Projecting starters

tigerbrotha12

I can't wait to see some of you guys' faces when 'ol #5 is named one of the STARTING LB's.!

And I can't either!!! LOL - but that will not be nearly as funny as when #10 is starting QB and ole #14 is playing DB!!! This board will go into complete meltdown. There are just so many that think they know exactly what the coaches are thinking and I think it too funny. The coaches will play who they think gives AU the best chance to win, after all, their jobs will be on the line...

Funny, Haha! The only one that will be in meltdown is y-o-u!

You are wrong about me. I don't get all worked up like some of you!!! I will just wait and see what happens. I don't know what the coaches are thinking and neither do any of you. I am sure the coaches will make their own minds up regardless of what is posted on a message board....carry on

exactly. I've never understood why so many deal in absolutes when they have no idea what is going on with any aspect of the program. Why not just wait and see who the coaches put on the field? All of this: Player X WILL START, bank it, crap, is just stupid.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get why everyone is so high Slade...? Yes, he is a 2 year starter, but he gets beat more times than not. So I would classify Slade as having 2 years of sub-par to average experience, at best. His job is also up for grabs coming out of spring ball. He might start, or he might not... But, I do know that Grimes is high on Danzy, and really high on Kozan! Those could very well be the starting guards... Just sayin.

+100,000,000. I've been saying this for the past 2 years. I mean ESPN was really high on AJ Greene after he came back from his injury against Clemson but I didn't see that either.

slade is the offensive version of jake holland for me. ive seen enough to think or hope we see someone else step up. not hating at all, ill be rooting for whoever plays. just hoping for mucho improvement.

To put it in the words of Coach Dye - "it doesn't matter who is running the ball, who's throwing the ball or who is catching the pass - just as long as he's got a blue jersey on...."

We are all entitled to our opinion - but that is all it is. Not one of us can say for certain that this player is starting or that player is starting. I am just so tired of everyone making absolute statements like they know for certain. That is all. As far as NM playing DB - I am pretty sure that is where he will play if he is not playing QB. From what I have been told - he is a great athlete. Can he learn the offense and earn the respect of his teammates in two weeks???? That is the question that remains to be answered and nobody knows until Gus or Rhett says so.

War Eagle!

Jeannie

According to NCAA 14 the starters will be. Callahan, Kozan, Dismukes, Slade, and Young. With fulse starting at H back and JW at QB. :P

To put it in the words of Coach Dye - "it doesn't matter who is running the ball, who's throwing the ball or who is catching the pass - just as long as he's got a blue jersey on...."

We are all entitled to our opinion - but that is all it is. Not one of us can say for certain that this player is starting or that player is starting. I am just so tired of everyone making absolute statements like they know for certain. That is all. As far as NM playing DB - I am pretty sure that is where he will play if he is not playing QB. From what I have been told - he is a great athlete. Can he learn the offense and earn the respect of his teammates in two weeks???? That is the question that remains to be answered and nobody knows until Gus or Rhett says so.

War Eagle!

Jeannie

good question, but im not sure the other two learned it in the time they have had either. im for all of them.

War Eagle!

Jeannie

You do realize that Gus named Chris Todd the starter even though he went through what will amount the same number of fall camp practices that NM will have before the first game? If Chris Todd was able to do it then maybe NM can, too.

While I'm not guaranteeing that NM will be the starting qb, I'm just hoping and praying that it will be someone other than the same two quarterbacks that I saw play last season and in spring ball. If it's KF or JW, so be it, but like I said, I hope that they're a completely different version of themselves than what I've previously seen or else we're in for a long season.

War Eagle!

Jeannie

You do realize that Gus named Chris Todd the starter even though he went through what will amount the same number of fall camp practices that NM will have before the first game? If Chris Todd was able to do it then maybe NM can, too.

While I'm not guaranteeing that NM will be the starting qb, I'm just hoping and praying that it will be someone other than the same two quarterbacks that I saw play last season and in spring ball. If it's KF or JW, so be it, but like I said, I hope that they're a completely different version of themselves than what I've previously seen or else we're in for a long season.

Chris Todd was at every practice during the Spring and Summer of 2009, even though he was not participating, (I do realize he had shoulder surgery) but he was there with the coaches getting "coached up"....FWIW. I think that makes a lot of difference. But, like you said, this is a message board and everyone is free to discuss whatever they want.

War Eagle!

Jeannie

Chris Todd was at every practice during the Spring and Summer of 2009, even though he was not participating, (I do realize he had shoulder surgery) but he was there with the coaches getting "coached up"....FWIW. I think that makes a lot of difference. But, like you said, this is a message board and everyone is free to discuss whatever they want.

And how do we know that NM hasn't had an AU playbook for a while now? Todd was recovering from shoulder surgery so he may have been making mental notes, but there's nothing like actual reps and getting your timing down with the wide receivers, which is vital in Gus' offense. I just wouldn't sell NM short on being the man from game 1. If it is KF or JW then I pray that they have made leaps and bounds in improvement at the position.

I respect your opinion and yes, I would think that both KF and JW will be much improved over last year. I think competition is a good thing! I guess we will know soon enough! I know that Kiehl is working very hard and I am sure Jonathan is as well. Yes, I would think that NM has been studying the playbook (if not, shame on him).

War Eagle!

I respect your opinion and yes, I would think that both KF and JW will be much improved over last year. I think competition is a good thing! I guess we will know soon enough! I know that Kiehl is working very hard and I am sure Jonathan is as well. Yes, I would think that NM has been studying the playbook (if not, shame on him).

War Eagle!

I would bet it all that those two are working as hard as they possibly can. I doubt anyone would disagree with that. They seem to be the epitome of hard work, character, well spoken good kids that we are proud to have on our side. They definitely have a chance to improve and room for it.

War Eagle!

Jeannie

Wow, were'nt u the one who stated "when #10 is starting QB and ole #14 is playing DB"? Everybody knows ur compassion for KF to start at QB, And thats fine. Everyone has seen both QB's on film and some have seen both personally. I cant say i've had the pleasure of seeing nick play in person, but its enough for me to see with my own eyes to be able to tell he's Much more comfortable playing QB than KF! Now if the switch comes on for KF then great, I'm all for it! It makes great drama for competition. This just reminds me when kodi and chris were competeing a few yrs back, and we all know what happened back then. I just know on film NM is our best option right now! I'm not the only one who thinks this way, even bammers are worried about him in gus's offense!( they have viewed his highlites many of times, they dont fear KF at all, they r terrified at the possibilities with nick! WDE

I can't wait to see some of you guys' faces when 'ol #5 is named one of the STARTING LB's.!

And I can't either!!! LOL - but that will not be nearly as funny as when #10 is starting QB and ole #14 is playing DB!!! This board will go into complete meltdown. There are just so many that think they know exactly what the coaches are thinking and I think it too funny. The coaches will play who they think gives AU the best chance to win, after all, their jobs will be on the line...

You are wrong about me. I don't get all worked up like some of you!!! I will just wait and see what happens. I don't know what the coaches are thinking and neither do any of you. I am sure the coaches will make their own minds up regardless of what is posted on a message board....carry on

exactly. I've never understood why so many deal in absolutes when they have no idea what is going on with any aspect of the program. Why not just wait and see who the coaches put on the field? All of this: Player X WILL START, bank it, crap, is just stupid.

STUPID is such a strong word! Especially when everybody has an opinion as to who will play/start, including YOU!! Try to use better adjectives Mr.MOD!!!

STUPID is such a strong word! Especially when everybody has an opinion as to who will play/start, including YOU!! Try to use better adjectives Mr.MOD!!!

Exactly.

That's what this football forum is for - Auburn fans to share their opinions, predictions, observations - no harm in that. Not sure why folks get so bent out of shape about it. This is the dog days of summer and we're all longing for some Auburn football, so until then let's share our thoughts without the name calling.

He never called anyone stupid. He said that the idea behind us being able to claim who will or won't start is stupid. I guess he could have used foolish, vacuous, or inane, but then again they are all synonyms.

I see reading comprehension is a struggle for you. I never called anybody stupid. I said, dealing in ABSOLUTES is stupid when you have zero first hand access to the program. Oh, and for the record, I don't have an opinions in the least on who will play/start. I have this thing where I actually trust the coaches to make those decisions and its nothing that I or anybody else here have any control over.

War Eagle!

Jeannie

Wow, were'nt u the one who stated "when #10 is starting QB and ole #14 is playing DB"? Everybody knows ur compassion for KF to start at QB, And thats fine. Everyone has seen both QB's on film and some have seen both personally. I cant say i've had the pleasure of seeing nick play in person, but its enough for me to see with my own eyes to be able to tell he's Much more comfortable playing QB than KF! Now if the switch comes on for KF then great, I'm all for it! It makes great drama for competition. This just reminds me when kodi and chris were competeing a few yrs back, and we all know what happened back then. I just know on film NM is our best option right now! I'm not the only one who thinks this way, even bammers are worried about him in gus's offense!( they have viewed his highlites many of times, they dont fear KF at all, they r terrified at the possibilities with nick! WDE

I guess I should have said "IF No. 10 is playing QB and #14 is playing DB - excuse me!!

War Eagle!

Jeannie

I guess I should have said "IF No. 10 is playing QB and #14 is playing DB - excuse me!!

Its not a problem, we're both passionate about AU! Thats what matters! WDE

The fact is that none of these starting spots have been earned based on play on the field, they are all de-facto. Not a single player has shown anything the last two years to indicate that they are a consistent SEC starter (with possibly the exception of Jay Prosch and Tre Mason). Regardless of the OC or DC, seemingly every player has regressed as the season has gone on.

The play on the field certainly doesn't justify Greg Robinson, Chad Slade, or Reese Dismukes as sure-fire starters. Nor does it justify Dee Ford or Jermaine Whitehead. These players will probably start, though, but they certainly haven't dominated anyone. The only hope is that a renewed sense of work-ethic and discipline will raise the collective play of the 2013 team, because the only stars in the current two-deep relate to their play in high school.

I see reading comprehension is a struggle for you. I never called anybody stupid. I said, dealing in ABSOLUTES is stupid when you have zero first hand access to the program. Oh, and for the record, I don't have an opinions in the least on who will play/start. I have this thing where I actually trust the coaches to make those decisions and its nothing that I or anybody else here have any control over.

I see owning up to what you said is a struggle for YOU! I never said you called anyone stupid. I said using the word stupid is out of line when someone is giving an opinion...For the record, you're the only one that won't ADMIT to having an opinion on the matter. Yet and still you had an opinion on everyone else's opinion. :dunno: (LET THAT SINK IN) :dunno: but I digress, I'm a newbie & you're the great WarTiger :bow:

I see owning up to what you said is a struggle for YOU! I never said you called anyone stupid. I said using the word stupid is out of line when someone is giving an opinion...For the record, you're the only one that won't ADMIT to having an opinion on the matter. Yet and still you had an opinion on everyone else's opinion. :dunno: (LET THAT SINK IN) :dunno: but I digress, I'm a newbie & you're the great WarTiger :bow:

Your days are numbered, newbie!

Your days are numbered, newbie!

If that's the worst that can be done to me for not backing down....HASTA LA VISTA!!! :nopityA: Better yet...ADIOS AMIGOS

Offense will be very run heavy for WSU:

QB-Marshall

RB-Mason

HB-Prosch

WR-Coates

Slot-Bray

WR-Denson

LT-Robinson

LG-Kozan

C-Dismukes

RG-Slade

RT-Young

I agree we stay in more dime:

DE-Ford

DT-Wright

DT-Blackson

DE-Lawson

MLB-Frost

Star-Garrett

Star-Therezie

CB-Davis

CB-Mincy

FS-Whitehead

SS-Mcneil

Lawson starts, write it down. I'm tempted to put Reed in over Bray, because for reasons that I don't understand the coaches seem to favor him. I left Bray in though because I think we will be more run oriented and Bray should be the favorite for running reverses with his RB skills. I think the other question mark is Mcneil, I wouldn't be surprised if someone else sneaks into his position, like Holsey.

Offense will be very run heavy for WSU:

QB-Marshall

RB-Mason

HB-Prosch

WR-Coates

Slot-Bray

WR-Denson

LT-Robinson

LG-Kozan

C-Dismukes

RG-Slade

RT-Young

I agree we stay in more dime:

DE-Ford

DT-Wright

DT-Blackson

DE-Lawson

MLB-Frost

Star-Garrett

Star-Therezie

CB-Davis

CB-Mincy

FS-Whitehead

SS-Mcneil

Lawson starts, write it down. I'm tempted to put Reed in over Bray, because for reasons that I don't understand the coaches seem to favor him. I left Bray in though because I think we will be more run oriented and Bray should be the favorite for running reverses with his RB skills. I think the other question mark is Mcneil, I wouldn't be surprised if someone else sneaks into his position, like Holsey.

STUPID :whistle::drippingsarcasm7pa: :drippingsarcasm7pa: :drippingsarcasm7pa:

Archived