I'm sorry if this seems uncompassionate toward people

TitanTiger

With naked girls and ladies running and screaming and causing probably more trauma than the naked man standing there with his rhino horn was.

But the other part of this is, women and girls also have the right not to have to change clothes in front of a man. They shouldn't have to go home sweaty or soaking wet from the pool because the woman with man junk wants to change in their locker room.

i agree wholeheartedly with that. I personally am not offended by or alarmed by nudity but I understand that most people in this country are and should not have to suffer. Likewise, I wouldn't want to take the chance of putting a child in any potential danger just to satisfy someone who isn't physically a female.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And in later posts, after I calmed down, what did I post?

You never backed off your claim that you'd drag the guy out. The closest you came was in these posts:

No, it's called cowardice and being a passive protector of your family. And dragging the guy out may not be the best thing, but getting your child out IS THE BEST THING BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY.

Sorry guys/ladies, I lost control a little and called some people names. Not good behavior, but I am very protective of my kids, and will stop at nothing to make sure that they are safe.

Maybe in your mind you were changing to simply removing your child, but that is not what you said. At best that could be interpreted as making getting the child out your first priority, but dragging the guy out is still on the table until you say otherwise.

You guys are impossible.

With naked girls and ladies running and screaming and causing probably more trauma than the naked man standing there with his rhino horn was.

But the other part of this is, women and girls also have the right not to have to change clothes in front of a man. They shouldn't have to go home sweaty or soaking wet from the pool because the woman with man junk wants to change in their locker room.

i agree wholeheartedly with that. I personally am not offended by or alarmed by nudity but I understand that most people in this country are and should not have to suffer. Likewise, I wouldn't want to take the chance of putting a child in any potential danger just to satisfy someone who isn't physically a female.

nudity doesn't bother me, but most public restrooms have individual stalls or shower curtains if so there is no reason to strip to bare skin and walk proudly around the locker room. (there are guys at my gym that do this and I don't know what they are so proud of). especially if you are sporting different parts than the others in the room and most importantly if children are there. besides the psychological danger I don't much fear the possibility of sexual abuse. I have more fear of youth coaches, priests, youth ministers, Big 10 defensive coordinators, Big East asst hoops coaches, and pop singers that look and seen normal that an obviously confused freak in a public place.

LOL every gym must have those guys. Same here. The guy that feels he has to march around naked like he's guarding the tomb of the unknown soldier, etc.

I know a lot of people that may not be bothered by nudity around them that nonetheless wouldn't want to be naked in front of the opposite sex themselves.

You guys are impossible.

Hey, they're your words. Own 'em or retract 'em.

If I did, you either wouldn't read them or would just discount them as you have done with the latter posts that I posted. What's the point?

You guys are impossible.

Hey, they're your words. Own 'em or retract 'em.

If I did, you either wouldn't read them or would just discount them as you have done with the latter posts that I posted. What's the point?

If I missed the retraction, I apologize, but I've yet to see one.

One wishing to get gender reassignment surgery must complete a year of real life experience as the other gender. I suppose this involves using that gender's restrooms and changing rooms.

If you know of a far left progressive university that allows the transgendered to use the "wrong" restrooms and changing rooms, then the best solution is to take your children elsewhere.

One wishing to get gender reassignment surgery must complete a year of real life experience as the other gender. I suppose this involves using that gender's restrooms and changing rooms.

If you know of a far left progressive university that allows the transgendered to use the "wrong" restrooms and changing rooms, then the best solution is to take your children elsewhere.

The problem is, this particular one is the one that local swim clubs and high school swim teams use for practices and (I think) swim meets. Taking them to another place isn't an option other than having your children leave wet so he can use the women's locker room.

Here is my question, where are the fathers? And why are these fathers not dragging this "man", because if you have a penis, you are a man, out of this bathroom? Some of you people here have the most warped sense of reality and it is scary. Be a freaking man and protect your families!

I can see the news headline. "Message board poster talks tough. Gets his ass kicked by transgendered man in locker room."

LOL!!!

You're question is irrelevant but I am a parent to thousands of children because I am a teacher. I may actually teach your child. Hope that thought terrifies you. and by the way, there are many parents in that district that were okay with that decision. It does not make you a better nor worse parent than them. Hell, I imagine someone that comes off as intolerant in their ideas as you is actually a pretty terrible parent in the long run.

The problem is, in their pursuit of normalizing the behavior and being so politically correct they essentially force their views on everyone else. Regular folks who simply wish to use facilities and have a reasonable amount of discretion and modesty are forced to either bend to the will of the "progressive" and allow the dude to change with the women or leave.

why do they have to "normalize" their behavior? It is perfectly normal. And why are you "regular folk"? Does that make them irregular? Listen I agree and stated prior that I think separate bathrooms should be utilized until a time comes where it is not such a big deal to people. Your terminology in reference to others that live differently is rather telling as to a bias you have on this issue.

There is a lot of confusion by many on this forum as to what constitutes "normal" vs. pathological. But to be honest, it is a very nuanced distinction that is semantically ambiguous.

The way I look at it is that transgender people (for example) don't simply "decide" to be that way. They "are" that way. The reasons for it are based on actual chemistry and/or physiology in their brain. Those biological determiners are "normal", at least in the absolute sense, if not the statistical sense (which incidentally requires us to arbitrarily designate a specific portion of the bell curve as qualifying for normal.)

A less ambiguous way of expressing it would be "natural"

The real question is do we persecute these folks? Should we persecute anyone who falls outside of the "normal" limits on the bell curve for whatever criteria we choose?

The college retorts that they're only following state law and have since put up privacy curtains for the women who may feel uncomfortable.....

The school has since set up a smaller, isolated section of the locker room for girls to change in, until the matter is resolved.

I also think the potential harm or trauma to innocent girls is being overstated. This is a college. It seems to me that the occasional presence of "6 year olds" (for example) could be managed.

Otherwise, I question the potential harm or "trauma" that exists for college age girls. Maybe this is just a reflection of how our country is so uptight about sex and nudity, but I don't think the sight of a penis is going to traumatize a girl who is mature enough to be on her own (i.e.: a woman). At least it shouldn't. Besides, I seriously doubt this transexual is going out of her way to exhibit her differences. Most women don't like to exhibit nudity in locker room situations. (At least that's what I've been told. ;) )

I also think the potential harm or trauma to innocent girls is being overstated. This is a college. It seems to me that the occasional presence of "6 year olds" (for example) could be managed.

The pool facilities are used by swim teams with girls as young as 6 as well as local junior high and high schools in the area for practice and swim meets. If any small curtained area needs to be made, it should be a small area for the dude with a penis in the women's locker room, not for normal women who rightly feel uncomfortable with a dude's man junk hanging out in their locker room.

Otherwise, I question the potential harm or "trauma" that exists for college age girls. Maybe this is just a reflection of how our country is so uptight about sex and nudity, but I don't think the sight of a penis is going to traumatize a girl who is mature enough to be on her own (i.e.: a woman). At least it shouldn't. Besides, I seriously doubt this transexual is going out of her way to exhibit her differences. Most women don't like to exhibit nudity in locker room situations. (At least that's what I've been told. ;) )

So should we take all laws off the books that criminalize exposing oneself in public?

And this guy isn't "most" women. (Good grief this is such a weird conversation.)

The problem is, this particular one is the one that local swim clubs and high school swim teams use for practices and (I think) swim meets. Taking them to another place isn't an option other than having your children leave wet so he can use the women's locker room.

If the state laws make living in that state intolerable, then it is suggested you vote with your feet.

If the state laws make living in that state intolerable, then it is suggested you vote with your feet.

Or vote in the voting booth for some politicians with more common sense than to allow such a thing carte blanche and force everyone else to just get over their silly notions of modesty and privacy. Why should everyone else have to adjust to accommodate someone's wrong view of themselves?

The pool facilities are used by swim teams with girls as young as 6 as well as local junior high and high schools in the area for practice and swim meets. If any small curtained area needs to be made, it should be a small area for the dude with a penis in the women's locker room, not for normal women who rightly feel uncomfortable with a dude's man junk hanging out in their locker room.

So should we take all laws off the books that criminalize exposing oneself in public?

And this guy isn't "most" women. (Good grief this is such a weird conversation.)

No

The college retorts that they're only following state law and have since put up privacy curtains for the women who may feel uncomfortable.....

The school has since set up a smaller, isolated section of the locker room for girls to change in, until the matter is resolved.

What do you consider to be the potential harm of having the transgender person use the locker room designed for his biologic gender?

What do you consider to be the potential harm of having the transgender person use the locker room designed for his biologic gender?

Minimal if any.

But not sure what you mean by "biologic" gender. Probably you really mean "anatomical" gender, which obviously is not the only thing that determines one's sexuality. It's all biological.

Archived