year after year.

That being said... He's been a stud and will far surpass anything Roddy White has ever done if his career keeps up at the rate it's begun.

same here. i'm also a falcons fan and it seems the sky is the limit for him at WR.

"I'm confused, did he get found guilty of anything? Please provide a link where he was ruled ineligible...Wait, let me guess, you only take the NCAA's word for it when they let your guy play - when they let our guy play, it's because their in our back pocket. "

Of course you're confused....you are a bammer after all. Let me simplify it for you. Julio does not come from a wealthy family. He does not come from a family with any money at all. And yet....he had an astounding wardrobe of expensive suits....a new one just about every week. Where did he get them? I bet T-Town Menswear knows the answer to that question! I have a friend whose misguided son goes to bammer. Would T-Town give him a free suit each week... worth about $1500-$2000...to wear on his walk to class? No? So that means that Julio Jones was receiving an EXTRA BENEFIT not available to other students. Either he had access to some serious cash to buy those suits,which would also raise serious eligibility issues, or he was given those clothes as a freebie because he played football. Either way...it would make him INELIGIBLE kinda like Reggie Bush. And T-Town Tom is a BOOSTER...so...you know...it's supposed to make a player ineligible. Don't even try to pretend that it's normal for a poor college student to sport a different custom tailored suit each week.

As for Cam....the incident in question took place at MISSISSIPPI STATE....not Auburn. Auburn had NOTHING to do with what happened. Your cheaters are all doing it on campus and around turdville, and it's bammer's boosters who are involved. And unlike Julio, Rent-a-Trent, etc...there was no evidence of any money anywhere. Nothing was found to even suggest Cam got any money from anyone....and he certainly got no payout from Auburn. It was never an issue for Auburn except in the feeble minds of the gumps and their REC media.

Only a gump would think there was anything to compare. How about getting the NCAA to examine the bank accounts of Julio and Rent-a-Trent and their families? I guarantee it would not come out squeaky clean.

Of course you're confused....you are a bammer after all. Let me simplify it for you. Julio does not come from a wealthy family. He does not come from a family with any money at all. And yet....he had an astounding wardrobe of expensive suits....a new one just about every week. Where did he get them? I bet T-Town Menswear knows the answer to that question! I have a friend whose misguided son goes to bammer. Would T-Town give him a free suit each week... worth about $1500-$2000...to wear on his walk to class? No? So that means that Julio Jones was receiving an EXTRA BENEFIT not available to other students. Either he had access to some serious cash to buy those suits,which would also raise serious eligibility issues, or he was given those clothes as a freebie because he played football. Either way...it would make him INELIGIBLE kinda like Reggie Bush. And T-Town Tom is a BOOSTER...so...you know...it's supposed to make a player ineligible. Don't even try to pretend that it's normal for a poor college student to sport a different custom tailored suit each week.

NCAA found no wrongdoing here, just like in the Cam Newton case. Again, you'll take the NCAA's word for it when it's Cam, but not when it's Alabama. How convenient.

NCAA found no wrongdoing here, just like in the Cam Newton case. Again, you'll take the NCAA's word for it when it's Cam, but not when it's Alabama. How convenient.

NCAA never launched an investigation on bama, ur compliance team did the investigation!

NCAA never launched an investigation on bama, ur compliance team did the investigation!

^^^THIS^^^^

War Eagle 6 ------ 1 Bama fan----- 0

it's a very compelling argument that our compliance department told the NCAA that nothing was wrong and they took our word for it.

You know what? You guys should get together some photos you collected on fan forums, of cars and suits and tats, and email that to sports writers to uncover the evil that is Alabama's cheating ways.

Auburn fans have never tried this, right?

Well FWIW i do not thinj julio was a bust. But to be fair, he isnt/wasnt exactly "great". He was above good. But great is an overstatement.

Well FWIW i do not thinj julio was a bust. But to be fair, he isnt/wasnt exactly "great". He was above good. But great is an overstatement.

I'd say the #6 pick in the draft qualifies as great. You could make the statistical argument that only 2600 yards isn't amongst the greatest ever, but you'd also need to remember that he played on VERY run heavy teams. 1st Team All SEC, 1st Team All American, #6 NFL Drat Pick, Pro Bowl in his 2nd year = great.

As a previous poster said, I'm sure they just took our word for it.

I'd say the #6 pick in the draft qualifies as great. You could make the statistical argument that only 2600 yards isn't amongst the greatest ever, but you'd also need to remember that he played on VERY run heavy teams. 1st Team All SEC, 1st Team All American, #6 NFL Drat Pick, Pro Bowl in his 2nd year = great.

of course they did! Just as long as mark emmert and ur alumni dir. Of enforcement is in charge why wouldn't they?

If I may chime in,,,, Julio is and was great. bama still cheats and gets away without even an investigation and there are pictures all over the net. unless they are getting investigated and the bama media doesn't report it. so you are both right.

I think a few of you are too quick to throw the word "great" out there.

They took your word for it when a "friend of the program" hid a kid out at a Florida beach until he signed with bama. Nothing to see here. The NCAA took your word that every one of those athletes just "gave away" those textbooks and didn't profit a dime from them.......because those bamr athletes are just Peaches.

I don't call a guy great that needed illegal picks or screens just to get open! A great wideout creates separation by himself!!

its a great job of coaching to make those illegal picks work. I would do it if I had the good luck to get away with it. however much I hate bammer I cant overlook the fact Julio was a stud. I thought the same about ingram until he faked an injury because we locked him down in the 09 iron bowl.

The NCAA took your word that every one of those athletes just "gave away" those textbooks and didn't profit a dime from them.......because those bamr athletes are just Peaches.

Huh? Last time I checked, we got in trouble for that.

#6 draft pick who validates it by going to the pro bowl in his second year = great.

The NCAA took your word that every one of those athletes just "gave away" those textbooks and didn't profit a dime from them.......because those bamr athletes are just Peaches.

#6 draft pick who validates it by going to the pro bowl in his second year = great.

I agree!

What kind of trouble? No loss of schollies. No bowl ban. Where exactly is the "trouble for that"? (I do agree julio has done extremely well. I thought he was hands of stone coming out of college. He has changed my mind about that)

Great is when u go to the pro bowl ur 1st yr, aka Cam Newton!!!

What kind of trouble? No loss of schollies. No bowl ban. Where exactly is the "trouble for that"? (I do agree julio has done extremely well. I thought he was hands of stone coming out of college. He has changed my mind about that)

if Julio had a weakness it was dropping routine catches. he had screws inserted in his hand and played the same week. and caught passes. that is toughness. I think he set a record at the combine for the standing long jump.(cam set the same record for qbs)

Just as a follow up to this original thread topic:

"From ESPN.com's Rob Demovsky on Twitter- No surprise after his performance in the scrimmage but Eddie Lacy getting the first reps in every drill. Prob will be the starting RB"

Archived