2013 4* WR Earnest Robinson (Auburn signee)

Sanders06

Slow Julio? I am alright with that

I'm not. I know I'm in the minority but I truly believe Julio was one of the most overrated players in the last 20 years. He has all of the intangibles but he had far too many drops in big situations for my taste. Sure he dominated the weaker teams though. Now if ER has all of the intangibles yet plays like Blake then I am pumped.

I'm right there with you, IHB. The Falcons traded a whole lot to get him, but I just thought he had stone hands and was  too injury prone throughout his career at Bamm to justify all the fawning.  Go Earnest !

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slow Julio? I am alright with that

I'm not. I know I'm in the minority but I truly believe Julio was one of the most overrated players in the last 20 years. He has all of the intangibles but he had far too many drops in big situations for my taste. Sure he dominated the weaker teams though. Now if ER has all of the intangibles yet plays like Blake then I am pumped.

I'm right there with you, IHB. The Falcons traded a whole lot to get him, but I just thought he had stone hands and was  too injury prone throughout his career at Bamm to justify all the fawning.  Go Earnest !

And the Falcons absolutely got there money's worth. If Earnest is anything close to Julio, then I'll be ecstatic.

I didn't say Julio wasn't good and I would have taken him on Auburn's team any day, but he was extremely overrated. As tigeraddikt said the Falcons gave up too much to get him.

Julio was a solid college receiver, but since he chose to go to bama he needed a year in the NFL to properly develop.  He excelled because of his talent.  Now under the right coaching he is really gonna become a stud for years

TIFWIW

@AndrewJBone

Earnest Robinson will take all five official visits. More on him this afternoon

TIFWIW

@AndrewJBone

Can't blame him for seeing what's out there.  Just hope we are still actively recruiting our commits as hard as we are the prospects...

TIFWIW

@AndrewJBone

Can't blame him for seeing what's out there.  Just hope we are still actively recruiting our commits as hard as we are the prospects...

I am sure our coaches talk to him the allowed amount by the NCAA. They understand the recruiting game and this isn't their first rodeo.

TIFWIW

@AndrewJBone

I am sure our coaches talk to him the allowed amount by the NCAA. They understand the recruiting game and this isn't their first rodeo.

I love Auburn more than most folks you'll ever meet, but if I got a free ticket to get the royal treatment at 5 campuses around the nation and soak up some college football from the best seats in the house...you bet your (body part) I would take all 5. 

Earnest is taking official visits to LSU, Georgia, Oregon, Tennessee and Auburn.

Likely but not set in stone. If he takes visits he will just be enjoying the process per Hoke.

Random question... slightly off subject.  If you are committed to a school, and you have 5 official visits, why burn one on the place you are going to spend the next 3-5 years?

Random question... slightly off subject.  If you are committed to a school, and you have 5 official visits, why burn one on the place you are going to spend the next 3-5 years?

It's free  :dunno:

1)  To attend the best AU home game w/ red carpet access

2)  Coaches probably want him there on a big recruiting weekend to help recruit

I guess I'm just thinking, if I'm 17, I'm set on where I'm going to school, and I have the opportunity for a bunch of free trips, I'm going to go places where I wouldn't normally get to visit, instead of a place where I'm going to live.  I can see helping the coaches out with recruiting, that reason makes sense to me.

I guess I'm just thinking, if I'm 17, I'm set on where I'm going to school, and I have the opportunity for a bunch of free trips, I'm going to go places where I wouldn't normally get to visit, instead of a place where I'm going to live.  I can see helping the coaches out with recruiting, that reason makes sense to me.

The OVs cost alot of money for the Universities. They are not going to bring a player in unless the player has some interest in the school.

Earnest is taking official visits to LSU, Georgia, Oregon, Tennessee and Auburn.

No bama.... :happydance:

That's woke Hoke said people should realize he is just enjoying his trips.

The OVs cost alot of money for the Universities. They are not going to bring a player in unless the player has some interest in the school.

I would hope, with the quality of our class, that most major schools would want to at least take a crack at them.

Archived