2013 4* WR Earnest Robinson (Auburn signee)

Sanders06

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bama says he didnt show up cause they only offered him for a TE position!  :laugh:

I love it. Chiz and company are slowly eating away at Saban's reign. This staff is relentless.

uat has been the #1 ranked recruiting team 4 of the last 5 years with one blip in 2010 as the #5 ranked team.  We have been as high as 4th (that same year) but have been steady at 7th-10th in other years.  Currently uat is in the top 5 and we are 10th...

Now, I don't really put any real importance on recruiting rankings, but I wouldn't say we are eating away at Saban's reign.  The lose guys every year to other teams, but seem to still pull in enough blue chip players to be ranked in the top 5. 

Having said that, I have a lot of confidence in our coaches and their evaluation of players and our needs.  I try to look at who they are targeting the most and see if those guys come on board.  I think it is much better to get who you want, than what a recruiting service says is good.  Last year bothered me a bit as I felt we lost out on some key guys I feel the coaches really wanted.  Not to say who we got isn't good... just a bit of a slip from years past on who we wanted.  This year seems to be moving in a better direction, but it is a long way to signing day.  A good season on the field could be what we need to close strong on this class... however, I would expect uat to have a strong class too, regardless of if RF or/and OJH flipping.

Bama says he didnt show up cause they only offered him for a TE position!  :laugh:

I love it. Chiz and company are slowly eating away at Saban's reign. This staff is relentless.

uat has been the #1 ranked recruiting team 4 of the last 5 years with one blip in 2010 as the #5 ranked team.  We have been as high as 4th (that same year) but have been steady at 7th-10th in other years.  Currently uat is in the top 5 and we are 10th...

Now, I don't really put any real importance on recruiting rankings, but I wouldn't say we are eating away at Saban's reign.  The lose guys every year to other teams, but seem to still pull in enough blue chip players to be ranked in the top 5. 

Having said that, I have a lot of confidence in our coaches and their evaluation of players and our needs.  I try to look at who they are targeting the most and see if those guys come on board.  I think it is much better to get who you want, than what a recruiting service says is good.  Last year bothered me a bit as I felt we lost out on some key guys I feel the coaches really wanted.  Not to say who we got isn't good... just a bit of a slip from years past on who we wanted.  This year seems to be moving in a better direction, but it is a long way to signing day.  A good season on the field could be what we need to close strong on this class... however, I would expect uat to have a strong class too, regardless of if RF or/and OJH flipping.

Couldn't agree more but I think it would be better if we didn't keep our hopes up on OJ or RF cause we are just getting our hopes up. I just keep thinking about who we have a better chance at getting so I don't get my hopes up.  :we:

True if you are talking rivals. On Scout, AU and Bama have been ranked about the same the last three years on average with bama with about a 4/5 average ranking and AU about a 5/6. Virtually the same. And this year so far I think bama is 8 and AU is 9. The last three years have been very close.

We are close to their talent level, but we are not there yet.

Bama, as digusting to say as it is, is reloading every year due to their success in recruiting since Saban's arrival.

We are still recruiting and have almost completed building the foundation of success for years to come.

With the way our staff recruits, the time is coming where we will be able to just fill (reload) an empty position slot with yet another highly talented and highly recruited player.

Agree we are not quite there yet. I noted the last 3 years in my comment. We need 1 more strong class (2013) and we will be close enough to where it comes down to coaching and player development.

:believe:

Agree we are not quite there yet. I noted the last 3 years in my comment. We need 1 more strong class (2013) and we will be close enough to where it comes down to coaching and player development.

I agree. After this years class, which is looking very good, we will be reading every year, as long as we keep recruiting at this level.

Bama, as digusting to say as it is, is reloading every year due to their success in recruiting since Saban's arrival.

We are still recruiting and have almost completed building the foundation of success for years to come.

With the way our staff recruits, the time is coming where we will be able to just fill (reload) an empty position slot with yet another highly talented and highly recruited player.

We are recruiting the same level of talent as them. The only difference right now is that Saban has 2 more years doing it than Chizik. It is also noteworthy that on the OL, which was a real need, that we probably signed the best 2 year combined OL classes of anybody in the country. This '13 class will complete the first 5 year cycle for Chiz.

Let's compare:

Chizik                 Scout      Rivals

class #1 '09        16        19                                 

class #2 '10        06        04

class #3 '11        02        07

class #4 '12         08        10                 

Saban:

class #1 '07        22          10

class #2 '08        01          01

class #3 '09        02          01

class #4 '10        04          05

:believe:

I agree. After this years class, which is looking very good, we will be reading every year, as long as we keep recruiting at this level.

Novels or short stories?  ;D

We are recruiting the same level of talent as them. The only difference right now is that Saban has 2 more years doing it than Chizik. It is also noteworthy that on the OL, which was a real need, that we probably signed the best 2 year combined OL classes of anybody in the country. This '13 class will complete the first 5 year cycle for Chiz.

Let's compare:

class #1 '09         16         19                                 

class #2 '10         06         04

class #3 '11         02         07

class #4 '12         08         10                 

Saban:

class #1 '07         22          10

class #2 '08         01          01

class #3 '09         02          01

class #4 '10         04          05

Exactly what I was trying to say in a nutshell. Good post.

Let's compare:

Saban:

I see and agree with your point Jess but I don't consider the '09 class apart of that study. That NSd about salvaging the work Tubbs had done through December of 08. For me the '14 class will complete his first 5 year cycle because the '10 was the first class that was All Chizik.

I see and agree with your point Jess but I don't consider the '09 class apart of that study. That NSd about salvaging the work Tubbs had done through December of 08. For me the '14 class will complete his first 5 year cycle because the '10 was the first class that was All Chizik.

Yes, I agree with that as well. I seem to forget at times that the '09 class wasn't a "full" Chizik class.

I do appreciate Tubby's work with Lutzenkirchen though.  :laugh:

Thats why i said slowly... See, there is no other staff in this country that could be in the same state of Saban and do what our staff has done, is doing, and will ultimately accomplish over time which will make Saban say "uncle" and get far away from Auburn, Alabama.

In addition to notifying uat coaches that he would not be visiting he also has asked them to stop recruiting him all together.

In addition to notifying uat coaches that he would not be visiting he also has asked them to stop recruiting him all together.

Wow, do you have a quote where he said that, if so I would love to have seen Saban's face. :we::devil:

Let's compare:

Saban:

Yes, I agree that the '09 class was only a partial class but it should be included in the comparison because both of them were hired just before NSD on 2/1. Chizik on 12/13/08 and Saban 1/5/07.

16 of the 28 commits (58%) for the '09 class came after Chizik became HC so technically speaking, the '13 class would only be Chizik's 4.58th class.

Let's compare:

Saban:

Yes, I agree that the '09 class was only a partial class but it should be included in the comparison because both of them were hired just before NSD on 2/1. Chizik on 12/13/08 and Saban 1/5/07.

16 of the 28 commits (58%) for the '09 class came after Chizik became HC so technically speaking, the '13 class would only be Chizik's 4.58th class.

Well my point is the first classes of both coaches should be their first full year class. For Chizik it's the '10 class and Saban the '08 class. I just did not want to mention Saban in my first post.

Wow, do you have a quote where he said that, if so I would love to have seen Saban's face. :we::devil:

Wish I did. He hasn't said this in public yet.

If he really did that then he is already one of my favorite Auburn players of all time.

If he really did that then he is already one of my favorite Auburn players ever.

Finally a kid who sees through their bullcrap that they spew.

Guest EagleDamnWar

"I thought Robinson did real well in 1-on-1's and 7-on-7's. He is very physical and does a great job of using his body to shield defenders and going up and getting the ball." Free from 247

• 2 weeks later...
Guest EagleDamnWar

"Most impressive offensive skill players to me include TE O.J. Howard, WR Marquez North, WR Earnest Robinson, and RB Greg Bryant."  Chris Nee (Rivals Analyst)

Archived