Gus lights into Bielema on slowdown

cooltigger21

Has there ever been a case where a sport has legislated itself into slower, more boring play? What's next, changing the Olympic motto to "Slower, Lower, Weaker"?

Face it guys, I think anyone who looks at Bielema knows why he's so against anything that involves a lot of running.

/snrk

I see what you mean. He looks like a thumb.

The arky "coach"....What's his name...Enema?...anyway....What a crybaby. He is almost as pathetic as the mayor of munchkinland/tuscaloser. The game changes with brighter minds and better schemes. Get used to it or get out. Oh.....I am SO thankful we have a CLASS act as our head coach. The future is bright indeed. WAR EAGLE ! ! ! !

The arky "coach"....What's his name...?

I think his name is Brett "Big Butthurt" Bielema...aka B4 ....Used in a sentence: John said, "Well, B4 you start complaining about how things are in the SEC, maybe you should play a game first and oh yeah ...if you don't step it up you will be out of a job before you can turn that Big Belly around"

I agree with everyone, but let's not get carried away talking about how Saban can't stop it. A game or two hasn't really established that.

But Bielema's comment about how Auburn "may not be concerned about the defensive players but he's concerned about all the players on the field" was a very cheap shot. Classic "begging the question".

I sure hope we start a streak against Arky.

+1 To say that Saban can't stop a fast offense when his defenses are consistantly at the top of the league every year is silly. He has proven on the field, in the W-L column that he is currently one of the top 10 college coaches in the nation. Coaches of that caliber, along with many others i.e. Les Miles/Steve Spurrier/Mark Richt/Urban Meyer/Chip Kelly/Bob Stoops/Gary Patterson/Chris Peterson, etc. know how to adapt, evolve, and overcome. If they didn't, they wouldn't be at the level they are today.

Now back to Big Belly Bert, he is just trying desperately to push his agenda to slow down the inevitable onslaught that is headed his way this season. Arky has a BRUTAL schedule and he will ultimately face 3-4 HUNH offenses in his own conference OleMiss/AU/aTm along with big, strong, smashmouth teams like LSU/UAT/SoCarl/FLA - Bert has a long row to hoe and he has a shortage of quality defensive players, thanks to Harley Petrino ignoring the defensive side of the ball for years.

+1 Bielema was also whining in an 1 on 1 interview about the number of staff members some teams have over others in the SEC that affect recruiting. He stated to the affect that it should be regulated and equal across the board and if that were to happen "some" teams would loose 8-10+ staff members that assist with recruiting. Found it interesting his first year in the SEC and he's already complaining?!! Why not just stay at Wisconsin! SEC is big time football. He keeps that attitude...i give him 3 years before he's gone.

Typical yankee. First thing they do after moving south is start telling us that we need to change to how they do it up north. Shoulda stayed in Wisconsin!

I agree with everyone, but let's not get carried away talking about how Saban can't stop it. A game or two hasn't really established that.

But Bielema's comment about how Auburn "may not be concerned about the defensive players but he's concerned about all the players on the field" was a very cheap shot. Classic "begging the question".

+1 To say that Saban can't stop a fast offense when his defenses are consistantly at the top of the league every year is silly. He has proven on the field, in the W-L column that he is currently one of the top 10 college coaches in the nation. Coaches of that caliber, along with many others i.e. Les Miles/Steve Spurrier/Mark Richt/Urban Meyer/Chip Kelly/Bob Stoops/Gary Patterson/Chris Peterson, etc. know how to adapt, evolve, and overcome. If they didn't, they wouldn't be at the level they are today.

Now back to Big Belly Bert, he is just trying desperately to push his agenda to slow down the inevitable onslaught that is headed his way this season. Arky has a BRUTAL schedule and he will ultimately face 3-4 HUNH offenses in his own conference OleMiss/AU/aTm along with big, strong, smashmouth teams like LSU/UAT/SoCarl/FLA - Bert has a long row to hoe and he has a shortage of quality defensive players, thanks to Harley Petrino ignoring the defensive side of the ball for years.

+1 Bielema was also whining in an 1 on 1 interview about the number of staff members some teams have over others in the SEC that affect recruiting. He stated to the affect that it should be regulated and equal across the board and if that were to happen "some" teams would loose 8-10+ staff members that assist with recruiting. Found it interesting his first year in the SEC and he's already complaining?!! Why not just stay at Wisconsin! SEC is big time football. He keeps that attitude...i give him 3 years before he's gone.

Typical yankee. First thing they do after moving south is start telling us that we need to change to how they do it up north. Shoulda stayed in Wisconsin!

Bret-Bielema-shirtless1.jpg

Bret-Bielema-shirtless1.jpg

Thanks. Now I have to go wash my eyes out.

I'm sick of the constant whining by several fanbases about what they think is "unfair" in the SEC. The dang LSU fans and their HC are crying and moaning about "unfair" scheduling and want to do away with traditional x-division rivalries - Biellmia & Saban are whining about player safety due to fast-paced offenses, Biellmia is whining about how "unfair" it is for some programs to stockpile staff members for recruiting purposes. Bielma and Miles, along with their fans just need to STHU and get to freakin work.

The schedules are what they are and the conference voted for them to be the way they are ~ if a team can afford to pay a huge staff and task them solely with recruiting then so be it ~ SEC teams are rich and wealthy, they take their football seriously and resources ($$$) will be made available to a HC that places recruiting high on his list of responsibilities ~ HUNH/fast-paced offenses are here to stay, the coaches may as well sackup and plan to defend it ~ traditional rivalries are the fabric of college football, they've been in existance for decades and AU has the South's oldest rivalry - they are here to stay (Miles) may as well concentrate your efforts and take your whining back to Baton Rouge.

I'm sick of the constant whining by several fanbases about what they think is "unfair" in the SEC. The dang LSU fans and their HC are crying and moaning about "unfair" scheduling and want to do away with traditional x-division rivalries - Biellmia & Saban are whining about player safety due to fast-paced offenses, Biellmia is whining about how "unfair" it is for some programs to stockpile staff members for recruiting purposes. Bielma and Miles, along with their fans just need to STHU and get to freakin work.

The schedules are what they are and the conference voted for them to be the way they are ~ if a team can afford to pay a huge staff and task them solely with recruiting then so be it ~ SEC teams are rich and wealthy, they take their football seriously and resources ($$$) will be made available to a HC that places recruiting high on his list of responsibilities ~ HUNH/fast-paced offenses are here to stay, the coaches may as well sackup and plan to defend it ~ traditional rivalries are the fabric of college football, they've been in existance for decades and AU has the South's oldest rivalry - they are here to stay (Miles) may as well concentrate your efforts and take your whining back to Baton Rouge.

Agree. Seems like SEC media week has turned into coaches whining week.

Remember, Saban also cried foul about open dates before you play Alabama. BB was crying about the SEC before he got here. I don't remember the situation but he was crying foul about the SEC a few years ago.

Remember, Saban also cried foul about open dates before you play Alabama. BB was crying about the SEC before he got here. I don't remember the situation but he was crying foul about the SEC a few years ago.

Boohoo - saban-bb-miles just need to dry up the tears and get ready to play ball.

i think he complained about SEC teams playing cupcakes later in the season. The Big 10 plays all their cupcakes at the beginning. It doesn't make a difference; two cupcakes a year are two cupcakes a year. Big 10 whiners just wanted to throw out the strength of schedule argument while some SEC teams were playing them in october and november.

They just know that they're the pretty girl and someone just pointed out that ridiculous gap in their teeth that's gonna keep them from being prom queen.

Wisconsin has always been one of the worse teams to have players fake getting hurt and couldn't get off the field for a few mins just to slow the other down because their defense was gassed. However,. after a little bit, their players or player would jump to their feet and RUN off the field for a play or two then they would RUN back into the game.

Archived