2013 4* WR Earnest Robinson (Auburn signee)

Sanders06

Bama says he didnt show up cause they only offered him for a TE position!  :laugh:

I love it. Chiz and company are slowly eating away at Saban's reign. This staff is relentless.

uat has been the #1 ranked recruiting team 4 of the last 5 years with one blip in 2010 as the #5 ranked team.  We have been as high as 4th (that same year) but have been steady at 7th-10th in other years.  Currently uat is in the top 5 and we are 10th...

Now, I don't really put any real importance on recruiting rankings, but I wouldn't say we are eating away at Saban's reign.  The lose guys every year to other teams, but seem to still pull in enough blue chip players to be ranked in the top 5. 

Having said that, I have a lot of confidence in our coaches and their evaluation of players and our needs.  I try to look at who they are targeting the most and see if those guys come on board.  I think it is much better to get who you want, than what a recruiting service says is good.  Last year bothered me a bit as I felt we lost out on some key guys I feel the coaches really wanted.  Not to say who we got isn't good... just a bit of a slip from years past on who we wanted.  This year seems to be moving in a better direction, but it is a long way to signing day.  A good season on the field could be what we need to close strong on this class... however, I would expect uat to have a strong class too, regardless of if RF or/and OJH flipping.

Thats why i said slowly... See, there is no other staff in this country that could be in the same state of Saban and do what our staff has done, is doing, and will ultimately accomplish over time which will make Saban say "uncle" and get far away from Auburn, Alabama.

:laugh::thumbsup:

Bathel, what you said makes sense in some sort of 'objective' way.

But 1tay2 is also right. When you consider what this staff is doing to lil' nicky, it won't be too long before he throws in the towel.  There's no quit in our guys. That's something that wears on folks like  :devil:.

:we:

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TideSports ranked him their #8 performer regardless of position.

8. Earnest Robinson, WR, (Pinson Valley HS, Ala.): Robinson made a statement on Saturday and a different player than he was six months ago. He is explosive coming off the ball. The Auburn commitment ran great routes and adjusted to ball when it was in the air. His speed has greatly improved, and he beat most of the guys he went up against on go-routes. He still can improve his hands, but Robinson certainly received high marks today.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guest EagleDamnWar

Rivals ranked Earnest number 2 WR behind TE OJ Howard.  "  Robinson is a good-sized wide receiver who is very smooth in his routes and quick out of his cuts. The 6-foot-3, 200-pound Auburn pledge did an excellent job of catching the ball whether it was over the shoulder or opening up his body on inside routes. Robinson does a good job of using his body as a shield and cutting through defenders when they approach him at the line of scrimmage."

Didn't someone recently drop him to a 3 *?

Scout did, but thats ok cause Lawson is only the 16th best d-end.  Lol, they made scout look like fools today lol. :party:

Rivals ranked Earnest number 2 WR behind TE OJ Howard.  "  Robinson is a good-sized wide receiver who is very smooth in his routes and quick out of his cuts. The 6-foot-3, 200-pound Auburn pledge did an excellent job of catching the ball whether it was over the shoulder or opening up his body on inside routes. Robinson does a good job of using his body as a shield and cutting through defenders when they approach him at the line of scrimmage."

It is funny ER keeps getting listed at 6'3. Dude is 6'1.5 and 190-195. And extremely strong for a WR. Anyway, like I said early in this thread, he will be our top WR in the coming years (along w/ Coates) and one of the best we have had in a while IMO.

Guest EagleDamnWar

Justin Hokanson ‏@JHokanson

Earnest Robinson goes up and over a West corner for big play in 7v7. The catch of the day so far

Chris Nee ‏@RivalsCNee

Earnest Robinson is MVP of SE victory over the West. He has won two jump balls for big gains and showed great body control on XP

Justin Hokanson ‏@JHokanson

Earnest. Robinson. Another monster catch, 40-yard TD for the Southeast between two corners. He's having a great camp.

Guest EagleDamnWar

Robinson was mvp of the first game for the SE squad.  Made some catches in the second game.  Played very limited reps in 3rd and 4th game because of a banged up shoulder.  Has a chance to be #1 WR/TE at the camp but I think he will get beat out by Howard and one other guy who did very well on the 7v7.

Hewitt Trussville will play Pinson Valley this year in the pre-season Jamboree game.  Will give you guys an update after the game.  Since it is a jamboree game, they might not show much...but I can hope can't I?  I'll keep the binocs on him anyway...want to see if he can do the less glamorous things like blocking, route running when the ball isn't coming to you, etc.  Stay tuned...

Guest EagleDamnWar

Robinson ended up being the #3 player on the SE team behind Ramsey and Howard.  Showed good "speed and size".  Very physical and good at "winning the ball at the apex."  Very impressive performance by Robinson.

Hewitt Trussville will play Pinson Valley this year in the pre-season Jamboree game.  Will give you guys an update after the game.  Since it is a jamboree game, they might not show much...but I can hope can't I?  I'll keep the binocs on him anyway...want to see if he can do the less glamorous things like blocking, route running when the ball isn't coming to you, etc.  Stay tuned...

Considering Pinson and Hewitt are neighbors, both good and rivals, I would expect both will try to win. Might be interesting.

Guest EagleDamnWar

Also, Robinson finished #5 overall performer at the 7v7 behind Ramsey, Howard, Taquan Mizzell, Quin Blanding.  He beat out notable names like Ricky Seals-Jones, Kendall Fuller, Steven Mitchell.

You're all wrong he's just a bama reject that will end up at TE.  Right?  Right?  :laugh:

You have been reading too much TD.  :tease:

You have been reading too much TD.  :tease:

I'm the rare exception to the rule.  I was banned from TD, but have yet to get banned here despite having had an account for far longer.  :laugh:

Guest EagleDamnWar

From the Rivals Chat:  Earnest Robinson also had an extremely good showing at the event - size, speed, and wins the ball in the air incredibly well.

"Not a burner, but he creates separation and is good on routes. I think he will see a bump up into the Rivals100 and amongst the WRs."

"Excluding TEs from the conversation, I'd say Marquez North, Earnest Robinson, Demarcus Robinson, and Ricky Seals-Jones (despite being up-and-down at event) were all very impressive prospects."

"Earnest Robinson, Laquon Treadwell, Steven Mitchell, Jalin Marshall... liked all those guys at WR."

Archived