2014 3* C Andrew Marshall (Georgia Tech signee)

VA Tiger

If Kozan is our center of the future, why then were we recruiting Casher and take his commitment?

Whether Kozan The Barbarian is the future C or not we will take a C in this class.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Kozan is our center of the future, why then were we recruiting Casher and take his commitment?

Whether Kozan The Barbarian is the future C or not we will take a C in this class.

If Kozan is the future C what is Tunde #2 on the depth chart?

for now

I suspect Tunde knows the offense better right now, but Kozan has the higher ceiling talent-wise

Because Tunde is a junior, likely to graduate early (due to grades), and AK is a RSFr.

I think that's window dressing to a large degree. Kozan is starting at guard, so maybe that's why he isn't listed as second team center. I would be interested in seeing who comes out should Dismukes get injured (which I hope doesn't happen).

I think that's window dressing to a large degree. Kozan is starting at guard, so maybe that's why he isn't listed as second team center. I would be interested in seeing who comes out should Dismukes get injured (which I hope doesn't happen).

Shut your filthy mouth!

Like I said a few weeks ago he will only hold off until he gets an offer from GTech or UGa. I predict he will be starting center at least 3 years for Jackets. Even if we offered now (which I don't think we will) I would say it's too late. Ship has sailed. Good luck Andrew except if and when you play against Auburn.

LoL.

I am not sure that the ship has sailed. I believe we will watch him this year and see how good he is and see if he is getting bigger and stronger. Than based on what we see we might offer him. Whether he would still want to play for us. I don't know. But if he loves Auburn as much as some have said and assuming coaches have been very upfront about wanting to see him develop and why they have not offered him a scholly yet. There is a chance.

I know that is a lot of maybe's but until signing day you never know for sure.

I personally am one who likes what I have seen and if he continues to develop I would be glad to have him.

He isn't going anywhere, the season is about to start and he like we are concentrating on that. He is getting a ton of love locally and he may just get his AU offer. For anyone to act as if we have somehow snubbed this young man is delusional! He showed out at camp, his film is really good and if he looks as though he can get up to around 300+ lbs he will do great. We already offered Casher and he is higher on our board and while he did decommit there seems to be a notion that he will come back around. If so then AM may have to play elsewhere but if Casher doesn't come to AU then I would say he is golden. Hey, the numbers could work out to where we decide to take another lineman especially if Sims goes elsewhere. Not saying it will happen (no need to point out how many we plan to take or who is higher) but if he is good enough he could earn a scholly outright no matter what another kid does. He will not be "forgotten" or "misplaced" so we will all have to let it play out. FWIW; If he is able to put on the weight he could have a long career in football. With his leadership and other intangibles he will be great if he puts on the weight. #WDE

I hope he doesn't sign with uga. Sure, MR always signs top 10 classes every year, but he nor staff knows how to coach them up and get the very best out of them. Most of their players end up wasting their years in athens when they could and should have signed with Auburn and they become ALL-SEC and ALL-Americans.

I think Tech is a good fit for him. He's a really smart kid and the academics at Tech have to be attractive if he wants a technical career. Great kid who gave us a serious look, and I wish him well - and I hope he doesn't jilt Tech for UGA, who I believe is his favorite.

I don't see him getting an offer from GA. They just signed Kublanow last year and have a bunch of kids at OL that still haven't seen the field yet.

AM needs weight to play in the SEC. Great frame, smart kid, just needs some time - so evaluation is about potential more than immediate help. I don't think he'll wind up at UGa either, but I wish him the best.

I think Tech is a good fit for him. He's a really smart kid and the academics at Tech have to be attractive if he wants a technical career. Great kid who gave us a serious look, and I wish him well - and I hope he doesn't jilt Tech for UGA, who I believe is his favorite.

Great kid who did things the right way. He will not flip or play games. He waited a couple of weeks after getting an offer from one of his 3 favorites. When the dust settled and he thought it over carefully he pulled the trigger. Case closed.

Great kid who did things the right way. He will not flip or play games. He waited a couple of weeks after getting an offer from one of his 3 favorites. When the dust settled and he thought it over carefully he pulled the trigger. Case closed.

I wanted this kid with his frame, smarts and mean streak on the field I thought he would be a great center in a couple of years. However, I agree with you he is a class act and once he has made a commitment he will stick with it.

If he is indeed satisfied with playing at Tech then more power to him I guess. If AU came calling I bet he listens, JMO but if he really loves the SEC as much as he claims then we'll see what happens.

If he is indeed satisfied with playing at Tech then more power to him I guess. If AU came calling I bet he listens, JMO but if he really loves the SEC as much as he claims then we'll see what happens.

Dixie, if we get Cashier like most people think, it is doubtful he will get an AU offer.

Oh I agree, I just wonder where all this "poor Andrew" stuff comes from? He waited all of two months in his quest for an AU offer, the coaches were 100% up front w/ him as well. This attitude that we somehow have sl ighted him somehow is just asinine!

Oh I agree, I just wonder where all this "poor Andrew" stuff comes from? He waited all of two months in his quest for an AU offer, the coaches were 100% up front w/ him as well. This attitude that we somehow have sl ighted him somehow is just asinine!

Haven't heard anyone say or insinuate that he was slighted. Some think we made a mistake is all. Personally I don't think they made a mistake, because I trust our Coaches evaluation and Casher is who they want. I feel sure he is ours as soon as his offer is committable again. I don't think JC has any other options (at least not good ones) at this point. Staff also sees Sims as a better guard prospect thn AM. Marshall got a good offer (allbeit his 3rd choice) which is more than most kids get. I'm sure Andrew is excited about becoming a Yellow Jacket in Jan. or June. Things usually have a way of working out for the best.

Can y'all please move this thread to the rivals section?

25 pages on a prospect that AU passed on... that doesn't have an AU offer... and committed to another school! smh...

Archived