I'm sorry if this seems uncompassionate toward people

TitanTiger

Isn't there a simple answer? Teach people to stop making such a big deal about sexual identity, utilize unisex bathrooms, and design them so all have some expectation of privacy when showering and pooping? I'm thinking ala Starship Troopers. Things are only a big deal cause at some point in history, we decided to develop a morality code that allows nudity to become unnatural.

That's what I was thinking...

Well you are a Timelord. Timelords are wise.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the guy or it should be banned from exposing itself in ths presence of anyone else. Its just plain weird and scary for me much less kids. It's not about gays, they are gay but still a man or woman. As far as the child safety, i worry more about a sunday school teacher or youth coach than a homosexual and especially this unsightly freakish human being.

I think the guy or it should be banned from exposing itself in ths presence of anyone else. Its just plain weird and scary for me much less kids. It's not about gays, they are gay but still a man or woman. As far as the child safety, i worry more about a sunday school teacher or youth coach than a homosexual and especially this unsightly freakish human being.

freakish human being? Thanks for being the perfect example of the discrimination trans-gendered people face in the everyday world.

Isn't there a simple answer? Teach people to stop making such a big deal about sexual identity, utilize unisex bathrooms, and design them so all have some expectation of privacy when showering and pooping? I'm thinking ala Starship Troopers. Things are only a big deal cause at some point in history, we decided to develop a morality code that allows nudity to become unnatural.

Yeah. We're so modern and smart. Accumulated wisdom from centuries of our forebears couldn't have any validity any more.

Yeah. We're so modern and smart. Accumulated wisdom from centuries of our forebears couldn't have any validity any more.

why not go to centuries prior modern civilization when the only purpose for clothes was to keep us warm. I don't think God created us fully dressed with a vanity for appearance. I'm not stating that your morality code is wrong or right. I'm just stating that it developed over time and was not the natural order of things but rather an invention of man. We invented the concept of decency and we can reinvent its parameters if we so choose.

You seem to be implying that we should to accommodate some people who are sexually confused. Otherwise known as the tail wagging the dog.

You seem to be implying that we should to accommodate some people who are sexually confused. Otherwise known as the tail wagging the dog.

No what I'm implying is that perhaps we are the ones that are sexually confused due to our overemphasis of the importance of the relationship between nudity and morality. And I don't think someone who is trans-gendered is confused at all. They seem pretty clear as to how they identify themselves.

No what I'm implying is that perhaps we are the ones that are sexually confused due to our overemphasis of the importance of the relationship between nudity and morality. And I don't think someone who is trans-gendered is confused at all. They seem pretty clear as to how they identify themselves.

Yeah, crazy confused us. Thinking modesty and morality might be linked and that 6 year old girl shouldn't be subjected to some strange old man's junk in the dressing room. :-\

And he is confused. He was born with a Y chromosome and a penis. He's a man. He thinks he's really a woman.

Is that a medical professional opinion or layman personal opinion?

Does it matter?

In this case, yes. Your personal opinion doesn't make it so.

Yeah, crazy confused us. Thinking modesty and morality might be linked and that 6 year old girl shouldn't be subjected to some strange old man's junk in the dressing room. :-\

And he is confused. He was born with a Y chromosome and a penis. He's a man. He thinks he's really a woman.

I love how adults often love to hide behind children when expressing their biases and prejudices. There is nothing confusing in living as your genetic dictates. There is strong evidence that transgendered people have a genetic and hormonal reason to feel as if they are "trapped in the body of the wrong sex". A transgendered person is no more confused than a gay person that accepts ones sexuality. 20 years from now, trans gendered people will be as commonly accepted in the world as gay people are today. http://www.popsci.com/scitech/article/2008-11/discovery-transsexual-gene-raises-more-questions-answers

Also why does modesty and morality have to be linked? Do you look at every woman that wears really skimpy clothes as sluts?

I love how adults often love to hide behind children when expressing their biases and prejudices.

So you do think it's perfectly fine for a 6 year old girl to be subjected to some old man's junk while he pretends to be a woman?

There is nothing confusing in living as your genetic dictates. There is strong evidence that transgendered people have a genetic and hormonal reason to feel as if they are "trapped in the body of the wrong sex". A transgendered person is no more confused than a gay person that accepts ones sexuality. 20 years from now, trans gendered people will be as commonly accepted in the world as gay people are today. http://www.popsci.co...estions-answers

I'm betting anorexics that can't seem to get past seeing themselves as fat no matter how emaciated they become are just a fat person trapped in a skinny body too. We should just affirm everyone in their okayness and lie to them to avoid hurting their feelings.

Real compassion in these situations wouldn't perpetuate a lie to a person no matter how much they believe it.

I love how adults often love to hide behind children when expressing their biases and prejudices.

So you do think it's perfectly fine for a 6 year old girl to be subjected to some old man's junk while he pretends to be a woman?

There is nothing confusing in living as your genetic dictates. There is strong evidence that transgendered people have a genetic and hormonal reason to feel as if they are "trapped in the body of the wrong sex". A transgendered person is no more confused than a gay person that accepts ones sexuality. 20 years from now, trans gendered people will be as commonly accepted in the world as gay people are today. http://www.popsci.co...estions-answers

I'm betting anorexics that can't seem to get past seeing themselves as fat no matter how emaciated they become are just a fat person trapped in a skinny body too. We should just affirm everyone in their okayness and lie to them to avoid hurting their feelings.

Real compassion in these situations wouldn't perpetuate a lie to a person no matter how much they believe it.

Anorexia does have a genetic component to it. We treat it because it is deadly. Trans-gendered identity and denial of such does more damage to the individual. Any psychologist / Therapist of worth would encourage a trans-gendered person to accept themselves and live as they self identify when ready. You are judging these people based through your moral compass and I'm using science and rational belief of self determination to drive my viewpoint. Do I believe a 6 year old girl should be exposed to a penis in a locker room? No, that is not what I'm advocating. What I'm advocating is a de-emphasis of sexuality in regards to morality so that one day a 6 year old would simply shrug their shoulders at the thought that someone is trans-gendered. A penis is just a body part like a finger (albiet much much much larger :hellyeah: ) We make it, along with breasts, voo hoos, and bootie into something that is clothed for moral reasons. It serves no purpose to do so in my view. However, Until that day comes where it is desexualized, a young girl should not be exposed to a penis. And I also believe that masculinity and femininity are not matters of body parts but mindsets.

Anorexia does have a genetic component to it. We treat it because it is deadly.

We also treat it because it's a mental issue. When someone is clearly not viewing reality as it is, we don't stroke them and tell them it's fine. We speak the truth to them and try to help.

You are judging these people based through your moral compass and I'm using science and rational belief of self determination to drive my viewpoint.

This is step one of your main problem. You've jumped to a conclusion unsupported by the facts and decided that you know why I think what I think, which is where all that bull**** about "hiding behind children to express prejudices" came from. If you wish to have a productive discussion on this, lose that tactic.

Do I believe a 6 year old girl should be exposed to a penis in a locker room? No, that is not what I'm advocating. What I'm advocating is a de-emphasis of sexuality in regards to morality so that one day a 6 year old would simply shrug their shoulders at the thought that someone is trans-gendered. A penis is just a body part like a finger (albiet much much much larger :hellyeah: ) We make it, along with breasts, voo hoos, and bootie into something that is clothed for moral reasons. It serves no purpose to do so in my view. However, Until that day comes where it is desexualized, a young girl should not be exposed to a penis.

And that is all these parents are asking for...for their young girls to not have to be exposed to some strange man that acts like he's a woman but has a schlong hanging out everywhere. That's not "hiding behind children" it's just basic propriety and common sense.

We also treat it because it's a mental issue. When someone is clearly not viewing reality as it is, we don't stroke them and tell them it's fine. We speak the truth to them and try to help.

Titan, I agree with you argument, but I somewhat disagree about your characterization of reality concerning transsexuals. There is evidence that suggests there may be a biological component. Transexual brains can closely resemble the gender with which they self identify.

Titan, I agree with you argument, but I somewhat disagree about your characterization of reality concerning transsexuals. There is evidence that suggests there may be a biological component. Transexual brains can closely resemble the gender with which they self identify.

Transsexuals are free to FEEL however they want. That has nothing to do with the idea that males shouldn't be free to roam locker rooms with females in them.

You are judging these people based through your moral compass and I'm using science and rational belief of self determination to drive my viewpoint.

This is step one of your main problem. You've jumped to a conclusion unsupported by the facts and decided that you know why I think what I think, which is where all that bull**** about "hiding behind children to express prejudices" came from. If you wish to have a productive discussion on this, lose that tactic.

Do I believe a 6 year old girl should be exposed to a penis in a locker room? No, that is not what I'm advocating. What I'm advocating is a de-emphasis of sexuality in regards to morality so that one day a 6 year old would simply shrug their shoulders at the thought that someone is trans-gendered. A penis is just a body part like a finger (albiet much much much larger :hellyeah: ) We make it, along with breasts, voo hoos, and bootie into something that is clothed for moral reasons. It serves no purpose to do so in my view. However, Until that day comes where it is desexualized, a young girl should not be exposed to a penis.

And that is all these parents are asking for...for their young girls to not have to be exposed to some strange man that acts like he's a woman but has a schlong hanging out everywhere. That's not "hiding behind children" it's just basic propriety and common sense.

We don't treat trans gendered people as if they have a disorder such as anorexia because it is not classifies by medical science as a disorder. That is why I emphasizing the prejudicial thinking on your part that is based upon your moral code rather than science. You are rather defensive and I believe I have discussed this with you in a way that is respectful to your differing opinion.

We don't treat trans gendered people as if they have a disorder such as anorexia because it is not classifies by medical science as a disorder. That is why I emphasizing the prejudicial thinking on your part that is based upon your moral code rather than science. You are rather defensive and I believe I have discussed this with you in a way that is respectful to your differing opinion.

I disagree. Transsexualism is a medical disorder. ICD-9 code 302.5 is the code for trans-sexualism. ICD-9 is the classification of diseases to code for medical disorders.

That has nothing to do with the idea that males shouldn't be free to roam locker rooms with females in them.

I was just commenting on the fact that reality may not be what seems concerning gender identity. I agree with his argument on the aspect of propriety.

I disagree. Transsexualism is a medical disorder. ICD-9 code 302.5 is the code for trans-sexualism. ICD-9 is the classification of diseases to code for medical disorders.

Outdated, no longer classified by the APA as a disorder.

http://inamerica.blogs.cnn.com/2012/12/27/being-transgender-no-longer-a-mental-disorder-in-diagnostic-manual/

I'm wondering if the animals around his house are forced to wear clothes. =p (jk)

In all seriousness, would the state be comfortable placing him in a women's prison system? If not, why not? If they can justify him being in the girls shower but not in the womens prison I'd love to hear how.

freakish human being? Thanks for being the perfect example of the discrimination trans-gendered people face in the everyday world.

you're welcome

Outdated, no longer classified by the APA as a disorder.

http://inamerica.blo...gnostic-manual/

Sorry, but it is still a medical disorder.

From Wikipedia:Gender identity disorder is classified as a medical disorder by the ICD-10 CM[5] and was also in the DSM-IV TR.[6] The current DSM-5, however, removed the diagnosis and replaced it with an updated diagnosis called gender dysphoria.[7] Controversy exists as to whether GID should be classified as a mental disorder.[7] Many transgender people and researchers support the declassification of GID as a mental disorder for several reasons. The classification of GID as a mental disorder pathologizes gender variance, and reinforces the binary model of gender.[8] Diagnosis of a mental disorder can also result in harmful stigmatization of transgender individuals.[7] In addition, there is growing evidence that transsexualism has biological causes, such as brain differences, genetic abnormality, and prenatal exposure to hormones, in addition to psychological and behavioral causes.[9]

Sorry, but it is still a medical disorder.

From Wikipedia:Gender identity disorder is classified as a medical disorder by the ICD-10 CM[5] and was also in the DSM-IV TR.[6] The current DSM-5, however, removed the diagnosis and replaced it with an updated diagnosis called gender dysphoria.[7] Controversy exists as to whether GID should be classified as a mental disorder.[7] Many transgender people and researchers support the declassification of GID as a mental disorder for several reasons. The classification of GID as a mental disorder pathologizes gender variance, and reinforces the binary model of gender.[8] Diagnosis of a mental disorder can also result in harmful stigmatization of transgender individuals.[7] In addition, there is growing evidence that transsexualism has biological causes, such as brain differences, genetic abnormality, and prenatal exposure to hormones, in addition to psychological and behavioral causes.[9]

Not disagreeing with you, but the ICD-10 is current as of 1992. Changes may be forthcoming in the ICD-11 scheduled for 2015.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23244612

Archived