2013 4* WR Earnest Robinson (Auburn signee)

Sanders06

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Interesting to read Earnest's early quotes and how he committed to Auburn because Coach Chizik promised that Auburn would not drop him if he got hurt. Thanks for your part in landing this quality person Gene, wherever you are.

• 5 months later...
Justin Hokanson ‏@JHokanson

Pinson Valley coach Matt Glover passes on tonight that #Auburn signee Earnest Robinson has failed to qualify

Robinson will enroll at East Mississippi Community College. Unfortunately, this isn't surprising. He had an uphill battle.

Justin Hokanson ‏@JHokanson

Pinson Valley coach Matt Glover passes on tonight that #Auburn signee Earnest Robinson has failed to qualify

Robinson will enroll at East Mississippi Community College. Unfortunately, this isn't surprising. He had an uphill battle.

Well durn. Best of luck to him.

Dang. Wish he could have gone the prep school route so he could be here sooner. Hopefully he uses this as motivation and we see him in O&B in 2 years.

Dang. Wish he could have gone the prep school route so he could be here sooner. Hopefully he uses this as motivation and we see him in O&B in 2 years.

That is a nice thought, but unless he really shows out in JUCO, AU will likely have long since moved on. We wanted him as a freshman its a whole new ballgame once you go JUCO for 2 years.

Any chance we can get him after only o

That is a nice thought, but unless he really shows out in JUCO, AU will likely have long since moved on. We wanted him as a freshman its a whole new ballgame once you go JUCO for 2 years.

We could get him as a redshirt sophomore with 3 years of eligibility remaining.

I split the relevent posts off from the other E-Rob thread because this news should get max exposure via it's own thread. Will be merged in a week or so..

I hope he makes it to AU one day. He stayed true to us and he could have easily jumped to Gumpton. And sadly he would have probably made it on campus

I hope he makes it to AU one day. He stayed true to us and he could have easily jumped to Gumpton. And sadly he would have probably made it on campus

I think the reality is slim E-Rob resigns with Auburn unless he becomes a D'haquille Williams freak of a juco receiver. By the time he is eligible if Gus' O is clicking like it should Gus will be able to cherry pick the best WRs in the nation.

I think E and 2012 are exactly right. Unless there is some gap in on campus talent for WR in two years, we will always be going for the high school kid that has a 4yr elgibility. Sorry to hear about it for him.

I think the reality is slim E-Rob resigns with Auburn unless he becomes a D'haquille Williams freak of a juco receiver. By the time he is eligible if Gus' O is clicking like it should Gus will be able to cherry pick the best WRs in the nation.

E, that is very optimistic. I just hope for above average receivers at this point. AU has never had the ability to cherry pick receivers. We sure could use some good ones. I think the receiver position would get one of our worst grades if we graded positions.

E, that is very optimistic. I just hope for above average receivers at this point. AU has never had the ability to cherry pick receivers. We sure could use some good ones. I think the receiver position would get one of our worst grades if we graded positions.

yeah when you think great receivers you think Devin A., Ben O, Courtney T., A. Mix from the Tubbs days. If we have someone who is serviceable like Darvin Adams we can survive so less than elite receivers fair pretty well in this scheme. Which is also why I'm excited to see Coates, Louis, Denson, Parks hopefully flourish in the offense they were recruited to be in. Hate to see guys like E-Rob go but damn it boys, strap it up and get in your books!

Archived