2013 SEC Media Days

RunInRed

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know of anyone putting up live streams of SEC Media Days?

I just did in the Gus and Auburn on espnu and espn3.com thread

Thanks Man and WDE!!

I'm cool with it if the athletic budget can handle it. I would imagine it is partly just for cool factor and swagger. It should feel like an honor for the guys going that have worked hard and earned the respect of Malzahn.

No one can put a price tag on that. B)

++ And that Chris Davis is a sharp looking dude...he deserves the private jet treatment.

Looking sharp but I would bet not as sharp as the Bama players. Of course the AU guys did have to buy their own suits so....

Some reporter mentioned that CGM has said complaints about a HUNH type offense were a joke. Bilema stated, "his concerns for player safety were not a joke, I'm not a comedian". He gave about a 5 minute speech. Over the top.

HOOVER, Ala. — Gus Malzahn says he hopes "somebody will establish himself early" in the race to be Auburn's starting quarterback, but, until then, "we've got four guys and we're going into this thing with a very open mind."

Malzahn was not close to naming a starting quarterback as he arrived for his turn at SEC Media Days.

"We'll be very upfront with our guys," Malzahn said.

Auburn has two experienced quarterbacks in Kiehl Frazier and Jonathan Wallace, and two newcomers in junior college transfer Nick Marshall and Alabama high school Mr. Football Jeremy Johnson.

When asked, Malzahn said Marshall has been steady in summer workouts.

"All I've heard is he's got a good attitude and he's worked hard since he's been here," Malzahn said.

Malzahn said naming a starting quarterback is the No. 1 priority, "but we have a lot of questions that need to be answered."

Like when? He said he named Chris Todd the starter in 2009 nine days into fall practice. "Hopefully, it will be earlier than later."

Malzahn said he wasn't sure if he'd use a Wildcat quarterback. He didn’t when he had Cam Newton.

"When Cam started, he wasn't our Wildcat guy. Then I figured out he needed to be. That's how smart I am," Malzahn joked.

Other notes from Malzahn's early meeting with the media:

**Fall practice will begin Aug. 2. Players report Aug. 1.

**Malzahn said the "summer as been good. Our players have gotten stronger, and, of course, they needed to."

**He said signee Earnest Robinson will begin his college career in junior college. Signee Jason Smith "is still up in the air. Nothing finalized at this point."

**On expectations for the season:

"There are a lot question marks going into this year. We'll learn a lot in fall camp."

But the expectations for improvement are there. Malzahn saw that with a record crowd for the A-Day Game.

"It's been overwhelming for me. We have the best fans in college football, and they've showed that. There's a lot of excitement when you go speak at places. It's a real special feeling.

"True families have a way of rallying, and that's what you saw. It really gave our players and coaches a shot in the arm."

Also: "We talk about getting our edge back. We're going to be very physical in fall camp. That's just what we'll have to do."

**Which newcomers have a chance to help this year?

"All of them. Everybody who shows up will have an opportunity to help us."

Some reporter mentioned that CGM has said complaints about a HUNH type offense were a joke. Bilema stated, "his concerns for player safety were not a joke, I'm not a comedian". He gave about a 5 minute speech. Over the top.

Big Belly Bert will just have to learn to deal with the HUNH offense 'cause he's gonna have upto 4 of his SECWest opponents running it this season. Auburn, aTm, OleMiss, and LSU's new OC plans to have a heaping helping of HUNH/fast pacesd offense in his scheme as well. These coached better learn to deal with it. In this conference you have to be able to adjust, adapt and evolve and overcome or you get run over.

Bielema just put his defensive players into a coffin with those words tbh

Does anybody have his presser? I would like to hear what he said. Thanks.

I do PM coming your way

I do PM coming your way

K. Thanks. I will sit right here and wait on it.

Archived