2013 4* WR Earnest Robinson (Auburn signee)

Sanders06

Random question... slightly off subject.  If you are committed to a school, and you have 5 official visits, why burn one on the place you are going to spend the next 3-5 years?

1)  To attend the best AU home game w/ red carpet access

2)  Coaches probably want him there on a big recruiting weekend to help recruit

I guess I'm just thinking, if I'm 17, I'm set on where I'm going to school, and I have the opportunity for a bunch of free trips, I'm going to go places where I wouldn't normally get to visit, instead of a place where I'm going to live.  I can see helping the coaches out with recruiting, that reason makes sense to me.

The OVs cost alot of money for the Universities. They are not going to bring a player in unless the player has some interest in the school.

I would hope, with the quality of our class, that most major schools would want to at least take a crack at them.

Exactly.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Random question... slightly off subject.  If you are committed to a school, and you have 5 official visits, why burn one on the place you are going to spend the next 3-5 years?

1)  To attend the best AU home game w/ red carpet access

2)  Coaches probably want him there on a big recruiting weekend to help recruit

I guess I'm just thinking, if I'm 17, I'm set on where I'm going to school, and I have the opportunity for a bunch of free trips, I'm going to go places where I wouldn't normally get to visit, instead of a place where I'm going to live.  I can see helping the coaches out with recruiting, that reason makes sense to me.

The OVs cost alot of money for the Universities. They are not going to bring a player in unless the player has some interest in the school.

I would hope, with the quality of our class, that most major schools would want to at least take a crack at them.

Just part of big boy recruiting

I must say after Yeldon we should be on the lookout for espionage. Saban would love to get another spy committed to us so they can cost us another scholarship or stop us from going after a another guy like Marshall.

Robinson is nothing like Yeldon.  ER is solid 2  :wareagle: Can't blame a kid for wanting to take his visits.

I'm not saying he's like Yeldon I'm just saying Saban will try to get a spy to make a false commitment like Yeldon did in the summer.

• 2 weeks later...

After a well deserved bump in the ranking, a bump to his thread is only right.

This kid has potential to be one of the great WR Auburn has been looking for since Emory Blake....pending Jaquays acceptance.

War Eagle ER!

This kid has potential to be one of the great WR Auburn has been looking for since Emory Blake....pending Jaquays acceptance.

War Eagle ER!

JaQuay, Trovon, Quan, Ricardo, Jaylon, Sammie, Melvin... the cupboard ain't exactly bare.

War Eagle ER!

JaQuay, Trovon, Quan, Ricardo, Jaylon, Sammie, Melvin... the cupboard ain't exactly bare.

I think I have blinders on regarding the WR group we already have because I haven't seen them produce yet. I would love to be wrong and see them step up.

War Eagle ER!

I think I have blinders on regarding the WR group we already have because I haven't seen them produce yet. I would love to be wrong and see them step up.

You and me both!

I've got to think that these guys (and Stallworth and Benton, not sure how I forgot them) can flourish in the right situation- Were any of them other than Coates rated lower than 4*s? Surely at least a couple of them are legit?- but I agree, until they produce, they haven't... produced.

Looking forward to ER joining the ranks, no doubt.

War Eagle ER!

You and me both!

I've got to think that these guys (and Stallworth and Benton, not sure how I forgot them) can flourish in the right situation- Were any of them other than Coates rated lower than 4*s? Surely at least a couple of them are legit?- but I agree, until they produce, they haven't... produced.

Most of the "lack of production" from the WR's was due to Malzahn's system. Receivers ran one route, no matter what type of coverage the defense was showing them, and the QB was instructed to throw to the WR that the play was designed towards. This severely limits the production of the WR. CSL's offense should allow them to adapt to the coverages, and get open to make plays.

War Eagle ER!

You and me both!

Most of the "lack of production" from the WR's was due to Malzahn's system. Receivers ran one route, no matter what type of coverage the defense was showing them, and the QB was instructed to throw to the WR that the play was designed towards. This severely limits the production of the WR. CSL's offense should allow them to adapt to the coverages, and get open to make plays.

Amen, hallelujah, WDE and pass the biscuits.

ER is a stud and should be a five star. Bray and Reed will have break out years to go along with Blake. Stall worth will be a solid contributor also. Watch out for the TE position though. I expect Lutz to have an All Sec year, and the back ups to get theirs also in Fulse and Parks.

War Eagle ER!

You and me both!

Amen, hallelujah, WDE and pass the biscuits.

Would love to see the WRs step it up. As for Malsahn's system, you maybe correct but we had many drops by the WRs last year also.

ER is a stud and should be a five star. Bray and Reed will have break out years to go along with Blake. Stall worth will be a solid contributor also. Watch out for the TE position though. I expect Lutz to have an All Sec year, and the back ups to get theirs also in Fulse and Parks.

Keep hearing Bray is really steping it up... going to be an offense that scores, especially when the OL matures some...

Keep hearing Bray is really steping it up... going to be an offense that scores, especially when the OL matures some...

FWIW, I've been told the same thing from multiple people. So much so, I was told he could move in front of TR rather easily, if he hasn't already

This. Bray and Uzomah repeatedly come up from my friends working with the team. The Oline just needs some work apparently. I think they are just young so we will need patience on that part.

I'm glad to hear Uzomah is doing well. He's got the measurables and seems like a great kid, but he gets lost in the conversation a lot. He could be a real weapon with his combination of size and athleticism.

Saw ER play in thier Jamboree game tonight. Just some random thoughts...

• Dude can sky for the jump ball; easily wrestles it away from DB's; was double teamed most of the night (teams only played a half)
  • Has pretty good separation skills...not blazing speed, but he does get open even when doubled.
  • Would like to see him do more when he knows the ball is going somewhere else...blocking, running dummy routes, etc.

All in all, he will be a very nice addition to our receiving corps. Can't wait for Trooper and Yox to get a hold of him. Overall, liked what I saw.

• Dude can sky for the jump ball; easily wrestles it away from DB's; was double teamed most of the night (teams only played a half)
  • Has pretty good separation skills...not blazing speed, but he does get open even when doubled.
  • Would like to see him do more when he knows the ball is going somewhere else...blocking, running dummy routes, etc.

All in all, he will be a very nice addition to our receiving corps. Can't wait for Trooper and Yox to get a hold of him. Overall, liked what I saw.

Escellent scouting report. Almost verbadum what Rivals said.

Good job Warbird! I hope to see more scouting reports from members in the areas of recruits more often.

:wareagle:

Rivals ranks him the number 4 WR and number 45 player in the country... wow he really shot up! Congrats Earnest

Yeah, he really impressed at a lot of the summer camps and i'm sure if he has an impressive senior year he may be in contention for a 5th star.

Rivals ranks him the number 4 WR and number 45 player in the country... wow he really shot up! Congrats Earnest

Yeah, he really impressed at a lot of the summer camps and i'm sure if he has an impressive senior year he may be in contention for a 5th star.

He likely will not be able to get a 5th star in the regular season. He will have to do it by being the best receiver at the Miss-Ala All Star game and the Under Armor game.

Archived